Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today I Joined the 97 Year Old Seniors Club.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Today I Joined the 97 Year Old Seniors Club.

Nov 25, 2018, 4:53 PM

Well, old Joe21 is celebrating Number 97 today and I really don't know how to act or what to do. This is an entirely different situation for me because I've never been 97 before and can't find a book of instructions. Perhaps some of you real old dudes can pass along some dos and dont's to help guide me through this difficult phase of my life.

Someone once said when we get older we do less thinking and do more pondering. I've come to believe the difference between the two is somewhat like driving an automobile. When we think, the gear is in "Drive" and when we ponder, the gear is in "Reverse".

Have you ever looked back over your life and wondered, "what if"? Have you ever had regrets? Has your life been filled with happiness? The questions can be endless, but if we dwell too much on the "what ifs" we will miss out on what we now have and what's in store for our future. We can't change the past but we can adapt and embrace the future.

Each one of us has probably been asked at some point during our life, "how are you". A response at times can open up a can of unwanted worms. One day when asked that question, without thinking, I blurted out, "I haven't, had a bad day in my life", and then added, "but some days weren't as good as others. Experiencing sadness and disappointments on many occasions, I realized those events are part of life we have to deal with on a daily basis. We gain strength and develop a positive attitude when we focus on those things over which we have control.

We witness so much hate in our every-day lives it has become a cancer of our soul. hate and carrying a grudge affects only those of us who fail to see that we are our own victims.

For me, every day is Thanksgiving. I don't know to what I can attribute my longevity. It could be inherited genes. It could be luck and maybe GOD decided he wanted me to hang around for a long time so I can pester you gals and guys on TigerNet. Whatever the reason, I am truly thankful.

I've never had a major illness or injury, served during two wars and cam home virtually unscathed, had a princess as my wife, a wonderful family, a host of friends and fortunate enough to outlive any enemies I may have made. And to those who though of ma as an enemy, I hope they will accept my sincere apology.

I hope that each one of you can be fortunate enough to live to the ripe old age of 97, not as an invalid, but as a person enjoying both physical and mental good health. But, take a good long look in the mirror, statistics show less than one percent of you, will reach this age. So, I would suggest you enjoy life to the fullest, never fail to tell those you love that you love them and count your blessings daily.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Today I Joined the 97 Year Old Seniors Club.

Nov 25, 2018, 4:57 PM

Happy Birthday Joe and thanks for that wonderful post.

God Bless My Friend

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Birthday Joe21!!!

Nov 25, 2018, 4:58 PM

May you have many more!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take it all in Joe

You only have a day to enjoy it. Of course the residuals last 12 months

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

happr birthday Joe!

And thank you for the wise words.

Nov 25, 2018, 4:59 PM

Happy Birthday Joe!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 5:00 PM

My father in law is 94 and like you he is sharp as a tac

Nov 25, 2018, 5:03 PM

I’m a senior club member myself but confess that I’m a junior member compared with you. Nevertheless, I agree with what you say. I try to make everyday the best one yet.... but sometimes I fail! Nothing,nothing is greater than the life you are given and you need to use it to its fullest every single day. If you don’t, you ar

Nov 25, 2018, 5:07 PM

Are cheating yourself . Consuming yourself with hate and misery is no way to live. Every day is precious and I salute you Joe. You obviously live it to the max.

Saturday was a great day to be a Tiger and hopefully we will see a lot more.

Nov 25, 2018, 5:09 PM

Happy Birthday Joe. Thanks fo another fine post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Birthday!***

Nov 25, 2018, 5:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nov 25, 2018, 5:12 PM

Happy Birthday Joe! I hope that you have many, many more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 5:14 PM

Happy Birthday, Joe! I always enjoy your posts. You seem like a fine gentleman. Your words of wisdom are so true. Here's to joining the 98 year old senior club next year!

Wow! Happy Birthday, youngster!***

Nov 25, 2018, 5:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Happy Birthday Joe!!

Nov 25, 2018, 5:18 PM

Thank you for your service and all your positive words. I enjoy them all.

May God continue to bless you.

Nov 25, 2018, 5:38 PM

Happy Birthday Joe! Hope you have many more healthy birthdays. I enjoy you post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy birthday Joe!

Nov 25, 2018, 5:40 PM

And you can attribute your longevity to the fact that God's not through with you yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Wishing you a very happy Birthday, Sir!

Nov 25, 2018, 5:50 PM

And many more!

Happy Birthday, Joe

Nov 25, 2018, 6:29 PM

God bless you

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 25, 2018, 7:09 PM

Hope you have a great birthday Joe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 7:10 PM

Awesome!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 7:12 PM

Great perspective sir!! Thanks for sharing your wisdom. Happy Birthday!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 7:27 PM

Congrats on being a 1%er

Happy Birthday Joe!

Nov 25, 2018, 8:10 PM

Post of the Decade!!! Thanks for sharing your unique wisdom with us on a regular basis! God Bless You!!!

Nov 25, 2018, 8:07 PM

Happy Birthday Joe.

1. Maybe you are God and that's why you just keep going.

2. I was kind of mad at someone who recently totaled my car. I will try to have a better attitude. It's been eating at me for a week. It's out of my control now.

3. Reminder to watch the drinking as I age. Thanks for the reality check.

4. Look forward to your 98th Bday post. I hope it's as good. I really enjoyed this 97th B-day post

I forgot to ask. Last year you were still driving. Are you still driving?.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Nov 25, 2018, 8:27 PM

Happy Birthday, Joe!! Great post - enjoy all of your posts and wonderful perspective on life!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Nov 25, 2018, 8:33 PM

Congrats on achieving another notable birthday and hope it has been a great day. To have good mental and physical health at that age is truly remarkable. Very few are able to experience it. My father lived to within 57 days of his 95th year and was in reasonably good health until the last four months. His brother was 96 and also was healthy for most of his life. They grew up in meager conditions in western NC and were always active hard workers. Possibly that steeled their constitutions. Obviously it remains to be seen if I'll have their good fortune, but don't want to have it if outliving the kids or lengthy bad health is a result. Always enjoy reading your posts especially regarding your WWII experiences. Best wishes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Nov 25, 2018, 8:50 PM

Joe21® said:

Well, old Joe21 is celebrating Number 97 today and I really don't know how to act or what to do. This is an entirely different situation for me because I've never been 97 before and can't find a book of instructions. Perhaps some of you real old dudes can pass along some dos and dont's to help guide me through this difficult phase of my life.

Someone once said when we get older we do less thinking and do more pondering. I've come to believe the difference between the two is somewhat like driving an automobile. When we think, the gear is in "Drive" and when we ponder, the gear is in "Reverse".

Have you ever looked back over your life and wondered, "what if"? Have you ever had regrets? Has your life been filled with happiness? The questions can be endless, but if we dwell too much on the "what ifs" we will miss out on what we now have and what's in store for our future. We can't change the past but we can adapt and embrace the future.

Each one of us has probably been asked at some point during our life, "how are you". A response at times can open up a can of unwanted worms. One day when asked that question, without thinking, I blurted out, "I haven't, had a bad day in my life", and then added, "but some days weren't as good as others. Experiencing sadness and disappointments on many occasions, I realized those events are part of life we have to deal with on a daily basis. We gain strength and develop a positive attitude when we focus on those things over which we have control.

We witness so much hate in our every-day lives it has become a cancer of our soul. hate and carrying a grudge affects only those of us who fail to see that we are our own victims.

For me, every day is Thanksgiving. I don't know to what I can attribute my longevity. It could be inherited genes. It could be luck and maybe GOD decided he wanted me to hang around for a long time so I can pester you gals and guys on TigerNet. Whatever the reason, I am truly thankful.

I've never had a major illness or injury, served during two wars and cam home virtually unscathed, had a princess as my wife, a wonderful family, a host of friends and fortunate enough to outlive any enemies I may have made. And to those who though of ma as an enemy, I hope they will accept my sincere apology.

I hope that each one of you can be fortunate enough to live to the ripe old age of 97, not as an invalid, but as a person enjoying both physical and mental good health. But, take a good long look in the mirror, statistics show less than one percent of you, will reach this age. So, I would suggest you enjoy life to the fullest, never fail to tell those you love that you love them and count your blessings daily.

Happy birthday!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOE!!

Nov 25, 2018, 10:07 PM

Thank you for the beautiful sentiments that sadly seem to get lost in day to day life.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy birthday Joe. Book your 100th today!!!***

Nov 25, 2018, 10:10 PM

hb!***

Nov 25, 2018, 10:10 PM

Re: hb!***

Nov 25, 2018, 10:32 PM

Congratulations and happy birthday! My dad hit 94 Friday, graduated from Clemson College in '47. Y'all might have crossed paths sometime.

Happy Birthday and continued Best Wishes!***

Nov 25, 2018, 11:02 PM

Nov 25, 2018, 11:04 PM

Happy Birthday Joe !
??

DB23

Nov 25, 2018, 11:39 PM

Happy birthday Joe! Hope it was blessed.

Nov 26, 2018, 2:21 AM

Congrats Joe, Happy B day, and good for you!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, Joe, from us who know neither the Day nor the Hour...

Nov 26, 2018, 3:11 AM

Happy Freakin' Birthday!

And that's from a "youngster" who just joined the Medicare Club about six weeks ago. We are all just happy to see another sunrise and do the Lord's work, even if that work is to rattle the chains here on TigerNet!

So, enjoy your days, and GOD BLESS YOU!

Go, Tigers! BYOG!

Happy Birthday and much love to you my friend!***

Nov 26, 2018, 3:25 AM

null

Nov 26, 2018, 8:08 AM

Great post Joe and Happy Birthday!

Nov 26, 2018, 9:02 AM

Happy Birthday Joe21. I really enjoy reading your post. Hope today is a special day for you.

Nov 26, 2018, 9:31 AM

Joe:

Happy Birthday! You are indeed an incredible man ... not because you have made it 97 years, but because of the level headedness and sensibility that you bring to this board, and the example you have set for so many others. Your wife was a very lucky lady as well as your children and they were blessed to be raised by a gentleman of your character. You are everything a Clemson man should be. Congratulations and best wishes for many more years on this big round ball!

HB!! Impressed you know the internet. My 65yr dad has issues***

Nov 26, 2018, 9:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe, I hope young folks can learn...

Nov 26, 2018, 12:14 PM

...to be the gentleman you are.

You are an inspiration.

Happy Birthday!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 12:16 PM

Happy Birthday and many more

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 12:24 PM

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Nov 26, 2018, 12:34 PM

Happy Birthday Mr Joe!!!

You and my dad are like E.F. Hutton, when you speak (or write), I listen.

Thanks for keeping our “sails” set on course, for taking the time to impart wisdom and for your service to our blessed country!!!

Let us all enjoy another year of living under God’s Grace and engulfed by Tiger Lore!

I'd say don't trust a fart but you figured that out long ago

Nov 26, 2018, 3:02 PM

I'll just say don't chase young women because there's always the danger you might catch one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 3:42 PM

Happy birthday to you Joe! May the Lord give you many more blessed years! Always enjoy reading your posts - thank you for your insights and thoughts.

The 97 Year Old Seniors Club is indeed fortunate

Nov 26, 2018, 8:03 PM

to have you as a member today. Just got through reading your post and I indeed needed the wisdom it gave me. Most of y'all know what Sandy and I are going through and Joe, this post is the best thing that happened to me today and there is so much wisdom and plain old common sense there for all of us.

Happy Birthday, My Friend, and many more.

Ron W., 71PR

Nov 26, 2018, 8:05 PM

grats'

Re: Awesome post Joe21! Happy BD!!!! I can only hope I live

Nov 26, 2018, 9:23 PM

As you so eloquently wrote. There is not one thing I could disagree with. Your wisdom is much appreciated for a young lad (compared to you) of 58. I hope the good Lord continues to bless you and us with your presence on this board! Thank you!

Go Tigers!

Okie Tiger

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness is past.

Re: Awesome post Joe21! Happy BD!!!! I can only hope I live

Nov 26, 2018, 9:47 PM

Thanks for the words of wisdom and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE21!!

Nov 26, 2018, 10:17 PM

Joe your message was so inspiring I read it to a class of outstanding high school students who when I had finished were in total silent awe of your tremendously wonderful expression of life! Thank you for such a powerful message.

You sir are a genuine, fine spirited gentleman and a credit to the generation you represent.

Go Tigers ??!!

Nov 26, 2018, 10:41 PM

Happy Birthday Joe and thank you for so many words of wisdom. In life nothing is guaranteed, make the most out of each day and make sure your loved ones know just how much they mean to you

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

TU #100 to you.***

Nov 26, 2018, 10:44 PM

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic