Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers sweep Seminoles to capture first division title since 2006
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

May 22, 2010, 6:49 PM

By virtue of the Tigers' three-game sweep over Florida State, Clemson captured its first division title since 2006 and improved to 37-19 on the season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers sweep Seminoles to capture first division title since 2006

May 22, 2010, 8:20 PM

Anyone who has not gone to the 1st base extension and talked with this bunch of fine GENTLEMEN does not know THE CLEMSON EXPERIENCE. They are what we are all about. You can fault coaches,but you cannot fault the character that they bring to US. Go guys!!!!You make me proud to be a TIGER....

Isn't there a "regular season" champ in ACC baseball?

May 22, 2010, 9:07 PM

Sorry, but I'm not a big baseball fan. Can somebody help me out here? In ACC baseball is there no "regular season" champ like in football? Is the only ACC baseball champ the ACC tournament champ? If so then the regular season seems terribly devalued since there's not much reward for being the division champ or for being better than the 8th best team in the league. So UVA can go 23-7 during the regular season, while BC goes 14-16, but if BC gets lucky for 3 lousy games during the tournament, BC becomes the ACC champs with a 17-17 ACC record? That doesn't make any sense to me. Am I getting this wrong? Would somebody please explain?

Re: Isn't there a "regular season" champ in ACC baseball?

May 22, 2010, 9:16 PM

UVA is the coastal champ, CU is the Atlantic champ and whoever wins the tourney is the ACC champ.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well there's not a conference football tourney so that's why

May 22, 2010, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Isn't there a "regular season" champ in ACC baseball? ]

the regular season and now the title game winner wins the league. There's not a regular season champ in basketball though so in theory the same thing can happen there as in baseball!

This is why your post to point ratio is somewhat low...***

May 23, 2010, 12:52 AM

and enlighten me on why that is please?***

May 23, 2010, 1:26 AM

The ACC Champion is determined at the tournament...

May 23, 2010, 1:01 AM [ in reply to Isn't there a "regular season" champ in ACC baseball? ]

there is no "regular season champion" in any sport. The only sport that doesn't have a tournament (that I know of) is volleyball. Volleyball plays a double round robin with everybody and the team with the best record is the ACC Champion.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic