Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
serious question here: if you were a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,790

serious question here: if you were a

Oct 24, 2020, 11:03 PM

gamecock supporter (stay with me), would you not be at this point irate at the fans who still buy the tickets and come to the games? doesn't that seem stupid - just giving the program your money with no accountability attached? I can't imagine just being that indifferent about results!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: serious question here: if you were a

Oct 24, 2020, 11:05 PM

But then they would lose the crown of “Best Fans in the World” that they gave themselves back when they were 0-21.

They know how to support losers. They are very good at it. And very, very proud.

Someone has to be the losers. Why not them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 24, 2020, 11:11 PM

they had a couple decent years where they won a lot of games, but won nothing of consequence. This is what they have been and always will be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 11:14 PM

That was with one of the best College football coaches of all time. He could not win there can anyone?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no

Oct 25, 2020, 6:35 AM

nobody can win there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 11:20 PM

Listen to Todd Ellis, I have no idea how anyone would pull for them. He’s a mouthy jerk, who I can’t imagine anyone could appreciate. But he’s been the “voice” of the gamecocks for years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 11:25 PM

He wasn't good as their QB either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Toad Ellis was very good

Oct 24, 2020, 11:28 PM

at throwing interceptions. It ain’t easy throwing 73 of them. He really had to work at it.

Of course being a coot he wasn’t even the best at that, just #3 on the all-time college career INT list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Toad Ellis was very good

Oct 25, 2020, 6:16 AM

Speaking of Toad - are we still cycling out?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope.

Oct 24, 2020, 11:43 PM

I'm in the "I hope they lose every game camp, but I don't disparage their fans for showing up and supporting their team. If, God forbid, Clemson went through a stretch like the Gamecocks are now, I'd still be showing up at the games and supporting the team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Gamecock folks I have known over the years just

Oct 25, 2020, 5:40 AM

don't have the same expectations that we do.

That's because they don't know what it's like to be competitive repeatedly for conference or national titles. Even in a decent year, such as the one called Black Magic, the Chicken Curse reared its old, ugly head in the form of Navy to dowse out that fire. Then, they beat us five in a row, only to watch Dabo righten that ship, lay six on them which would have been seven had we played this year.

I've always thought the fans deserved better, because they have been loyal, but their lack of tradition in winning actually has given the administration a reprieve annually...the fans just haven't brought a fiery wrath upon the heads responsible for the mediocrity.

How many of us think Ray Tanner would still be at Clemson for the unholy mess involved in the hiring of Muschamp? Or for putting up with Muschamp this long? Heck, last night, he had absolutely no clue how to be competitive against LSU.

Some of these Gamecock fans are neighbors and close friends, and I understand why they keep supporting their program: they love Carolina like we love Clemson. And they're just not going to cast aside that love over a mediocre football program. My love for Clemson was ignited in the mid-sixties when I first arrived on campus, and our program was mediocre at best. We've had our own ups and downs over the years, and my devotion to my Alma Mater has remained steadfast. Hence, I understand the Gamecock fans, who return to Williams Brice week after week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 7:48 AM

I think their biggest issue is thinking they have to use coaches the rest of the SEC continues to use even though they have already failed at some other conference team. That and their history of giving coaches the hook so quick that they never get a chance to build a program. I mean the more I think of it they have never really had an identity as a program but to a certain degree that goes back to firing coaches too soon. I think the only way they build a decent program is to hire a young coach with a vision for the future and keep him for 20 years or so. Mushchamp isn't that guy. I'm not sure that the problems they have as a whole CAN be fixed

Oct 25, 2020, 7:52 AM

The more I think about it really the changes need to start with their board of trustees first and then go from there. Men. I'm not sure they can change.

We went to games when Hatfield and West were coach. Capons

Oct 25, 2020, 8:19 AM

can enjoy their football if they like. I mean there are lots of bottles that need to be thrown, right?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,790
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic