Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today I gave up my Panther fandom
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Today I gave up my Panther fandom

Jun 10, 2020, 6:55 PM

It’s been waining the past few years. With Clemson so good the time Sunday trolled around my football addiction ha been appeased.

As a Concord,NC native I enjoyed having a team in the Carolinas and became a big fan as neither of my parents went to college.

Jeff Tepper is the most liberal owner in the NFL. It is very much known.To move Jerry Richardsons statue was the last straw.

Do not fool yourself this team will be our if Charlotte in 10 years. He wants a massive retractable roof stadium in Fort Mill and I don’t think he will get it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Today I gave up my Panther fandom

Jun 10, 2020, 7:02 PM

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2020, 7:04 PM

Oh. He’ll get it. Super Bowl and CFP Championship games will come.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dropped them as soon as Yepper became the owner

Jun 10, 2020, 7:11 PM

but really stopped watching the NFL when the kneeling started. I could not tell you who even won the Superbowl last year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I dropped them as soon as Yepper became the owner

Jun 10, 2020, 7:14 PM

Here Here, same here??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Panthers? Yawn.

Jun 10, 2020, 7:31 PM

I live less 3 miles from the stadium in Charlotte. I've been to one game Panther game in my life. I suppose I should formally let everyone know I am not now and have never been a Panther's fan.

Ok. So now you know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2020, 9:09 PM [ in reply to I dropped them as soon as Yepper became the owner ]

Kansas City beat SF in a very good game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 3:54 AM [ in reply to I dropped them as soon as Yepper became the owner ]

It takes some intellect to understand that the kneeling was not about disrespecting the flag. It's like trying to make a child understand something.

Jun 10, 2020, 7:12 PM

Threw out my panther gear! Pathetic.

Jun 10, 2020, 7:59 PM

We had season tickets the first year they played at Clemson. I was a big fan until they drafted Scam Newton. I quit being a fan that day!

Jun 10, 2020, 8:09 PM

Cam took many perfectly good fans and sent them to the portals.....his talent level has now took him where he belongs.

I enjoyed them until they drafted Scam. Such a pouter when

Jun 10, 2020, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Today I gave up my Panther fandom ]

things weren't going well. NOT a leader in that respect. Really like watching Kuechly play linebacker though. Still can't believe Scam started dressing like Minnie Pearl.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow—I understand that this country is divided....

Jun 10, 2020, 8:25 PM

But this guy was one of the worst owners in the NFL

He used the people of NC and SC to build his stadium with the BS “permanent “ seat license that basically has no value . Also benefited from massive tax breaks and basically held the people up for 100 million a couple years ago to install escalators.

Was the face of the owners during the last work stoppage as they tried to exploit the players while making record profits and becoming the most powerful sports league.

Stalked and harassed female employees, while always playing up to the public how “classy” his organization was.

Meddled in personnel decisions— can anyone explain his neighbors kid having a job as a wide receiver for 7 years? What about all those bad contracts that were given out after the last lockout? Then he fired the guy he forced to give out those contracts.

Treated his players like a modern day slave owner— are you forgetting him asking Cam Newton “boy, are you going to get any tattoos?”

Negotiating to keep his statue up as a part of the team sale— the sign of the ultimate narcissist.

I know this will cost Tepper a bunch of money, but I think it’s well spent

Re: Wow—I understand that this country is divided....

Jun 10, 2020, 9:02 PM

You have your liberal blinders on pretty heavy tonight.

You just described about half the owners in every sport. How did he treat the players like slaves. By giving them bad contracts that paid them too much for too little production? Come to think of it, I have read alot of stories about slaves signing 10 million dollar 2 year contracts.

Tepper is a liberal sleeze bag who fits right in with that crap hole Democrat led city

ok, but even if you take away the #metoo and

Jun 10, 2020, 10:37 PM

#blacklivesmatter, just from the football side he’s still a terrible owner.

He ran a bottom tier franchise that couldn’t string together 2 winning seasons.
The team was notorious for not paying their scouting department for years.
They rarely make personnel decisions that make sense.
Jerry’s favorite player was Steve Smith, who was a great receiver, but probably one of the worst teammates off all time.
Made taking your shirt off in “his” stadium a crime

I’m not saying he’s 100% responsible for all this, but under his ownership things tended not to get better. It took lightning in a bottle to get to the two Super Bowls and the team couldn’t capitalize on the runs. He liked being an owner, but hated being questioned for the teams lack of success. He almost never spoke to the media, and acted like he was above his customers.

Also— after making 2 billion dollars of the sale of the team, he should have paid back everyone who “invested” in a PSL.

Just because he has South Carolina ties doesn’t make him a saint.

Re: Wow—I understand that this country is divided....

Jun 11, 2020, 3:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Wow—I understand that this country is divided.... ]

I'm starting to think there are a lot of CLemson fans that are racist. I hope they arn't alumni.

David Tepper...

Jun 10, 2020, 8:41 PM

Will not miss you. Not sure how much a fan you were anyway mentioning Jeff Tepper.

Jun 10, 2020, 8:51 PM

Don't really care about the statue but it's a good time to stop being a fan since it seems like most of the key players of the last few years are now done. People who think Tepper is going to be some huge improvement will most likely be in for a disappointment. He may be better than Richardson at virtual signalling but many of his football moves thus far have been pretty questionable.

Jun 10, 2020, 8:56 PM

Think you meant David.......Tepper and Jerry Richardson both suck IMO......never liked the Panthers and hope they lose every frigging game......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Jun 10, 2020, 9:24 PM

Jerry Richardson had it written in the contract of the sale of the team that the statue had to stay. Will be interesting to see how that plays out

Jun 10, 2020, 9:56 PM

This is the epitome of a brittle spirit. If losing a fugly statue of a jackleg owner gets you so twisted, then we probably don’t need ya anyway. I know I know it’s about the principle. That’s the lame excuse people always use when they’re irrationally triggered by some irrelevant act that has absolutely no bearing on their actual everyday lives.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic