Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To the "Fire Jack" crowd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

To the "Fire Jack" crowd

Apr 19, 2014, 1:42 PM

Did any of you whiners and complainers happen to notice that the final out of last night's game (a bullet to Jon McGibbon's glove side) probably would have resulted in a double and a 4-3 Clemson loss if Coach Leggett hadn't made the defensive substitution in the 11th?
I suggest you spend less time criticizing a Hall of Fame coach, and more time supporting the Tigers through good times and bad. The team deserves positive support, and we are lucky to have Jack Leggett as our coach.
Happy Easter!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To the "Fire Jack" crowd

Apr 19, 2014, 1:44 PM

Yea Jack is a real wizard in close games LOL

yea, disregard the record against sc

Apr 19, 2014, 1:50 PM

And other top 20 programs, the lack of conference championships and the fielding errors every big game .

To be honest, if that had gotten through, it would have tied

Apr 19, 2014, 1:56 PM

the game again. Doubt their guy on 1st would have made it
home or even tried. Surely we could have thrown him out
at the plate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2014, 2:03 PM

No one said he wasn't right about 20% of the time when game is on the line. It's the 80% time he's wrong that digs under the skin.

Apr 19, 2014, 2:17 PM

You mentioned only instance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2014, 2:25 PM

This #### serious?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Said the coot who wants to keep beating us***

Apr 19, 2014, 2:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2014, 2:40 PM

Come on man....he makes a good decision 5% of the time and you want to cantonize him?!!! What about all the times (too numerous to count) he leaves in a pitcher too long, gets a guy thrown out or can't have a guy bunt when the situation calls for it?!!! This was Pitt for heavens sake....maybe I would be more excited if he could win a MEANINGFUL series?!!! (SC, Virginia , NC State)

Apr 19, 2014, 2:53 PM

He left Moyer in last night rather than going to the closer Campbell. Moyer came through. If he hadn't, this board would have 100 posts about what an idiot Jack is. So, Jack made two decisions in the last inning, both of which worked.

Apr 19, 2014, 3:07 PM

Amen. I would have gone to the closer myself, but I don't have 900 college wins on my resume. I'm sure that most of these message board critics couldn't fill out a lineup card. My point is simply to be positive and supportive, or pull for somebody else. Jack has a long record of success, and he is gonna be here as long as he wants to be. Go Tigers!

So you're "positive" by calling out 60% of the board?***

Apr 20, 2014, 11:11 PM

He left Moyer in because Campbell isn't available

Apr 19, 2014, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: To the "Fire Jack" crowd ]

this weekend.

I would like for him to retire too,but his put out stealing

Apr 19, 2014, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: To the "Fire Jack" crowd ]

has gotten better,if he can learn from his mistakes there then why can't he learn about when pitchers start to labor,having said that,I understand we are short on pitchers this yr.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2014, 1:30 AM [ in reply to Re: To the "Fire Jack" crowd ]

> Come on man....he makes a good decision 5% of the
> time and you want to cantonize him?!!!

Cantonize him? Is that like taking him out for Cantonese food or something?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell me again why

Apr 19, 2014, 3:11 PM

Jack is a Hall of Fame coach and exactly why we are so lucky to have had him for the last 18 yrs.
I use to care but now I don't. We can fire him...keep him until he dies or make him University president...no problem.
We have been humiliated by USuC for many years in both football and baseball. I used to get upset about it but I finally realized the majority of the fans ,coaches and administration aren't concerned in the slightess as long as those dollars keep coming in.It's just the way it is and it ain't going to change any time soon.
I've mellowed out. I try to enjoy the wins and ignore the losses

Apr 19, 2014, 4:05 PM

Before you make your 3d post, look at our beautiful record. I think that we are about ready to take on the Atlanta Braves. But I hope that if we play the Braves, I hope they will cheat us to beat us. I would hate to lose Jack to the Major Leagues. He could end up in Toronto or some where like that....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did you defend bowden

Apr 19, 2014, 4:22 PM

i am not saying fire jack or keep jack but its seems to me you have the fire coach crowd or keep the coach crowd(no matter what) the answer is somewhere in the middle

Being "in the mix" at the end......

Apr 19, 2014, 10:36 PM

....of the year, EVERY year...is pretty dang awesome for any coach in any sport...not many of them out there.

Re: did you defend bowden

Apr 20, 2014, 1:21 AM [ in reply to did you defend bowden ]

If you go back and look at every post I've ever made, you won't see where I've cried to fire a coach but once. I honestly believe that for the good of out BB program, its past time for Jack to step down, or to be forced out. Our BB program has been one program that we could always hang our hat on when our other sports were bad. But we haven't been able to say that for the last few years!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: did you defend bowden

Apr 20, 2014, 11:32 AM [ in reply to did you defend bowden ]

#mediocre baseball

That's one way to look at it

Apr 20, 2014, 3:06 AM

The other way to look at it is why are we in a situation like that late in the game against a scrub program like Pitt. On paper we outclass Pitt in every way imaginable in baseball, why should it come down to something like you describe?

i talked to a few people last night off line.1 wants to keep

Apr 20, 2014, 5:53 AM

jack but get rid of pep, 2 wants to get rid of jack (and pep), we all want to keep lecroy.so, including myself, that's 4 people that ALL AGREE, there are at least some changes that need to be made . and yes,we have all played baseball.

Re: i talked to a few people last night off line.1 wants to keep

Apr 20, 2014, 7:39 AM

If you have never played Baseball, you wasn't raised in America, or you were the sissy of the sissies. Heck even all 3 of my sisters played pasture Baseball with us.

agreed !***

Apr 20, 2014, 10:06 AM

Apr 20, 2014, 11:30 AM

Pittsburgh.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic