Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today was a great day to wear the Clemson hat...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,243

Today was a great day to wear the Clemson hat...

Jul 30, 2017, 3:29 PM

At the grocery store (in Mt. Laurel, NJ - not exactly the bastion of college football). And who do I pass in the first aisle? An older gent wearing a USCJr hat. We exchanged no words but my smug smile was enough to make him out his head down and push his cart past me. And then about 15 minutes later... a guy in an Ohio St. hat (with matching shirt) who almost started to say something but probably couldn't muster it. Smiled again and nodded. Head is high for 2017 my friends!!

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmm. Glad that made your day, but maybe

Jul 31, 2017, 12:25 AM

Mt Laurel is just a sports town. Or maybe a college basketball town. It's not about college football bud. I'm as proud as any that we took the natty in football. But there's a lot of reasons to want more from our athletic dept. Or, maybe he was an OSU grad but loves the NY Jets. Enjoy the ride, but others can be happy in life and with their sports teams achievements. Just a thought. This time of year seems to bring out the schadenfreude

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hmmm. Glad that made your day, but maybe

Jul 31, 2017, 6:04 AM

Or maybe you want more out of your athletic department & just can't stand the fact that it's owned by Clemson. I smell chicken here.

Smoked chikken.***

Jul 31, 2017, 8:13 AM

After 35 years of waiting, I feel more like this.***

Jul 31, 2017, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Hmmm. Glad that made your day, but maybe ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

What is this "our" business, Mr. 73%?***

Jul 31, 2017, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Hmmm. Glad that made your day, but maybe ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

So brave.***

Jul 31, 2017, 8:25 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I spent the weekend in Birmingham

Jul 31, 2017, 9:01 AM

Everyone wears their Bama gear. I was sporting my National Championship Clemson hat. Without exception everyone that said something to me was congratulatory.

On the way home in Georgia, some dawg fan had something to say. I just smiled.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Today was a great day to wear the Clemson hat...

Jul 31, 2017, 9:31 AM

Ahh, another made up story in tigernet. There is no chance that you are in NJ wearing a Clemson hat and just so happened to come across a coot and a buckeye fan. Get real man, you didn't play on the field and neither did they. No one feels like less of a man because some guy in a Clemson had smugly smiled at them. And if you did try and act like that, the Ohio state fan would probably say "welcome to the elite of cfb. We've been waiting on a new team for a while to join the club". Fortunately no one is as douchey as you are describing yourself to be and this story is totally made up.

Wow!?! I was trying to be somewhat cordial to the dude, but

Jul 31, 2017, 10:28 AM

you went full on "stop the lies" on him. After thinking it over more, I've decided that if it makes him feel better, then carry on my friend.

Jul 31, 2017, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Today was a great day to wear the Clemson hat... ]

How is it unlikely? Nobody goes to state schools in that state, all the NJ high school kids go to school all over. It was probably parents of kids that go to those schools, or alumni that moved away. It is actually very likely he saw people wearing both of those teams' gear. I live in New England and saw a Buckeye fan with stickers all over his car in New Hampshire last week, of all places. Fans are all over.

Jul 31, 2017, 11:04 AM

It's just nearly impossible that he saw two fans of the two schools that get bash the most on Tnet in a freaking NJ grocery store. Seems like I read way too many cheesy stories about people having run-ins with other fans on here. Like the one the other day someone posted about the Kent state fan at the concert. I called that dude out too. Just wear your clothes, be proud, and cheer hard for the Tigers. No need to have an inferiority complex and try to assert dominance on others. Makes tiger nation look petty. But again, the fortunate part is that these are made up stories.

Jul 31, 2017, 12:20 PM

No it really happened, and I appreciate the cosmic ridiculousness of it all - hence, why I bothered posting in the first place. Do you think I would post about my grocery adventures otherwise?? Come on man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^THIS^^^ stay classy folks. We're THERE and we've been

Jul 31, 2017, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Today was a great day to wear the Clemson hat... ]

THERE before. Time to act like it. OSU has never beaten us in the sport of football.NEVER. Beating Scar in football is not noteworthy. Live a happy life. That's the best example for others.

Jul 31, 2017, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Today was a great day to wear the Clemson hat... ]

"No need to have an inferiority complex and try to assert dominance on others."

You just describe 90% of sports fans. Most live vicariously through sporting teams even thought they have very little or nothing at all to do with the outcome of said sporting team.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 31, 2017, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Today was a great day to wear the Clemson hat... ]

I met a woman who was a Clemson alumna at a Chickfila in Massachusetts at lunch one day and met a guy two days later who saw my ring and told me that his nephew was a junior at Clemson. In New England... where there's about 2000 or so alumni in a region of 15+ million people.

New Jersey and New York have one of the highest out of state enrollments at Clemson and South Carolina both and Ohio State has one of the biggest alumni bases in the entire country.

It really isn't that insane. It's not like seeing a South Carolina State fan and a Troy fan in Wyoming or something. But we can agree to disagree since you think this is a totally impossible scenario.

Jul 31, 2017, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Today was a great day to wear the Clemson hat... ]

It's just nearly impossible that he saw two fans of the two schools that get bash the most on Tnet in a freaking NJ grocery store. Seems like I read way too many cheesy stories about people having run-ins with other fans on here. Like the one the other day someone posted about the Kent state fan at the concert. I called that dude out too. Just wear your clothes, be proud, and cheer hard for the Tigers. No need to have an inferiority complex and try to assert dominance on others. Makes tiger nation look petty. But again, the fortunate part is that these are made up stories.

Jul 31, 2017, 11:08 AM

I also live in n.j. and constantly see osu and s.c. hats/tees being worn. At the grocery store,I especially like it when I walk up to my truck and see the large tiger paw on the rear windshield parked next to another car littered with coot stickers..Jersey is a hotbed of football, both pro and college..Why the hate?

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,243
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic