Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney announces starting QB, lists who will likely play and who will redshirt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney announces starting QB, lists who will likely play and who will redshirt

Aug 21, 2017, 9:24 PM

Swinney announces starting QB, lists who will likely play and who will redshirt

Kelly Bryant, it’s your turn. The Clemson football team practiced in Jervey Meadows late Monday afternoon, and head coach Dabo Swinney told TigerNet following the practice that junior Kelly Bryant will get the start against Kent St. Who will redshirt? Which of the freshmen will play? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney announces starting QB, lists who will likely play and who will redshirt

Aug 21, 2017, 9:30 PM

Tigers are going to be a run first offense apparently. Understandable with the OL that is in place.

Re: New Story: Swinney announces starting QB, lists who will likely play and who will redshirt

Aug 21, 2017, 9:33 PM

Not just the O LINE but the RB Corps we have. Let's not forget we have very capable TE and WR at the helm as well. I think Kelly Bryant has his ducks in a row for the upcoming season. He will have plenty of pass protection so he shouldn't be under too much pressure. I think we make it back to the playoffs knowing what I know now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Well... if you know it..being "you"..lol, whatever man.

Aug 21, 2017, 9:37 PM

We have the talent to play with and beat anyone. It takes a lot of talent and luck to get to the playoffs.

Hopefully it comes together again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Why do you say that?***

Aug 21, 2017, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney announces starting QB, lists who will likely play and who will redshirt ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Because he thinks they can't pass protect?***

Aug 21, 2017, 9:43 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Aug 21, 2017, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney announces starting QB, lists who will likely play and who will redshirt ]

I hope for 50 rush 50 pass a game 300 yds rushing 300 yds passing ., Need 100 plays a game to use all the talent we have.

We support you Kelly . . .

Aug 21, 2017, 9:53 PM

go get it done!

I wish on of the . .

Aug 21, 2017, 10:34 PM

other guys could have won the job and maybe they will later.

Re: I wish on of the . .

Aug 21, 2017, 11:45 PM

If they could've, they would've.
Get behind KB !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: I wish on of the . .

Aug 22, 2017, 1:49 PM [ in reply to I wish on of the . . ]

You are one pathetic loser congrats

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Aug 22, 2017, 12:15 AM

We got the O decided. Our D is strong. Let's get behind our Tigers. The starting bell is rung. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time will tell, but it really seems like we're still

Aug 22, 2017, 12:45 AM

deferring to age instead of talent.

Hopefully KB comes out and tosses the ball around the yard and proves me wrong.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the word you are looking for is experience

Aug 22, 2017, 3:04 AM

Not age. The big difference here is not a couple of years ... but time in the system and maturity.

CDS said the same of the running backs and noone seems to be whinging about them. It isn't just about running hard, you have to be able to recognize and pick up blitzes, etc..

It is similar for the QBs except more complicated. You not only have to be able to make all the throws, but read safeties, DEs, LBs ... know your hot reads and make the right decisions under pressure.

KB has a lot of talent behind him ... this is good as it will push him to improve ... but zero experience.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: Time will tell, but it really seems like we're still

Aug 22, 2017, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Time will tell, but it really seems like we're still ]

Do you truly think that our national championship winning had coach is out and out lying to us. To me, he made it abundantly clear won the graded competition to EARN the right to be our starting QB. As we go through the season the position will be earned or lost on the field of play.

Aug 22, 2017, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Time will tell, but it really seems like we're still ]

What practices have you been to?

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Aug 22, 2017, 1:55 PM

lol. much like the 2 groups of pathetic excuses for human beings that gathered in charlottesville, we have a small fringe group that think they know better than our coaching staff that just won 70 games in 6 years. wonder what it would take to satisfy some.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so don't have an opinion.........

Aug 23, 2017, 10:10 AM

That's different than the coaches on here right? Let's shutdown all debate and only be positive. I remember 60% of the crowd booing Cole stoudt. Short term memory loss?

Aug 23, 2017, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Time will tell, but it really seems like we're still ]

Dang dude it's a free message board
If people's opinions bother you that much I wouldn't even read TNET.
In other words lighten up Francis

Aug 23, 2017, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Time will tell, but it really seems like we're still ]

Don't you know you can only pump sunshine on this site? You can't ask real questions without being accused of being a coot or troll or stupid. And yes I remember Dabo telling us Cole stoudt gave us the best chance to win and sat Watson on the bench? Then stoudt was booed in the stadium and everyone called him 3 and out stoudt. I think some people have short term memory loss. Dabo was just trying to reward him for being there. It was a bad decision, he's not perfect but dang, learn from it.

Aug 22, 2017, 7:45 AM

Simple Tnet fans. Coaches know best and make the calls on players. The players respond well or not, depending on their in game experience. That'll be graded. One bad play, or even a couple, is not desired but may happen as it's football. Learn and move on. Even our veteran heroes fall prey to the INTS or fumbles occasionally, so let's hope for perfection yet accept mistakes. IMO of course; -)

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2017, 8:48 AM

Being on the practice fields and going through the 2 a days back in the middle 70s, getting ready for the season is not an easy task for the players and coaches. The learning experience can be stressful for the players and grading the players even more stressful for the coaches. When it's all said and done, everyone does their best to make sure the best players take the field. The time for talking and speculation is over. It's time to support the players and the coaches and see where and how far this team can go. Go Tigers! Let the roar be heard across the nation.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2017, 1:41 PM

Gentlemen.............start you're engines!!!!!! I hope the Tigers absolutely devour Kent State to set the tone for the rest of the season. Also, a sizable lead at half time gets Zerrick and Hunter some valuable snaps in the second half. I would love to see all three play in this game. Ditto for the running backs. I'd love to see what all four have. Really looking forward to seeing the two T's (Tre and Tanner) become the Killer T's. Hope they go out and smash some bodies around. Looking forward to a dominating performance. Give Aw-Burn something to stew over. Make Action Jackson stay up at nights with visions of Christian, Dexter, Austin and Clelin dancing in his brain. Can hardly wait.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic