Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tim Tebow Just Sitting By Himself In Darkened Florida...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 2,693

Tim Tebow Just Sitting By Himself In Darkened Florida...

May 9, 2013, 2:08 AM

Gators Football Stadium.

GAINESVILLE, FL—After being waived by the New York Jets and so far receiving no offers from other NFL teams, former Florida Gators quarterback Tim Tebow was reportedly sitting alone in the darkness of his alma mater’s deserted football stadium, sources confirmed Wednesday.

According to eyewitnesses, Tebow has been in the same seat at the 50-yard line for several hours and was spotted staring wistfully across his old home field, holding his head in his hands as a flood of familiar memories swept him back in time.

“What happened?” said Tebow, who was overheard murmuring while imagining the stadium filled with the throngs of adoring fans who once chanted his name and cheered every single yard he gained. “Whatever happened to that?”

Further reports indicated that Tebow then sat and listened to the silence of 90,000 empty seats for several minutes before finally letting out a long, heavy-hearted sigh, recalling the mighty roar that filled Ben Hill Griffin Stadium the day he announced he would forego the 2009 NFL draft and return for his senior season.

With the crowd’s shouts of “We love you, Tim!” and “You can do anything!” still echoing in his ears, the Heisman Trophy winner reportedly gazed at a banner reading “This is Gator Country” and remembered a time, not so long ago, when those words were synonymous with his name: Tim Tebow.

“Tim Tebow, the hero,” Tebow said quietly. “The one everyone is counting on.”

Sources confirmed that as the former Gators quarterback continued to think about his past as a college superstar, a vivid scene reportedly formed in the once so promising 25-year-old’s mind and Tebow saw himself taking a snap at the 20-yard line, bursting through a hole, leaping over defenders, churning closer and closer to the end zone.

“Touchdown!” whispered Tebow, realizing even then that he would never recapture the glory of those November evenings in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. “Touchdown, Gators! Florida is going to win again!”

However, a fearful expression then reportedly crossed Tebow’s face as he suddenly envisioned the cackling likeness of Rex Ryan standing at midfield, pointing at the former All-American and telling him that no NFL team will ever sign him as anything but a running back or tight end.

Tebow, who sources confirmed shook his head in an apparent attempt to dispel the haunting image, did not get up from the seat, instead staying in the same place and trying to focus on the memory of setting the record for most rushing touchdowns in team history.

At press time, University of Florida grounds crew workers had reportedly approached Tebow and requested that he leave the premises immediately

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tim Tebow Just Sitting By Himself In Darkened Florida...

May 9, 2013, 5:25 AM

If this is your attempt at humor,or poking fun at someone who has had his dreams shattered,it didn't work.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it's clearly an Onion article...

May 9, 2013, 7:13 AM

and it is actually funny.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/tim-tebow-just-sitting-by-himself-in-darkened-flor,32289/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

The old cut and paste article trick

May 9, 2013, 8:21 AM

from The Onion with no link or author's name.

NEVER SEEN IT DONE.

;)

you couild insert jamarcus russel, ryan leaf and 1,000's of

May 9, 2013, 5:54 AM

others here,too. not all players can succeed at the next level- see archie griffin, he didn't do much in the pro's either, and he won a couple of hiesmans'. or, you can name people like joe montana and tom brady, who were middle of the pack in college, yet excelled at the pro level.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you couild insert jamarcus russel, ryan leaf and 1,000's of

May 9, 2013, 9:47 AM

Also Tim won the heisman trophy. And sat in one of the seats his second time around that CJ should have been in. But that is OK, CJ is still wowing the fans in the pro's just as he has done in HS and at Clemson. For the heisman trophy, it's about who the richest voter likes the best. I would much rather have the 25 mil CJ got paid along with the pro career he is having. That is better than sitting alone in an empty stadium with a heisman trophy on the shelf at home any day. The voters voted that CJ wasn't good enough to be on that stage that night in New York. But the five players that the voters voted was good enough, hasn't yet proved the voter were right. CJ is having a better NFL career than any of the five that the voters invited to New York. BOOHOOS, they got wrong again as usual!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2013, 6:37 AM

He will get another chance. Someone will see video of that amazing (hideous) jump pass and sign him immediately for millions

May 9, 2013, 7:17 AM

I am not a Gator fan, by any means. The simple fact that they used to be coached by spurtier is enough to not like them.

I do not understand the unmitigated animosity for Tebow. Why is it you hate this young man? The hosts of people who do nothing but heap their derision and spew the vitriol at this young man. What has he done to deserve this? We all cheer on our guys for what they do, how they do it. We stand behind (most) of our guys when they get into trouble, or have adversity. Why is Tebow hated?

He didn't make it in the NFL. I personally do not believe anyone really tried with him. He has talent; he wins. He has passion for playing and I can only imagine he was at team meetings and did what he was supposed to do....

So why do you (and so many others) hate him. Hmmmmm..... I wonder. If you are so upset with his Christian values, get over it. Don't listen. I am so sick of people trying to say that Jesus has no place in today's society. It is my right, his right, and anyone else's to talk about it. IF you don't like it, turn around and go the other way. Personally, I am going to be just as vocal, just as outgoing , about my faith as all those who seem to think they have a right to shut me up.......

tigerking hates pubs, babies, apple pie

May 9, 2013, 7:56 AM

'murica, tebow, but luvs him some cheekin and Obama!

May 9, 2013, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Tim Tebow Just Sitting By Himself In Darkened Florida... ]

I don't have any particular grudge against Tim Tebow, but I'm not a fan because (1) he was a gimmick player, (2) he had no problem riding the E$PN hype machine. Maybe he did the latter because he knew he'd fizzle in the NFL, I dunno. But anyone who gets that much spotlight for so long (see: Te'o, Manti) is going to get a lot of popular backlash.

As far as his religious beliefs go, I don't dislike him or disparage him for those. All I can say is that I make it a point not to talk religion in the workplace unless asked.

May 9, 2013, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Tim Tebow Just Sitting By Himself In Darkened Florida... ]

Tigerking hates White people. If this were about Jamarcus Russel he would be calling all of us racists.

null

May 9, 2013, 10:12 AM

Funny how that works? He's a bigot

May 9, 2013, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Tim Tebow Just Sitting By Himself In Darkened Florida... ]

The backlash against tebow, in my opinion, is due not to the man himself but the media's infatuation with him.

You couldn't turn on a college football game while he played without the media drooling all over him. It didn't matter that it wasn't a florida game. It didn't matter that it wasn't an sec game. Whoever was playing, it turned into the tebow show, and I (and lots of others) got sick of hearing about him.

I think that media coverage may unfortunately be coming back to bite him in the butt. As you said, he hasn't really had a good shot at the league, and teams are probably more weary of signing him because they know what should be a project qb based on skill set will generate way more scrutiny than it should because its tebow. I hate that for the guy. Hopefully someone will give him a shot. If not, he's made a bunch of money that he could use to support his ministry.

May 9, 2013, 7:19 AM

What a "tool" you are. The only reason Tim Tebow would be sitting alone in the dark is to have a little peace and quiet so he can count his money. Be honest with yourself; this "failure" is worth more than you and I will ever be combined. So don't worry too much about little Timmy. If you make him mad he just may buy your sorry self. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sardonic melodrama at its worst...often referred to as

May 9, 2013, 7:29 AM

"kicking someone who is down" or, as I prefer, "pointless wanderings of junkalists on slow news days." Perhaps, it's a good thing for TigerNetters to see articles like this, for they serve to accentuate further the levels at which self-appointed media "gurus" will sink to create copy. Frankly, I despise these type of people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said Hartins, and good morning!

May 9, 2013, 8:06 AM

So maybe we should take it easy on gwp for a while? Umm, nah!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

And good day to you...I'm almost afraid to respond to

May 9, 2013, 8:30 AM

him and his allies, lest it become another, "Let's beat up on the older guy" day...almost, that is. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't worry, you know I've got your back. Those bullies

May 9, 2013, 8:43 AM

need to be taught a good lesson!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Don't worry, you know I've got your back. Those bullies

May 9, 2013, 8:44 AM

What are you trying to do get a cub scout badge for helping out the old #######?

null

Doubt it, but I'm certain he will be soon working toward

May 9, 2013, 1:45 PM

his Eagle Scout Merit Badge for "Teaching the Young the Error of their Ways." You might want to volunteer as his subject. lol

Re: Sardonic melodrama at its worst...often referred to as

May 9, 2013, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Sardonic melodrama at its worst...often referred to as ]

The Onion is not "media", it's satire. Your threshold of what's OK to satirize may be lower than average. The Onion certainly doesn't hold back on most contemporary issues.

Tebow is a big boy. I'm sure he can handle the teasing.

Gator Soup for the Heisman Soul. ******

May 9, 2013, 8:02 AM

Tim Tebow I promise you is somewhere doing what God wants

May 9, 2013, 9:02 AM

him to do and knows that God has a plan for his life. Football or otherwise he will be fine because he has an understanding of what it means to trust God and lean not on your own understanding.

Tim's actions have born fruit

May 9, 2013, 12:52 PM

you can't deny what's seen. Maybe NY wasn't in God's plan for Tebow. Or the nfl.

Promises are only a nice gesture if your own actions are not behind them.

Only God knows the heart of man.

May 9, 2013, 9:26 AM

I am not a fan of his or a hater, but he has a Heisman and 2 national championships... and he made it to the NFL even if it wasnt for long. That is WAY more than any of us can even dream about.

Child of God is never forgotten!

May 9, 2013, 10:18 AM

HE will bounce back and his faith will be stronger.

Replies: 25
| visibility 2,693
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic