Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The only football poll that matters...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,072

The only football poll that matters...

Oct 20, 2019, 5:50 PM

Starts on November 5th. Any polls, whether coaches or worthless press, are meaningless...period.

All those pills do is give Dani great fodder to work with in CFP. Enjoy it!!!

Don’t get wrapped around the axle. Win and In. Period.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair, we may be fifth in that

Oct 20, 2019, 5:57 PM

If 5 others are undefeated. They look at quality of wins. We'll have none in top 25 at all

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be fair, we may be fifth in that

Oct 20, 2019, 6:02 PM

Not so fast. Wake will keep climbing if they don’t lose before our game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2019, 6:17 PM [ in reply to To be fair, we may be fifth in that ]

And pass over the twice undefeated national champion with the nation’s longest win streak? Get real. And LSU plays Bamer, and someone will lose. And Baylor plays Okie, and someone will lose. And Bucknuts will play PSU and then the winner will probably play Wisconsin and somebody will lose, and if the Bucknuts win through they deserve to be in more than the second SEC team anyway. The only scary scenario will be if Bama loses to Auburn and anyone else wins the West they might get in cause they are Bamer like two years ago. But even then the undefeated will necessarily be reduced and we’ll have a spot in the four.The Committee knows this and they are not just SEC suck ups trying to impress ESECPN with their SEC slobber. We win out we are in. If we can get it done again, we’ll have to see.

Oct 20, 2019, 6:17 PM [ in reply to To be fair, we may be fifth in that ]

And pass over the twice undefeated national champion with the nation’s longest win streak? Get real. And LSU plays Bamer, and someone will lose. And Baylor plays Okie, and someone will lose. And Bucknuts will play PSU and then the winner will probably play Wisconsin and somebody will lose, and if the Bucknuts win through they deserve to be in more than the second SEC team anyway. The only scary scenario will be if Bama loses to Auburn and anyone else wins the West they might get in cause they are Bamer like two years ago. But even then the undefeated will necessarily be reduced and we’ll have a spot in the four.The Committee knows this and they are not just SEC suck ups trying to impress ESECPN with their SEC slobber. We win out we are in. If we can get it done again, we’ll have to see.

We keep winning and we won't even be in the top 25

Oct 20, 2019, 7:43 PM [ in reply to To be fair, we may be fifth in that ]

apparently.

Oct 20, 2019, 7:49 PM [ in reply to To be fair, we may be fifth in that ]

Unless there are more upsets before then I do think we’ll be 5th in the opening CFP rankings. I don’t see us being ahead of LSU or Alabama, and I don’t see us being ahead of Ohio State assuming they’re beat Wisconsin. I could see it going either way between us and Oklahoma, but I think they get the edge based on having no close games and Texas still being in the top 25.

With all that said, we’ll be in the top 4 by the end of the year if we’re 13-0. I just think we may have to prepare ourselves to being lower to start with.

Oct 20, 2019, 8:50 PM [ in reply to To be fair, we may be fifth in that ]

It is next to impossible to have 5 undefeated teams by Dec 8th. Here are the remaining undefeated teams:

Alabama
LSU
Ohio State
Clemson
Oklahoma
Penn State
Baylor
SMU
Minnesota
Appalachian State

Bama plays LSU, OSU plays Penn St, Baylor plays OK, Minnesota plays Penn St and possibly OSU - So impossible all of those teams are undefeated.

Let's say SMU and AppSt do make it undefeated. You're saying they take a mid-major undefeated over a Power 5 defending champion undefeated??? NWIH!

And Wake could be ranked by the time we play, plus the Coastal champ in the ACCCG could be as well. Plus committee looks at Top 40 teams - not AP Top 25 - because they know the difference between #20 and #40 is a missed FG here and DPI call there. They value Top 40 wins, which we could have multiple of those.

Oct 20, 2019, 8:51 PM

Forgot my link:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2019-10-20/undefeated-college-football-teams-2019?utm_campaign=inline-article

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,072
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic