Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To those groaning about the offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

To those groaning about the offense

Sep 15, 2019, 5:00 PM

please stop

1. At the start of a new season it takes a few games to knock the rust off

2. Defense coordinators now have a year of tape on Trevor Lawrence

3. Scelliot change things up every year, it’s basically a brand new offense.

4. Our first three games were against some decent competition (Ga Tech, ehh)

5. It’s unreasonable to expect every time Lawrence flings to ball downfield it’s going to be a 50 yard completion.

6. Lawrence stares down his receivers too much and it’s leading to some picks, he’s got to fix this or it’s going to continue.

Our offense is going to be fine. I feel in November we’re going to be shredding defenses again this year, it will be ugly

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To those groaning about the offense

Sep 15, 2019, 5:08 PM

Yes to all, except #3.... there’s not much new to this offense. There are tweets for sure, but this isn’t brand new.

Sep 15, 2019, 5:31 PM

“Brand new” is a bit strong, But I think too many people are jumping the gun on the offense, it’s freaking September

Sep 15, 2019, 5:37 PM

And we're currently 13th in the country in total offense.

Re: I really hated that a nice TD play to Chalk

Sep 15, 2019, 5:47 PM

was erased by a penalty

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 6:39 PM

I know we start slow, but if we had played a really good team week one or two we could be out of the playoff picture already. On the other hand, it's so hard to tell if teams like LSU and OU are as good as their competition makes them look.

I just feel like when I see OU, LSU, Bama, etc. They look way ahead of us, and they lost just as many players. But it could be that I scrutinize every detail of our game, and just see their highlights....

Really I just like complain about being undefeated...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 9:22 PM

Would like to see Davis Allen worked more into the O. Seems more athletic than Chalk.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

What I’m focused on is how awesome the D has been.

Sep 15, 2019, 9:29 PM

Our offense has sputtered against the toughest (at least that’s what we’ve been told) part of the regular season, but still had some flashes of excellence. I have complete confidence that it will come together and in the meantime, the defense is way ahead of schedule.

Great times in Tigertown. The best, really.

null

Sep 15, 2019, 9:35 PM

Would love to see a little more creativity and design...utilizing the middle of the field instead of going to the alley oop every time we need chunks...but I’m sure there is some serious sand bagging going on right now

Sep 15, 2019, 9:39 PM

Agree with your points, especially number six. That one interception they bounced off our receivers’ hands, Trevor stared down that receiver entire time.

Also, I’m concerned by the number of 50-50 jump balls he’s throwing. Watched Joe Burrow in the LSU - Texas game and he was firing darts into narrow windows. Tua does the same. Looking forward to seeing Trevor step up and start getting more of a targeted pass attack rather just lobbing and up 50-50 balls.

Well, after reading the comments,

Sep 15, 2019, 9:43 PM

It's obvious Trevor needs to stick around for Year 4!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 9:46 PM

Cdixon11 Well said! "Most of" the starters back does not mean all of them. And even the ones we have back have to get back into the right grove. "Repetitions" is the only thing that will get them there.
When you play strong competition you have(people have) a tendency to raise your level of intensity. Same can be said for competition you should dominate. And is why a bunch of teams every year lose to teams they should beat! It's hard to put your mind in the right place.
These guys have been at the very height of college football and now you ask them to just go play "a game"! It's a mindset that even with all the great things our staff does - hard to combat! Specifically the fact you know your better than X-team or Y-team but "it's not the playoff or bowl game or NCG" yawn! A few games and I think some of the seniors who start looking ahead will simply takeover and get to the minds where even coaches can't. They will create a sense of urgency from within the locker room that would make you think "they have never won anything ever"! The focus will go up. The execution will go. The points will go up.
It's coming!

Great thing we have a championship caliber defense that can carry the team until the offense gets the right mind frame. I seem to recall the same thing in 2016 where early on the offense was stale and guys were not blocking well. WR's especially have to block well on some of the stuff we do. TL will get it right; he just needs to settle down and keep doing what he's doing. I like how he owns his mistakes and moves on!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic