Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tommy Bowden Monday Teleconference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

Nov 27, 2006, 4:50 PM

Clemson head football coach Tommy Bowden was available to the media by teleconference on Monday to discuss the the loss to South Carolina.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's right about Davis...You go with the most dependable...

Nov 27, 2006, 4:52 PM

RB and Davis leads the ACC in TDs by a large margin.

Davis had 11 carries and only 19yds to show for it all day.

Nov 27, 2006, 4:56 PM

It was obvious to a lot of people that Meriweather had the hot hand. He gained 23yds on just three carries on that last drive. That's almost 8yds per carry. He should have let Merriweather finish that drive. Bowden listened to his himself and not the crowd. Someday, he'll be sitting beside us in the stands.

Davis had 36 yds before the big run at Florida State

Nov 27, 2006, 5:03 PM

on 15 carries

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"This thing that I call living is just being satisfied knowing that I've got no one left to blame." Gordon Lightfoot

Funny, earlier this year Bowden said that he would go with

Nov 27, 2006, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Davis had 11 carries and only 19yds to show for it all day. ]

whichever player was hottest at the time when asked how he would balance the carries between the 3 main RBs. I wonder why his philosophy changed.

Wish he'd done that at BC !***

Nov 27, 2006, 4:58 PM [ in reply to He's right about Davis...You go with the most dependable... ]

I disagree

Nov 27, 2006, 4:58 PM [ in reply to He's right about Davis...You go with the most dependable... ]

Davis has not been himself the last few games. Wasn't having a great day saturday. Why bring Reggie in only to take him out. The attitude and production was there. I think he deserved the chance as a senior and as someone who had several strong carries in that drive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I disagree

Nov 27, 2006, 6:23 PM

It could have been a story book ending for Reggie!!!!!

Nov 29, 2006, 7:53 AM [ in reply to I disagree ]

i AGREE WITH YOU REGIE CAME IN AND POSTED 3 GOOD RUNS IN A ROW, JUST TO BE PULLED. I HONESTLY BELIEVE HAD HE LEFT HIM IN I THINK WE WOULD HAVE WON THE GAME

Nov 29, 2006, 5:32 PM [ in reply to I disagree ]

Amen to that! Could have been a story book finish with Reggie going in for the winner - Instead we lay a big fat
cow patty - Thanks TB

Nov 29, 2006, 5:32 PM [ in reply to I disagree ]

Amen to that! Could have been a story book finish with Reggie going in for the winner - Instead we lay a big fat
cow patty - Thanks TB

NO, you go with what works that happened to be Reggie not JD***

Re: NO, you go with what works that happened to be Reggie not JD***

Nov 27, 2006, 5:02 PM

Agree, at that time and based on JD's performance that day and Reggie's performance at that time.

Re: NO, you go with what works that happened to be Reggie not JD***

Nov 28, 2006, 10:56 AM [ in reply to NO, you go with what works that happened to be Reggie not JD*** ]

YOU'RE RIGHT,
I DON'T KNOW WHAT BOWDEN HAPPEN TO HAVE AGAINST REGGIE
LAST GAME AT HOME WITH A TOUCH DOWN. I THINK LARRY COKER WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT COACH FOR CLEMSON TIGERS.

WOW!! Some straight answers for a change! Thanks TB!***

Nov 27, 2006, 4:52 PM

Re: WOW!! Some straight answers for a change! Thanks TB!***

Nov 27, 2006, 5:00 PM

What is so straight?

Check your meter! ;)***

Nov 27, 2006, 5:26 PM

Re: Tommy Bowden Monday Teleconference

Nov 27, 2006, 4:54 PM

- The play called required a fake and then a throw. Had Will recognized the coverage, he was to abort the fake and throw it over the head of a receiver for an incompletion.

Not even going to say it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

wow, I like what he had to say mostly except for

Nov 27, 2006, 4:56 PM

putting J. Davis in. He's a great running back but he'll be here for atleast 1 more maybe 2 more years.

I think you have to go with Reggie.

Re: wow, I like what he had to say mostly except for

Nov 27, 2006, 5:02 PM

There is a lot of "I think" in those statements, he either should believe or know. He is the head coach, or so pretends.

"NEVER CONSIDERED CHALLENGING?!?!?!?"

Nov 27, 2006, 4:58 PM

I tell you, I just don't get it. Every single person where I was sitting was yelling at the top of their lungs to challenge the call and our head coach didn't even think about it. Stunning.

It's bad enough that he didn't consider it

but it's even worse that he's dumb enough to admit it!!!!

You would lie in that situation I supose?***

Nov 27, 2006, 5:07 PM

If you don't at least consider it, I question whether you

Nov 27, 2006, 5:01 PM [ in reply to "NEVER CONSIDERED CHALLENGING?!?!?!?" ]

really wanted to win the game. I mean Tommy did not think even for a second about whether to challenge?

Yeah, that's what it means exactly. It couldn't possibly

Nov 28, 2006, 9:53 AM

mean he thought about it and then decided there was no way it was going to be overturned. Go ahead and waste your coaches challenge, so fans have nothing to complain about.

Thinking about it and then deciding not to would be

Dec 1, 2006, 2:06 PM

considering it. You can't decide NOT to do something without first CONSIDERING whether you should do it.

just curious, do we have someone in a booth watchin

Nov 27, 2006, 5:07 PM [ in reply to "NEVER CONSIDERED CHALLENGING?!?!?!?" ]

film tellin TB when to challenge like in the pros? It might not be a bad idea...

Re: just curious, do we have someone in a booth watchin

Nov 27, 2006, 5:16 PM

How about use that big screen in our new facilities.

Maybe they could also watch for when we have just 10 men on

Nov 27, 2006, 5:35 PM [ in reply to just curious, do we have someone in a booth watchin ]

the field. I know that would help!

The commentators on Saturday said that coaches were not

Nov 27, 2006, 5:35 PM [ in reply to just curious, do we have someone in a booth watchin ]

allowed to see the replays that the officials use in college.

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

THAT STATEMENT IS INCORRECT! CTB DID NOT SAY...

Nov 27, 2006, 5:27 PM [ in reply to "NEVER CONSIDERED CHALLENGING?!?!?!?" ]

"He never considered it" Read the entire transcript or listen to the interview. Come on Tigernet! How could you print that!?

Q: Did you ever consider challenging the placement?

Nov 27, 2006, 6:24 PM

A: No, I did not.

Interpretation: "I did not consider challenging the placement of the ball".

Re: Q: Did you ever consider challenging the placement?

Nov 27, 2006, 7:25 PM

90 is correct. LISTEN TO THE TAPE before you judge.

He says he didn't think it would be overturned, that's why he didn't challenge...........So many experts.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That from an overpayed, arrogant, picture of mediocrity***

Nov 27, 2006, 6:27 PM [ in reply to "NEVER CONSIDERED CHALLENGING?!?!?!?" ]

Re: That from an overpayed, arrogant, picture of mediocrity***

Nov 29, 2006, 5:28 PM

Never concidered challenging ????? If not then WHEN ???
Absolutely UNBELIEVEABLE !!!!!!!

Tommy.....what an inspiring guy!***

So what does this all mean?

Nov 27, 2006, 5:30 PM

Tommy's job is to COACH. Coaching involves making decisions to help your team win. Let's see, not asking for a review...horrible decision...does that help us win, ummm NO.

Not putting Reggie in...I understand where he's coming from, but Reggie had the hot hand.
So let's say he did leave Merriweather in and he didn't get it. Would people be questioning that decision?...I wouldn't be. Reggie is a senior in his last game, he was on fire, the fans were chanting his name, he has proven to be a game changer in the past.

Nov 27, 2006, 5:34 PM

Bowden knew he was going to lose from the opening minute. Did anyone else notice the scared look on his face?

Nov 27, 2006, 5:34 PM

if T B still makes decisions like he did Sat ; he will be in the stands with his brother Jeff ; Reggie was making yardage ;bonehead call taking him out

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2006, 5:51 PM

I think Tommy has done a great job getthing the horses (Spiller, Davis, Adams, Coleman, Stuckey, etc). I have a lot of friends that went to other ACC schools that can't believe that we didn't win the ACC this year. We by far had the best talent this year....so I say this; Bowden has done a tremdous job at getting the players, but I think day of game strategy is lacking big time. So unfortunately I think we are in a tough spot. During recruiting we have Bobby and during the game we have Jeff. Just look at what Jim Grobe does with Wake, what would he do with Spiller and Davis???

BARF! DIDN'T CONSIDER CHALLENGING EVEN THOUGH

Nov 27, 2006, 6:20 PM

HE KNEW IT WAS A BAD SPOT!!! I WISH HE HAD NOT REVEALED THAT!!! THAT PLAY WAS THE GAME!!!

Re: BARF! DIDN'T CONSIDER CHALLENGING EVEN THOUGH

Nov 27, 2006, 6:24 PM

It wasn't the Game but it could've been!!!!!!!

Re: smoke & mirrors

Nov 27, 2006, 7:21 PM

Tired of the smoke and mirror tammy

Play of the game

Nov 27, 2006, 7:35 PM

The play of the game, which most have forgotten, was the first play of the 2nd qtr when USC had 3rd and 5 from our 8 yard line. We had pinned them deep with the great punt and great coverage. If we had stoped them we would have gotten the ball back in great field position. Instead they went on to a 96 yard scoring drive. That, my friends, was the game in a nutshell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

even if you dont like him son, give him the respect of

Dec 2, 2006, 12:53 AM [ in reply to Re: smoke & mirrors ]

calling him by his name or call him Coach. you lose credibility when you act like a child.

Nov 27, 2006, 9:09 PM

Fire Bowden. Hire a coach who can coach with confidence and under pressure.

He doesn't seem to0 upset. Oh yea, $1.4m/y and buyout clause

Nov 27, 2006, 10:51 PM

who would be. Fire this guy puhlease

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nov 28, 2006, 8:39 AM

How any Tiger fan can read this type of stuff anymore and not be incensed is beyond me. This is not a person who is bothered by losing! He knows what the definiton of a hot hand is because he has used it in the right context before! He is insulting you as a Clemson fan to believe his stupid comments. Why not challenge a fourth down spot? I have never heard any coach say the things he does and we buy it year in and year out. He can sit with the fans...he should be sitting with the fans!

When were u going to ask for a challenge...NEXT YEAR????***

Nov 28, 2006, 9:47 AM

If I read correctly, coaches cannot challenge the spot.

Nov 28, 2006, 3:18 PM

It was posted earlier in TAC.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't realize we had so many NCAA D-!A coaches here

Nov 28, 2006, 9:51 AM

We never need to worry about hiring a new coach, just go to Tigernet!

Re: I didn't realize we had so many NCAA D-!A coaches here

Nov 28, 2006, 12:50 PM

Believe me if I had been the coach we would have won. If the majority of the people on here were the coach we would have won. Everyone watching that game knew they did not convert the fourth down. Everyone including all of the gamecocks I was watching the game with. All he had to do was challenge and it’s a different game. Granted our D played like crap but we should have won. FIRE TOMMY!!!! I am sick of him and his attitude. He is OK with losing and that sucks. We deserve better. If 80,000 people think it’s a good idea to leave in the guy who is getting the job done then I think you consider it. He is so stupid that he pulled him out just to "not listen to the fans if you don’t want to be sitting with them." I am done with him. I hope you are reading this Tommy, resign please. You are not getting the job done and you are pretty much an idiot.

Nov 29, 2006, 11:23 PM

when its all said and done youve got to give TB credit. At least we are consistantly winning 8 or more games. Its only a matter of time before the tigers take the prize. And dont forget about the injuries weve suffered this year. Not to mention that our offense and defense has been nationally ranked on a consistant basis. Oh yeah, and not to mention that our two best players our a sophmore and a freshman. TB is has the tigers on the right track and we as fans should be proud of the accomplishments this team has made. The players deserve at least that! A great coach once said that to win you need three things. 1. Good players 2.Good coaching 3.Unity We as fans have no control over 1 or 2 but we do have some affect on Unity. If as a fan you start pointing fingers when things go wrong, you actually do more harm than good. I personally feel that this team has some special players who have yet to showcase their full potential. So hang in there tiger fans great things are on the horizon and I firmly belief it.
Oh and dont forget that this was first time that the chickens have in Death Valley in 10 yrs. And the first time that TB has lost to them in the Valley. And only the second time that TB has lost to them. As much as we would all love to just whip the chickens year in and year out sometimes your biggest rival does win a game. Lets be positive reinforcments not demolishonists. This house is way to young and way to strong to tear down yet!

Dec 1, 2006, 2:50 AM

Tommy and crew have had the same game plan, ran the same plays and in just about the same sequence for the last 4 games. A good high school football team could have won Saturday.
Tommy Bowden and Brad Scott together can't even spell FOOTBALL. Tommy is surviving from his fathers reputation and Brad is a token for Bobby. Fire them before they squander the talent that is left.

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic