Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers have NEVER LOST 5
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Tigers have NEVER LOST 5

Jul 20, 2013, 7:01 PM

consecutive games to SCar. That is significant. If what the Coot faithful say is true and they are built differently , expect ro win yadayada different cuture yadayada , then win a fifth one and shut Clemson fans up.
Clemson has to stop the bleeding . We beat the teams that SCar cannot (LSU-AU-FSU) and yet have failed miserably four straight years against the Coots. I for one do not see any reason to believe that we do not have a team for them , but they have gotten our number as of late. Have the Coots turned a corner in this rivalry..not quite yet. They have made runs of 4 straight a few times before ....but never 5.
Lets go down to Cola and break that thumb off in 'em !
65-41-4 is the rivalries standing count. Historically we have run things in the palmetto state , so let this year set things right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Tigers have NEVER LOST 5

Jul 20, 2013, 7:09 PM

Tell Dabo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

email has been sent.

Jul 20, 2013, 7:10 PM

I think he gets it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Get over yerself

Jul 20, 2013, 7:19 PM

bigger fish to fry .

Seriously, so small minded

The SCar game is the most important game of the season.

Jul 20, 2013, 8:48 PM

Hands down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

LOL, I hope you are not serious

Jul 20, 2013, 9:19 PM

I have repected yiou in the past

Uh. I'm dead serious. 9 out of 10 Clemson fans will agree

Jul 20, 2013, 9:29 PM

with me.

The USuC game is the biggest and most important of the year. I'd trade two wins to turn that USuC loss into a W. People may disagree with me on that but I hate them more than most.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sad...In the overall scheme of things they

Jul 20, 2013, 9:36 PM

insignificant.

The program is.

Win each game
Win the division
Win the ACC
Go to BCS
Contend

Re: Pretty sad...In the overall scheme of things they

Jul 21, 2013, 1:14 AM

Those aren't the team goals. They are and always have been:

Win the opener
Win the division
Win the state championship
Win the ACC
Win the bowl game

Hay wait a minute, aint you one of them there imposters

Jul 20, 2013, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Uh. I'm dead serious. 9 out of 10 Clemson fans will agree ]

been away a while, could have been duped

Re: The SCar game is the most important game of the season.

Jul 21, 2013, 10:03 PM [ in reply to The SCar game is the most important game of the season. ]

The most important game is:

Aug 31st!! Win that game, and our boys will have every confidence to win out....to include the dirtpeckers in the cockroach!!

Beating the Dawgs sets the tone. The game has National implications right out the gate and both teams know it!

Get'em ready Dabo!!

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

later in this thread, i see why you say this, but you living

Jul 21, 2013, 4:10 AM [ in reply to Get over yerself ]

way out in texas means that you don't have to listen to them 24/7,365. i think, if you were back here in good 'ol south kakilaky, you would see our point of view about these ### gamechickens!

Actually I got a huge dose of that at last fall's game

Jul 21, 2013, 8:09 PM

renewed my disdain for them.....glad I don't have to deal with that level of humanity, and I use that term loosely, daily

They never will

Jul 20, 2013, 7:58 PM

Go tigers

Jul 20, 2013, 9:31 PM

the really sad part is - if we lose this year, then it's probably going to 7 or 8 in a row before we break the streak. Losing Boyd after this year is going to have a serious impact on our system next year. I bet nobody thinks about that - huh?

THIS is why we do NOT need to develop a habit of losing to those chickens. THIS year is do-or-die.

Seems to me that habit is in place.

Jul 20, 2013, 9:35 PM

But that's ok because we're beating NC State and playing for ACC Championships right?

Streaking - you left out a couple more....

Jul 20, 2013, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Tigers have NEVER LOST 5 ]

Watkins will be gone as well, but the bigger loss could be Morris. The number of interviews at the end of last season makes me think he may actually get an offer after this season. Whether or not he'll take it likely depends on the school and the money.

The other factor no one talks about is that SCAR has 4 seniors on scholly this year. Clowney will be gone, and that is huge, but essentially everyone else returns.

Jul 20, 2013, 9:37 PM

We can't win a national championship without beating usuc. A loss in the last game of the season, not counting CCG will pretty much assure us of being out of contention.

essentially

Jul 20, 2013, 10:00 PM

who ? The dude Chaz Sutton and Mike Davis ? They are going to sniff our jocks starting in November . Next year we will be very very good, again.

DB23

Jul 20, 2013, 10:07 PM

Great point about what stops the winning streak if it gets to 5, 6, 7, 8??

I am so caught up in the great recruiting I forgot about Tajh, Sammy and Morris possibly all leaving.

That's a big hit, no 5 star recruits are going to make up for that loss in one year or even 3. Surely Dabo has planned for this.

Jul 21, 2013, 11:37 PM

A good program will rebuild. Losing Sammy and Tajh and potentially Morris (although at this point I expect him to be around for another couple years before he goes for a big job) would hurt. That's a huge chunk of your offense, but by that time we will still have a lot of experience on defense to help balance it all out. Watson and Kelly and hopefully Stoudt too will battle for the starting QB spot and there are enough wide receiver and running back weapons that I am not worried about that as much as some.

Our recruiting

Jul 20, 2013, 10:11 PM

has exceeded USuc recruiting in 2011/2012 and most certainly 2013.
Coach em' up is the cry of Coot fans ...but to win races you have to have rhe right horses.
Change starts in November in this "rivalry".

DB23

agreed. we had the better team last yr. and let the game

Jul 21, 2013, 4:12 AM

get away. that won't happen this year. we own the roach, so we'll just go down there and collect our rent!

YEP /\^^^^***

Jul 21, 2013, 7:12 AM

DB23

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic