Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To everyone knocking on the OL.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,142

To everyone knocking on the OL.

Sep 21, 2015, 10:45 AM

Everyone is acting like the OLis terrible. We had our starting center out (Norton), then Furg got hurt and Gmo. A 3deep stepped in whom I had never heard of, and Watson still only got sacked 1 time w I think 5 QB hurries!

Gallman ran for 130 yards and DW for over 50! On the road against a good front 7.

I'm not saying that they are great or do not need improvement but that was a gutsy performance considering the injuries and depth.

Domers will be a real test next game for sure.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To everyone knocking on the OL.

Sep 21, 2015, 10:47 AM

What about DW4 getting hit on every pass attempt that was 10 yards or more

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2015, 10:59 AM

No way was the OL play what we are looking for. The OL's at both ND and GT looked pretty solid, and better than ours, IMO. I want us to have a dominating OL, and maybe we are getting there, but it has been a slow ETA, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU's defense looked really good too. At least I don't

Sep 21, 2015, 11:23 AM

think BC's offense was that bad. But FSU always has a good defense. Our OL will definitely be challenged, but I think they are up to it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

BCs offense is terrible right now.***

Sep 21, 2015, 12:11 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

GT's OL couldn't block ND at all.

Sep 21, 2015, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: To everyone knocking on the OL. ]

They did squat.

ND OL is very good, though.

FSU's OL is garbage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you mean the two that scored touchdowns...

Sep 21, 2015, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: To everyone knocking on the OL. ]

or just the others?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you mean the two that scored touchdowns...

Sep 21, 2015, 11:28 AM

All of them and I know he got hit on the Renfrow throw. Leggett was a gimmicky play and he wasn't hit there. So he had 1 pick 1 TD on deep throws but had several other incomplete deep throws while being hit, one that would have been a 20yd gain to leggett. Crowder needs to get better in pass pro in a hurry whole Hyatt just needs to communicate more. Guillermo playing next to crowder isn't great either. In any case I think we just need to work on some sprint outs, run pass option plays, etc then open it up when there is a mismatch or in the second half. Tempo should help too

Re: Did you mean the two that scored touchdowns...

Sep 21, 2015, 11:30 AM

Sorry 1 pick and 2 TDs. I think Watson needs to learn to trust his receivers speed more and get it deeper rather than leaving it short. Williams was money on those but I like Scott, mcloud, Peake, Cain in the foot race. Tajh was very good at that post nuk.

Sep 21, 2015, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: To everyone knocking on the OL. ]

2.06 YPC in the redzone...

Sep 21, 2015, 12:03 PM

Or look at Yards after contact. Gman was a beast with not much help.

didn't know RBs should be untouched through the holes...***

Sep 21, 2015, 12:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: didn't know RBs should be untouched through the holes...***

Sep 21, 2015, 1:22 PM

Wayne was being hit in the backfield

The way he holds it, which is good...

Sep 21, 2015, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: To everyone knocking on the OL. ]

...you are going to get hit. Part of what makes him so good.

OL could be better, but they're much improved this year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

We have some fans who are objective about our team.

Sep 21, 2015, 11:02 AM

We also have some that think if they don't lash out after every game they can't feel good about themselves.

Typically, good teams play good defense early which causes even good offenses to struggle. Typically, both defense and offense get better each game. When teams give up lots of points and struggle to stop offenses early they usually have trouble winning throughout the season.

When teams score many points early it's typically because they are playing cupcake defenses. A good example of a cupcake defense is USuCk and what they gave up to UGAy.

I'll take our situation over either Bama's, LSU or Old Miss. The days of having to out run teams on the scoreboard ended two years ago. It's also consoling to know our offense needs little polish to make it shine.

I can't say I didn't love the deep pass but I'll take first downs, clock control and resting our defense any day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maverick Morris gonna kick your a$$ for not remembering him***

Sep 21, 2015, 12:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kudos to MM for stepping in during a game like that and playing well.***

Sep 21, 2015, 12:10 PM

Sep 21, 2015, 12:10 PM

I think it was their best performance of the year so far considering the competition and the injuries that hit us during the game. Maverick Morris our third team tackle came in and played like a starter. Our offensive line will be ridiculous good next year with all these young kids seeing significant snaps this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2015, 12:59 PM

Our OL is in bad shape right now especially at RG . Hopefully with the bye week we can get the OL ready for a good ND DL .

My response is over 200 yards rushing***

Sep 21, 2015, 1:30 PM

Re: My response is over 200 yards rushing***

Sep 21, 2015, 1:52 PM

Louisville is not a good defense gave up 200 plus rushing yards vs Clemson and Houston . Clemson -202 and Houston- 226

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,142
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic