Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tiger Tidbits - Chad Morris and recruiting edition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tiger Tidbits - Chad Morris and recruiting edition

Nov 29, 2012, 3:50 PM

Tiger Tidbits - Chad Morris and recruiting edition

In this edition of Tiger Tidbits we get the latest on Chad Morris, Tramel Terry, Montravius Adams and more. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be sweet to land Adams, Ogundeko, and Lawson!***

Nov 29, 2012, 3:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Tiger Tidbits - Chad Morris and recruiting edition

Nov 29, 2012, 4:08 PM

It would be very hard for anybody to understand why would Chad take the job at NCST. He is building a resume at Clemson right now that will be very hard for any Elite school to turn him down after a couple more years at Clemson with the enormous talent he has at Clemson. In a couple more year with a NC game in his resume will almost let him name his price at a great school. With him right now he will have to except offers. In a cple more years, he can name his price. And Chad knows this b/c he isn't STUPID.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only monkey wrench is that jobs like Tennessee, Auburn &

Nov 29, 2012, 4:12 PM

Arkansas have availabilities...those opportunities don't come available all too often. So if one of those offers is there a choice to be made to stay as OC?

uh....yes they do.

Nov 29, 2012, 4:16 PM

Tennesee 3 years
Auburn 3 years
Arky...1 year

false. all 3 of those jobs have been available 2-3 times

Nov 29, 2012, 4:19 PM [ in reply to the only monkey wrench is that jobs like Tennessee, Auburn & ]

in the last 5-6 years.

Re: the only monkey wrench is that jobs like Tennessee, Auburn &

Nov 29, 2012, 10:33 PM [ in reply to the only monkey wrench is that jobs like Tennessee, Auburn & ]

Well, offers like that haven't come too often, but these days coaches don't get much time to prove they can do it. Chad will get more offers, and if he gets a more solid resume' while at Clemson, he will get more compensation from better programs offered with those opportunities, IMO. I hope he stays a while longer, for our sake and for his.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely would need Tramel Terry to play defense as

Nov 29, 2012, 4:09 PM

opposed to RB. I'm sure it never hurts to have the #1 player in the state come to Clemson though. WE're due for one of those.

We need him at running back.

Nov 29, 2012, 4:12 PM

That's where he will play if he comes to Clemson. That's why he's even considering us.

We are recruiting bigger defensive backs lately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We need him at running back.

Nov 30, 2012, 9:37 AM

We backed off of a better running back recruit this year in Derrick Green out of Virginia, and have 2 incredibly talented guys already coming in at that position. We need way more help at safety than we do at RB

Re: Terry will commit to CU after he is named Mr. Football

Nov 29, 2012, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Definitely would need Tramel Terry to play defense as ]

in SC. If he commits before, he will not be named.

Re: Definitely would need Tramel Terry to play defense as

Nov 29, 2012, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Definitely would need Tramel Terry to play defense as ]

Where? We are strong at LB and have numerous safeties availabe through recruiting and redshirts.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Here's hoping...

Nov 29, 2012, 4:10 PM

his job searches do not become a distraction to his primary responsibilities to our team. It seems getting prepared for this interview certainly could not have helped us get ready for USC, especially given the worst game plan I have seen him have since he's been here. Personally I think he should wait until after our season to pursue other jobs and likewise Dabo better start looking hard for his replacement, maybe even hire him before next season.

O'brien got fired after the SCAR game...***

Nov 29, 2012, 4:27 PM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Here's hoping...

Nov 29, 2012, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Here's hoping... ]

Interesting. I did not even think to consider that he was aware that O'Brian would have been fired, and he would have been high on the list. I would hope he would have been focused on the task at hand, but you never know...ughhhh.

I'm sorry, but that is an ignorant post. First, the

Nov 29, 2012, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Here's hoping... ]

timeline doesn't fit. Second, are you telling me that you honestly believe Morris would underprepare or undercoach his team because he thought he might get an interview (and once again, the timeline doesn't fit, so that's totally hypothetical)? That's absurd. And third, you think Dabo should hire Morris's replacement before next season? Explain that one, please. Does that mean we hire an extra OC and keep him in the wings in case Morris leaves? Are you suggesting we fire Morris? It makes no sense.

As to the "worst gameplan" comment, what kind of gameplan would an offense need that touched the ball for 19 plays in the second half? The offense could not get on the field, and that led to whatever decisions came after. It wasn't a poor plan. And if Boyd had been on target from the get-go, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Revamp your argument and then try again.

Disagree

Nov 29, 2012, 6:21 PM

You don't abandon the run when you're averaging over six yards a carry. Our three-and-outs were just as much a problem as the lack of defensive stops. There offense wouldn't have been getting the ball so often had we sustained several more drives. Not to say the defense wasn't at fault, but there's plenty of blame to go around and the offense play calling isn't excused from it.

To Mr Ignorant

Nov 30, 2012, 7:17 AM [ in reply to I'm sorry, but that is an ignorant post. First, the ]

All I need to say to you is that our All American in 2011 and fastest player on the field touched the ball one time on a meaningless play before the half - if you are satisfied with that game plan than not much else is going to enlighten you.

You really think a guy interviewing for a $2M+ job per year will only prepare a day ahead of interview? Again you have corner on ignorance if that is the case - I think we should hire a future potential OC that can learn the Morris offense BEFORE he leaves. We have several recruits who are choosing us based on this offense and we KNOW he wants to leave - duhhhh? So on your plan let him leave whenever he wants and have no backup plan. GREAT! Glad you are not running our country - well, maybe you are, that would explain alot.

Re: To Mr Ignorant

Nov 30, 2012, 11:24 AM

You do need to look at all aspects of the game though. Offense could not get on the field so when they did Morris looked for big plays to get momentum. Also understand that Tajh felt like he had to run the whole game, that's an issue with the OL. Don't forget that Nuk had I think two key drops, JB had one that was crucial. Our offense is always about deception and sending the ball to 4-5 people on the field is what we try to do best. Doesn't always happen but that's our gameplan and that's what it will continue to be under Morris. I think that it is all predicated on what the OL does. You must be able to recruit 4/5 stars at those positions or have a better development plan for those 2/3 stars.

Don't forget that the sun came up again today and football is just that...football. We will get back on track with beating the Coots, just be patient.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

When I Saw His Picture on the Front...I thought he was gone.

Nov 29, 2012, 4:29 PM

Then I read the story title...whew!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

find it funny that many say state wouldn't take a coach with

Nov 29, 2012, 4:50 PM

no experience. Didn't clemson offer their job to a guy with NO experience?

Did dabo have connections or money to build his staff?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: find it funny that many say state wouldn't take a coach with

Nov 29, 2012, 5:27 PM

remember Chad is only 3 years out of high school. Dabo had been in college programs...

Thx David...after all the speculations it's great to hear

Nov 29, 2012, 5:56 PM

solid & confirmed information about Chad..and at least words of encouragement straight from the "horses mouth" as far as the possible recruits are concerned.

GoTiGERs..Stand Up & FIGHT Boys!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Odd

Nov 29, 2012, 6:30 PM

That no WR coaches interviewed for NC State Position.....If my boy Chad leaves than Daborella back to scruffing for 8-5 seasons and talks of next year.

Which is what happened on his dime until Chad rescued Dabo.

Thanks for the article. Good read

Nov 29, 2012, 7:00 PM

2014 could be a heck of recruiting year... if Morris stays. Anyway he can wait until signing day that year to leave :) Watson, Kitt, and a few others are leaning this way because of him and not necessarily, Clemson the school.

Go Tigers

let me guess

Nov 29, 2012, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Odd ]

you do not care for Dabo.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

I heard a story about Danny Ford.

Nov 29, 2012, 7:57 PM

He had a player and I do not recall the name.....that got in trouble and fairly frequently......The kid was a third teamer. And when he got into his last bout of trouble. Ford punished him and let him remain on the team. Someone asked Ford why didn't he release the kid from the team. Ford said "How is that going to help this kid?....Atleast here he gets an education and gets a chance to clean up his act."

I understand that partiucular person actually did benefit from the gracious act that Danny made......

He really cared about his players.

I suspect Brownell does too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Morris should have requested phone interview

Nov 29, 2012, 9:33 PM

As to not distract from the task at hand....

Our OC not seasoned enough for NCSU, but WR coach OK for CU.***

Nov 30, 2012, 1:34 AM

I'll bite razz

Nov 30, 2012, 9:26 AM

1 ACC championship
3 division titles (in 4 years)
back to back 10 win seasons
1 coach of the year award
35 wins in first 4 years (could be 36 with bowl win)

TB beat So. Car! Batson sucks! WV!

That about sum up your side of the argument? That's all I can come up with on the con side.

Re: I'll bite razz

Nov 30, 2012, 9:57 AM

Then what makes Morris unqualified for NC State? Can't have it both ways.

Re: The difference ...

Nov 30, 2012, 10:21 AM

NCSU does not have a staff in place so that a green new guy with no HC background could just come in and start immediately with guys he trusted.

At least Dabo had the ability to cherry pick Bowden's existing staff so that he wasn't starting from scratch.

Also, Dabo had some pretty impressive players already on the squad and recruiting is probably his very strongest attribute anyway.

In addition to haveing to find a staff, Morris would come to an NCSU roster that will be offensively depleted next year and recruiting under Tom O'Brien was anemic at best. Whoever comes in will have to be able to work miracles with average talent for a couple of years.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't have an "argument". Just showing the irony. But...

Dec 1, 2012, 3:30 AM [ in reply to I'll bite razz ]

... to your points...

1 ACC championship.
Weakest Sagarin-ranked ACC in over a decade, won largely because FSU's starting QB & several starters were out injured.

Yay. We were kings of half of the pathetic ACC. Oh... except we didn't REALLY win the Atlantic this year in any meaningful sense.

Beat ACC cupcakes & non-AQ cupcakes. Lost to the only good teams (TCU, FSU, SCAR, WVU, USF, et al).

Yay. And Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Beat ACC & non-AQ cupcakes. Lost to the good teams.

Dabo is 0-6 against non-con Top 25 finishers. That's ZERO wins. ZERO.

Dabo is 3-10 in upset games. His teams get upset by less talented teams far more than they upset more talented teams. That's just bad coaching.

Clemson lost 4-straight to SCar for the first time in 60 years. They were all pretty bad whuppings too.

Dabo took a talented, future-NFL-laden Clemson team that had perennially finished in and out of the bottom half of the Top 25 under Bowden, and Dabo led them to finish in and out of the bottom half of the Top 25. No improvement from a national yardstick, but looking good relative to a weakening laughing-stock ACC. Heck, even the Big East teams (WVU & USF) humiliated Dabo. Big improvement.

On the other hand, for example, Spurrier (a seasoned, national championship HOF coach that Clemson could have hred) took a historically weak, unranked, losing-record, steaming pile of garbage and turned them into a nationally respected team that has whupped Clemson 4-straight.

But I guess it's better to promote a WR-coach to do on-the-job training.

I don't have an "argument". Just showing the irony. But...

Dec 1, 2012, 3:31 AM [ in reply to I'll bite razz ]

... to your points...

1 ACC championship.
Weakest Sagarin-ranked ACC in over a decade, won largely because FSU's starting QB & several starters were out injured.

Yay. We were kings of half of the pathetic ACC. Oh... except we didn't REALLY win the Atlantic this year in any meaningful sense.

Beat ACC cupcakes & non-AQ cupcakes. Lost to the only good teams (TCU, FSU, SCAR, WVU, USF, et al).

Yay. And Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Beat ACC & non-AQ cupcakes. Lost to the good teams.

Dabo is 0-6 against non-con Top 25 finishers. That's ZERO wins. ZERO.

Dabo is 3-10 in upset games. His teams get upset by less talented teams far more than they upset more talented teams. That's just bad coaching.

Clemson lost 4-straight to SCar for the first time in 60 years. They were all pretty bad whuppings too.

Dabo took a talented, future-NFL-laden Clemson team that had perennially finished in and out of the bottom half of the Top 25 under Bowden, and Dabo led them to finish in and out of the bottom half of the Top 25. No improvement from a national yardstick, but looking good relative to a weakening laughing-stock ACC. Heck, even the Big East teams (WVU & USF) humiliated Dabo. Big improvement.

On the other hand, for example, Spurrier (a seasoned, national championship HOF coach that Clemson could have hred) took a historically weak, unranked, losing-record, steaming pile of garbage and turned them into a nationally respected team that has whupped Clemson 4-straight.

But I guess it's better to promote a WR-coach to do on-the-job training.

Good job, Ryan Jenkins...already a loyal Tiger***

Nov 30, 2012, 2:43 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I said this 20 years ago and I still say it

Nov 30, 2012, 7:15 PM

NC state will never never, have a BIG time fb program.
If Morris left to be the HC; It should be looked upon
as a stepping stone to the NEXT big thing.

IMO

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic