Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has

Dec 21, 2015, 7:36 AM

OU faced that compares to Lawson? I hear about the their LT being a long armed beast but who has he seen like Lawson that offers speed, power, and freakish size?!?!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their long-armed LT is huge

Dec 21, 2015, 9:00 AM

and that's about it. Red shirt freshman with a wing span like an albatross and feet like they're encased in concrete boots. Shaq is licking his chops. He loves him some QB stew.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has

Dec 21, 2015, 9:09 AM

Ogbah. OSU. OSU was out of that game early so I'm. Not sure how much you could take from that game.

Oakman Baylor. Largely overrated.

Dec 21, 2015, 9:10 AM

Billings and Ogbah both received AA notice this year.

Dec 21, 2015, 9:20 AM

Am I wrong or was billings dealing with a nagging injury that game. He didn't even seem as good as the DT next to him in that game.

Dec 21, 2015, 10:40 AM

9 games into the season what player isn't fighting an injury? The question was asked and answered. Go compare Ogbah season stats, they compare with Lawson and then look how he played against OU.

Dec 21, 2015, 12:03 PM

..and that matters how??

Little fact you are forgetting...guess which team has two guys on both sides that are in the top 50 in sacks (Dodd sits right behind Striker)...double team one, other is coming...double team both...Say Hi to Boulware or Kearse...

Forgot about that, huh???

Dec 21, 2015, 12:14 PM

then there's this:
http://www.todayspigskin.com/nfl-draft/shaq-lawson-2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

"Excels as a run defender, cannot be blocked one-on-one on run plays as his tackles for loss stats can attest. Can take on double-teams and shed blockers. Rarely will you see him on the ground, displays good balance to be able to bounce off blocks."

VS

http://www.todayspigskin.com/nfl-draft/emmanuel-ogbah-2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

" Has trouble shedding blockers, and is not effective in taking on and beating double-teams."

OUCH!!!

Dec 21, 2015, 12:38 PM

For the record, I love nothing more than when you chime in with hard truths and statistics on these OU threads. ????

Dec 21, 2015, 10:24 PM

Dittos!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2015, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

Excellent seems like Lawson projects well in the NFL. However, I thought we are discussing performance on the field. The guy from OSU had more tackles, more sacks and more forced fumbles. The question was asked who has OU faced and an answer was provided.

Dec 21, 2015, 2:28 PM

And so did Tigerman. Lawson is easily the most difficult matchup the OU line will face.

Dec 21, 2015, 2:58 PM

Not statistically

Dec 21, 2015, 3:17 PM

really??

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/39

Shaq Lawson TTFL: 22.5
Emmanuel Ogbah TTFL: 17.5

Shaq Lawson TFLPG: 1.7
Emmanuel Ogbah TFLPG: 1.5

Shaq Lawson Solo TFL: 19
Emmanuel Ogbah Solo TFL: 14

Shaq Lawson Assisted TFL: 7
Emmanuel Ogbah Assisted TFL: 7

Shaq Lawson Tackle yards: 97
Emmanuel Ogbah Tackle Yards: 74

Are you blind???

The only tackles that really matter as far as a line goes is tackles for loss...most beyond that are in chasing people down (which every D player is game then), which is explained in the two NFL Draft summaries, if you'd read them. The two are mirror opposites of each other. Ogbah has higher tackles likely because he gets his in pursuit...but as it says, he can't shed blockers or take on double teams (which I'm sure is what OU did to him), where Shaq gets his behind the line, and can shed blocks and beat double teams...HUGE difference between the two guys, when you know how to actually assess talents beyond a single number. Try looking at those above and see if you can still say that with a straight face.

Dec 21, 2015, 3:22 PM

Lol. You can tell these guys they're ranked 112th in sacks for loss until you're blue in the face and they'll still tell you they're the best offensive line we've played all year. Sooner or later you just have to put the fact sheet down and accept that you just can't always make sense out of nonsense.

Dec 21, 2015, 3:38 PM

Awwww...come on...I like the facts sheets:

Dec 21, 2015, 3:50 PM

^ BTW, that's offensive line rankings....

Dec 21, 2015, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

Oh I know you... And we do... But they sure don't! Lol

Dec 21, 2015, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

Sacks...

Shaq Lawson: Clemson
Solo sacks: 9
Assisted : 1
Sack yards: 65

Emmanuel Ogbah: OK State
Solo sacks: 10
Assisted : 6
Sack Yards: 62

Kevin Dodd: Clemson
Solo sacks: 7
Assisted : 2
Sack yards: 42

Solo sacks..Lawson is only 1 sack lower from Ogbah, but sacked for 3 more yards worth...and Dodd is only off by 3 sacks.

Dec 21, 2015, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/sacks

One extra game means a .2 difference, and he had more sacks and forced fumbles but either way I should put an * by both for FCS opponent.

Dec 21, 2015, 5:17 PM

OK , you're really starting to go overboard here with this "let's see what I can take away" "how can I spin this to make it look better" about 2 guys that have completely different playing styles....in which your OL could double team one, and the other is known for getting through double teams...and also has a guy in the top 50 in sacks on the other side (which can be said to take away from production when you are splitting sacks between 2 DE's). Do you see a second Ok State guy on the list?

Plain and simple

This offensive line:

Faces this defensive line:

Clemson has faced these defensive lines:

Top 20 (4): #1, #12, #18, #20
Top 21-40 (1): #36
Top 41-100 (4): #70, #82, #93,
Bottom 100 (2)

While OU has faced these offensive lines:

Top 20 (2): #3, #12
Top 21-40 (3): #24, #27, #31
Top 41-100 (4): #44, #53, #67,
Bottom 100 (3)

---------------------------------------------

This offensive line:

Faces this defensive line (with the #1 TFL leader in the NCAA, and 2 of the top 50 in sacks):

OU has faced these defensive lines:

Top 40 (2): #9, #16,
Top 21-40 (2): #23, #33
Top 41-100 (6): #41, #47, #49, #51, #64, #99
Bottom 100 (2)

While Clemson has faced these offensive lines:

Top 20 (6): #4, #5, #10, #16, #18, #19
Top 21-40 (2): #36, #38
Top 41-100 (2): #58, #69,
Bottom 100 (2)

You figure it out for yourself.

Dec 21, 2015, 5:21 PM

Second part should be:

This offensive line:

Faces this defensive line (with the #1 TFL leader in the NCAA, and 2 of the top 50 in sacks):

Dec 21, 2015, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

Any common opponents? Let me see if OU played Wofford. Nope. These stats are great, either you spend a lot of time on Excel or you cut and paste from guys that have too much time on their hand. Too bad the game isn't played in Excel or you would have this game locked up.

Here is the thing that stats don't normalize for, play. Can you explain in your stats how UNC and SCar score their TDs in under 2:00 minutes in those last two games?

Dec 21, 2015, 8:16 PM

Oh so now you think stats are bad? Yet you were just making an argument based on stats.

That's the definition of a hypocrite by the way

Dec 21, 2015, 9:25 PM

No I didn't say stats were good or bad, I just threw one out there to show you counter point to virtually every stat.

The question was asked, and I answered.

Dec 21, 2015, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

Wait, didn't you just claim stats?

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18598332

Dec 21, 2015, 8:30 PM

You guys haven't figured it out yet? Stats only count when they favor Oklahoma. Like passing efficiency and interceptions. The rest is garbage. Right? ??

Dec 21, 2015, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

Wofford = what ever teams you played that had the #125, 126 and 127 total defenses...I'd say that's fair..., except you get to write off 3 there...

Dec 21, 2015, 9:27 PM

Wofford = a school of 1600 kids in FCS.

Dec 21, 2015, 10:05 PM

Wow ...and Wofford preforms as well as 3 of the teams on your schedule. They must really know what they are doing. .....or those 3 teams don't. Which is it?

Dec 21, 2015, 10:54 PM

Here is why you can't rely on stats, 2 of 3 teams where in the Top 15 in Total Offense and OU beat the top 3 teams in total offense.

Dec 21, 2015, 11:04 PM

Oh, don't give me that "we beat 3 of the top 3 offenses" crap. That is most overblown, skewed, one sided horse**** that can even be said...
1) they didn't face Seth Russell...
2) they didn't face Trevon Boykin...
3) they did face a Baylor with a plethora of injuries across the team, including Russell...notice, even Texas could beat them once the backup went out...
4) they didn't face Bram but for 1.5 quarters of a 4 qtr game...and in that, he staged a 20 point comeback that put OU near a loss...if he played a whole game, OU would have lost that game...so the reason OU won it was
5) they played this guy for 2 1/2 quarters....who went 7=8 or 1 TD, then went 1-10 with 3 interceptions. COmbined on the year, he has a 19.4 Adjusted QBR, 13.8 RAW QBR...and in the OU game, had a 13.9 Adjusted QBR. Again, THIS was the backup that OU played the majority of the game....so you didn't BEAT the top 3 TCU offense...you beat a fathom of it.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/3116417/foster-sawyer

Dec 21, 2015, 11:05 PM

oh, and that 3rd one, just so happens to have one of the worst defenses in the NCAA.

Here's some further proof

Dec 21, 2015, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

that shoots that crap clear out of the water...

Let's look at a few things, prior to those main QB injuries...

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/yards-per-game?date=2015-10-25
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/yards-per-play?date=2015-10-25
Oct 25, 2015: Day after the game that took out Seth Russell...
Yards per game, Baylor is #1
Yards per play, Baylor is #1

So, it's fair to say that their "top ranking" is due to Seth Russell, being 7 games in to the season...not the backup that OU played against.

Nov 15th: Day after the game Trevon Boykin goes out
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/yards-per-game?date=2015-11-15
Yards per game, TCU is #2
Yards per play, TCU is #8

So again, it's fair to say that TCU's "top offense" ranking is also due to what Trevon Boykin did, not what Foster Sawyer did, nor due to even Bram Kohlhausen (who OU only played 1.5 qtrs against)

Dec 22, 2015, 7:16 AM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

Then why do you "rely on statistics" when it suits you?

Hmmmmm..... be consistent. ....you are flip flopping through out this thread.

Dec 21, 2015, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

or I use a site even one of your own OU fans came in here spouting about...even cocked off at melike I didn't know it...after I threw things from it on their site.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaadl
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaaol

Simple image editing isn't that hard to do...

What's a matter...only wanting to look at stats that fit what you believe?? There's the stats for the trenches...where they say "games are won"....let me guess, like Landtheives likes to do..."they're irrelevant", right?? Yeah, we'll see how irrelevant they are come game time...

Dec 21, 2015, 5:18 PM

oh, guess I should break it to you that football outsiders actually DOES normalize their stats for play...

From the OL link:
Pulling the ideas mostly from Football Outsiders’ pro stats (see Pro below), below are the following offensive line stats for each of FBS' 128 schools.
Run-blocking stats

Adjusted Line Yards: One of only two opponent-adjusted numbers on the page, this aligns with the ALY figure FO tracks for the NFL and is presented on a scale in which 100.0 is perfectly average, above 100 is good, below 100 is bad.
Standard Downs Line Yards per Carry: The raw, unadjusted per-carry line yardage for a team on standard downs (first down, second-and-7 or fewer, third-and-4 or fewer, fourth-and-4 or fewer).
Passing Downs Line Yards per Carry: The same unadjusted averages for rushing on passing downs.
Opportunity Rate: The percentage of carries (when five yards are available) that gain at least five yards, i.e. the percentage of carries in which the line does its job, so to speak.
Power Success Rate: This is the same as on the pro side -- percentage of runs on third or fourth down, two yards or less to go, that achieved a first down or touchdown.
Stuff Rate: Same as STUFFED on the pro side -- percentage of carries by running backs that are stopped at or before the line of scrimmage.

Pass-blocking stats

Adjusted Sack Rate: An opponent-adjusted version of a team's sack rate -- sacks divided by (sacks plus passes), presented on a scale in which 100 is perfectly average, above 100 is good, below 100 is bad.
Standard Downs Sack Rate: Unadjusted sack rate for standard downs pass attempts.
Passing Downs Sack Rate: Unadjusted sack rate for passing downs pass attempts.

Pro-side explanation of their stats:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol
"Revised as of 12/15/2015

Teams are ranked according to Adjusted Line Yards. Based on regression analysis, the Adjusted Line Yards formula takes all running back carries and assigns responsibility to the offensive line based on the following percentages:

Losses: 120% value
0-4 Yards: 100% value
5-10 Yards: 50% value
11+ Yards: 0% value

These numbers are then adjusted based on down, distance, situation, opponent, and the difference in rushing average between shotgun compared to standard formations. Finally, we normalize the numbers so that the league average for Adjusted Line Yards per carry is the same as the league average for RB yards per carry. These stats are explained further here.

The following stats are not adjusted for opponent:

RB Yards: Yards per carry by that team's running backs, according to standard NFL numbers.
Power Success: Percentage of runs on third or fourth down, two yards or less to go, that achieved a first down or touchdown. Also includes runs on first-and-goal or second-and-goal from the two-yard line or closer. This is the only statistic on this page that includes quarterbacks.
Stuffed: Percentage of runs where the running back is tackled at or behind the line of scrimmage. Since being stuffed is bad, teams are ranked from stuffed least often (#1) to most often (#32).
Second Level Yards: Yards which this team's running backs earn between 5-10 yards past the line of scrimmage, divided by total running back carries.
Open Field Yards: Yards which this team's running backs earn more than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage, divided by total running back carries.

NFL averages for each stat given in red.

Why are these rankings different from the team offense DVOA ratings for rushing? Among other reasons, they don't include quarterbacks or fumbles, long runs are truncated, and a different set of adjustments is used, attempting to isolate line play rather than total team offense.

A team with a high ranking in Adjusted Line Yards but a low ranking in Open Field Yards is heavily dependent on its offensive line to make the running game work. A team with a low ranking in Adjusted Line Yards but a high ranking in Open Field Yards is heavily dependent on its running back breaking long runs to make the running game work.

However, it is important to understand that these ratings only somewhat separate the offensive line from the running backs. A team with a very good running back will appear higher no matter how bad their line, and a team with a great line with appear lower if the running back is terrible.

Stats in blue represent pass blocking. Teams are ranked according to Adjusted Sack Rate, which gives sacks (plus intentional grounding penalties) per pass attempt adjusted for down, distance, and opponent. Pass blocking stats are explained further here. Our sack totals may differ slightly from official NFL totals depending on the league's retroactive statistical adjustments."

Dec 21, 2015, 9:38 PM

> oh, guess I should break it to you that football
> outsiders actually DOES normalize their stats
> for play...
>
Normalize for statistical comparison and set to their own adjusted values. That is the definition of a hanging chad. I wonder if it adjusts for situation, tendencies, rain?

It is like this web site http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/ a fun exercise but doesn't characterize play of the players.

Dec 21, 2015, 10:06 PM

You mean like the scouting report you dismissed earlier? How conveniently hypocritical of you ;)

Dec 21, 2015, 10:52 PM

So let me ask you about scouting reports. How do you think Mayfield translates to the pro game? But yet he garnered AA honors in numerous publications. Not a good pro prospect but a gamer. It is the college game.

Dec 21, 2015, 11:46 PM

So in other words, you're just like I said...dismiss stats when they don't work out for you...try to "make up" a reason to pretend they don't exist, or aren't relevant (where have I heard that before?), or didn't "normalize" every single little factor possible (btw, rain played to ND's advantage in ours, btw...too bad Clemson still won). Have fun in your fantasy land...hope you are around when the game is over. Let me know if your stats looked right, or did mine...

Dec 22, 2015, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

Please tell me in detail how the scouting report on Lawson isn't applicable to his play in college?

....I'll wait

Tigerman1978 has hit you with every stat

Dec 21, 2015, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

That more than backs up everything he has been saying and you over on your pc acting like a frakking Coot saying the same thing over and over! You lost,son. Just like OU will once again fall to the Tigers.
And since you just like blahblah bs'ing in circles I'm just gawna do a copy/paste of my earlier posts since you not even worth much more effort than that. :D
"..our defense many OU fanz are ragging on due to their lack of fire the past 4 weeks of the season? Yeah they healing up and more than a bit tired of the national doubters. BV gonna have them foaming at the mouth and I'd be surprised if Clemson D gives up 20 to OU.
GO TIGERS!!"

Now feel free to tweet that ya pompous prick!
GO TIGERS!!

Dec 21, 2015, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

Oh, and I'll worry about explaining the prevent defense when Clemson gets a comfortable lead when you can explain Bram and his 20 point 1 qtr comeback after playing a backup QB with a 19 and less QBR (Sawyer) for 2.5 qtrs...care to discuss that aspect??

Dec 21, 2015, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

You didnt play an FCS school but the defense played in the Big12 looks that way with all those teams in the 90's and below team defense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2015, 10:56 PM

Maybe the B12 just plays great offense? What 1/2 half of the glass are drinking from? At least not the same glass as FCS Wofford.

You have to do better than that

Dec 22, 2015, 7:40 AM

Can't make an argument at all to explain it can ya?

Dec 21, 2015, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

The true answer is the DL was coached out of those scenarios. What I mean by this is in both games the tigers had a double digit lead and it was late in the game. Brent has been letting teams drive to eat clock this year. He rushes 3 and leaves (in theory) only the short plays open which forces teams to eat clock and drive. Problem is rushing only 3 gives qbs entirely too much time to find someone and adlib a big play. I'd wager my check that most big plays in the 4th qtr comebacks werent designed but rather guys finding space and Clemson players leaving their responsiblity (portion of the field) because they get antsy waiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 21, 2015, 11:01 PM

> game. Brent has been letting teams drive to eat clock
> this year. He rushes 3 and leaves (in theory) only
> the short plays open which forces teams to eat clock
> and drive. Problem is rushing only 3 gives qbs
> entirely too much time to find someone and adlib a
> big play. I'd wager my check that most big plays in
> the 4th qtr comebacks werent designed but rather guys
> finding space and Clemson players leaving their
> responsiblity (portion of the field) because they get
> antsy waiting.

And this is a good thing playing a team that has a QB that kept the play alive to score? I can't see that he is taking foot off the teams throat, I watched virtually all (except Wake) of Clemsons games and I don't think he was playing prevent.

Watched all but wake?

Dec 22, 2015, 7:44 AM

...and didn't see a conservative defense? Then you have bigger issues to deal with....

Dec 21, 2015, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

An *? Why? Because he had 4 tackles and no sacks in a fcs gabe he played maybe one half a football in?

Dec 21, 2015, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

Tell that to Baker Mayfield when Lawson is running him the ground.

"Statistically he isn't any better"

Dec 21, 2015, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: OU fans, or anyone. ... what Elite D linemen has ]

I'm more and more confident in our ability to get to BM the closer we get to game time!

Dec 21, 2015, 5:06 PM

Shaq hates mayfield milk.......

I agree they have faced tough defensive lineman as

Dec 21, 2015, 9:13 AM

CUKid'sSmarterthanOUDad said, I think our front 7 as a unit will be the toughest defensive front they will have faced. Doubling up on Shaq will release other weapons.

Blah. Yes Clemson will be the best d ok has faced

Dec 21, 2015, 9:37 AM

Booger mayfield will be the best qb Clemson has faced.
Kizer, bisset, williams have similar scrambling abilities but booger is a more accurate passer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dec 21, 2015, 9:39 AM

Looking at Individual TFL:
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/39

OU has T-#24 (#26) Eric Striker and has faced:

DL T-#15 (#17) Emmanual Ogbah of Ok State
LB T-#15 Jatavius Brown of Akron
LB T-#24 (#25) Matt Linscott of Tulsa
DL #28 Shawn Oakman of Baylor
DL #34 Andrew Billings of Baylor

Clemson has #1 Shaq Lawson, and has faced:

DL T-#2 (#5) Devonte Fields of Louisville
DL #14 Ronad Blair of App State
LB #15 Matt Milano of Boston College
LB #24 Steven Daniels of Boston College
DL T-#30 (#32) Harold Landry of Boston College
DL T-#30 (#33) Demarcus Walker of Fl State
DL T-#35 (#38) Mike Rose of NC State
DL T-#35 (#41) Mehdi Abdesmad of Boston College

Sacks:
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/36

OU has T-#42 (#47) Eric Striker, and has faced:

DL #4 Emmanuel Ogbah of Ok State
LB T-#8 (#9) Jatavis Brown of Akron
DL #20 Derek Barnett of Tennessee
DL T-#28 (#29) Noble Nwachukwu of West Virginia
DL T-#28 (#30) Dale Pierson of Iowa State
DL T-#34 (#37) Josh Carraway of TCU
LB #50 Peter Jinkens of Texas

Clemson has DL #25 Shaq Lawson and DL #48 Kevin Dodd, and has played:
DL T-#8 (#8) Mike Rose of NC State
DL T-#8 (#10) Demarcus Walker fo Fl State
DL #18 Trevon Young of Louisville
DL T-#34 (#34) Romeo Okwara of Notre Dame
DL T-#34 (#38) Devonte' Fields of Louisville

Dec 21, 2015, 12:08 PM

Have they faced Mac Alexander yet??

Oh wait....mm

??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To answer your original question

Dec 21, 2015, 4:36 PM

Baylor's Shaun Oakman,
6'9" - 275 lbs.

ALL-AMERICA CANDIDATE
WALTER CAMP AWARD CANDIDATE
BEDNARIK AWARD CANDIDATE
NAGURSKI TROPHY CANDIDATE
ROTARY LOMBARDI AWARD CANDIDATE

He's not better than Shaq Lawson, but he aint no wall flower either.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To answer your original question

Dec 21, 2015, 5:02 PM

Oakman looks the part but he disappears in games. He had one meaningful tackle in the OU game.

Dec 21, 2015, 5:28 PM

Not only that but Brown is probably the only tackle he played this year that can look him in the eye.

Oakman looks like Tarzan, but plays like Jane***

Dec 21, 2015, 5:30 PM [ in reply to To answer your original question ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2015, 9:58 PM [ in reply to To answer your original question ]

Exactly. ... in other words. They haven't played a D like ours.

Dec 21, 2015, 11:09 PM

well considering what a few other teams with good offenses have been able to do, i'm not worried a bout it. OU o line is their biggest weakness but they have built a type of offense around mitigating that as much as possible. And they have a couple pretty good linemen who can buy Mayfield enough time, even against some very talented Dlinemen.Cant wait to see the battle in the trenches go down. But I will say that Mayfield is at his most dangerous when he's being chased around out of the pocket.

Dec 22, 2015, 8:06 AM

MT,

I am thinking they remind me of some part clemson teams with great skill players on offense but an O line that has to compensate for its weaknesses.

Dec 22, 2015, 10:33 AM

> MT,
>
> I am thinking they remind me of some part clemson
> teams with great skill players on offense but an O
> line that has to compensate for its weaknesses.

Can't argue with that. They have 4 new starters now, three of them have never played before. It's not easy getting them to gel, it took a while and they initially struggled to run the ball and block effectively against anyone. In fact they were 120 out of 128 teams with 28 career starts on the line. Somehow though after the texas game they tweaked the line and they have been better ever since. They'll be as ready as you can be. Just as a comparison, Clemson is #105 and even they have 45 career starts before this year.

Dec 22, 2015, 10:44 AM
image.jpeg(93.3 K)

I hope they ironed out their pre-snap foot positioning. When I read that Texas beat them because of the line tipping what the plays would be all game, I almost pissed myself.

Dec 22, 2015, 11:14 AM

> I hope they ironed out their pre-snap foot
> positioning. When I read that Texas beat them because
> of the line tipping what the plays would be all game,
> I almost pissed myself.

Lol, yep that was bad! haha, he hasnt started a game since. That was frustrating to watch though

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic