Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tim Bourret question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,384

Tim Bourret question

Jan 28, 2018, 5:01 PM

Over the past few says I’ve heard writers, radio hosts and Clemson admin fawning over Tim Bourret. Saying he is the best there is. I don’t mean this question in any negative way but what does he do that makes him the best there is? I’m really just uneducated and uniformed when it comes to what a SID does.

Thanks in advance

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can tell***

Jan 28, 2018, 5:17 PM

As an example

Jan 28, 2018, 5:19 PM

“Clemson over the past 700 rushing attempts, when the sky is blue, the temperature is under 85 degrees and the running back isn’t touched until 7 yards past the line of scrimmage the tigers have scored on 87% of their rushes.”

No one else give you stats like this. I mean come on man. It’s obvious.

Re: As an example

Jan 28, 2018, 5:34 PM

That’s the problem with this board. Someone asks a legitimate question about what someone role in their job is and you get smart remarks

Jan 28, 2018, 5:49 PM

Understand your frustration. Did you get my response on your duplicate post? JG didn’t have to put the obvious pun in there but he is correct in that he (Tim) is a walking encyclopedia of stats for Clemson, but the importance to that is when an ESPN announcer needed that kind of stats, tb could give it to them on the spot and probably add much more to it. Hence my other post that Clemson gets a good reputation from people like that...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2018, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: As an example ]

Meant to add that’s why people in the profession say he’s the best. And if you don’t read dh article tb never treated big shots or little shots different. He respected everyone just the same. A rare breed theseese days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2018, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: As an example ]

Meant to add that’s why people in the profession say he’s the best. And if you don’t read dh article tb never treated big shots or little shots different. He respected everyone just the same. A rare breed theseese days.

Knowing all the quirky stats

Jan 28, 2018, 6:59 PM [ in reply to As an example ]

Is a personality trait of most SIDs. I've worked with several in different universities. They are usually the nerdy numbers type who love that stuff. Usually big baseball fans too

SID is a combination publicist, media liason

Jan 28, 2018, 5:35 PM

historian, editor of publications, often times writer, coach caretaker, press box coordinator, and in Tim's case, broadcaster, among many other things

Re: SID is a combination publicist, media liason

Jan 28, 2018, 5:56 PM

Tim also had an excellent tutor. Bob Bradley was a master at digging out nuggets to pass along to the press, things that few if any person would probably do or think about as being important. Those little tidbits we see and hear that cause us to say, "I didn't know that". Tim became a master at this. Tim would also go back in the past and develop a story that provided us a bit of history about our sports program. An above post outlines some of Tim's responsibilities.

Many years ago, the SID was referred to as the "Tub-thumper". His job at that time was to get information to the public in the days before there were hordes of reporters standing at his door. In the sports pages of newspapers these little tidbits were "fillers", just enough words to fill up the space at the end of a column.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tim Bourret question

Jan 28, 2018, 5:43 PM

He is the one who provides statistics, team and player notes and other information about a college or university's sports teams to the news media and general public.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2018, 5:44 PM

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2018, 6:45 PM

Just to add , TB is probably at his job as Dabo is at his job . He's probably a genius level of intelligence .

Also, you don't don't last 40 years at the same school unless you're doing something very well .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank You! been wondering myself

Jan 28, 2018, 6:19 PM

I'm sure TB is the best at what he does...I know he's good at rattling stats, starting and stopping a press conference & player/coaches interviews.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tom is very very

Jan 28, 2018, 6:26 PM

Very positive about everything Clemson. Something many of you could be also

He's certainly top notch when it comes to SIDs

Jan 28, 2018, 6:47 PM

His longevity is what gives him a lot of clout.

But there are many SIDs around the country just as good. Just with fewer years experience. The rattling stats off doesn't exactly impress me because really that's kinda his job. It's the job of every SID in the country.

A lot more to his job than spewing stats, and by all accounts

Jan 28, 2018, 7:03 PM

he is one of the best at all of it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,384
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic