Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers Self Destruct in Atlanta
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Oct 29, 2005, 8:12 PM

Clemson shot itself in the foot so many times Saturday that they returned from Atlanta toeless. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers Self Destruct in Atlanta

Oct 29, 2005, 8:57 PM

I have a great Idea . . . Fire Tommy Bowden and get a new coach that will prepare for a victory!!!

Oct 29, 2005, 10:55 PM

Of course...its all Tommy Bowden's fault. Apparently everything that isn't George Bush's fault is Tommy Bowden's fault.

Oct 29, 2005, 11:28 PM

Well.... Gas is $3/ gallon and the Clemson Tigers are 2-4 in the ACC. Who do you wanna blame? The Easter Bunny?

Oct 30, 2005, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Tigers Self Destruct in Atlanta ]

maby if charlie wouldnt look at one side of the field, and not be a moron like when its 4th down and he throws it to a covered man who is under the marker, we would get some1 where. I hate this....it is stupid to only look at 1 or 2 COVERED WRs, when you have wide open people. also lets not run the same play over and over and over and over and over when it gets you no where. the past three road games i have been to is GT, WAKE, and DUKE, we should have beat them all; by several TD'S

Oct 29, 2005, 9:48 PM

Just got back from the game and how else can i say it but like this...."How Dissapointing" To see 2 fumbles by QB Charlie Whitehurst in the 1st quarter and still see him in the game is AWFUL. Now i believe the reason teams have a back up QB is to play them if the 1st string QB isn't productive or making mistakes. But once again no sign of Will Proctor. Leaves you to second guess Tommy Bowden once again. The run by Reggie was great in the 1st half, but Clemson's failure to pass or set up for a pass or at least play action had Georgia Tech playing close and expecting the run, so we went from moving the ball on the ground easily to not being able to get into the endzone in situations like 3rd and GOAL. Clemson's next to last drive they were 4th and 8yds to go and the did a 4yd slant pass, no let me see I am not a multi-million dollar coach but 8-4=4 and does NOT make enough for the 1st down. But clearly Clemson still plays conservative on both sides of the ball, and we don't use the full potential of our players. We have a good QB and fast recievers that can burn a lot of ACC Defensive Backs, but we choose to run run run, or short pass, i think the team hasn't fully trusted Charlie after last years 17 INTs and onbly 6 TD passes. When Aaron Kelly did not get into the endzone on the return kick for 85yds i thought O NO, its Clemson redzone time, which hasn't been that hot this year, and after penelties from both teams it left Clemson 4th and GOAL and we set up for the field goal to make it 9-10 Georgia Tech with 5mins left in the 4th quarter, in simple terms NOT PLAYING TO WIN!!!! Which Tiger fans have heard a bunch.

Oct 30, 2005, 5:26 PM

So the players decided to run 4 plays from that "bunch up" formation (you know, the one that hasn't worked in the last 7 years) from the 6 yard line??? I watched it on TV and I saw Tommy waste both the time outs. That wasn't the players. It's hard to admit, but we made a mistake with this guy. Lucky for Alabama.... Unlucky for us. Bottom Line... We are bottom feeders in ths easy side of the ACC with a big fat 2-4 record.

Oct 30, 2005, 1:50 AM

This SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Oct 30, 2005, 1:38 AM

I watched this entire game with a dozen other Tiger alums and as a group this is our evaluation: This game was NOT lost by the coaches or the plays they called. This game was lost by the players who simply did not execute. Charley's early fumbles were NOT TB's fault. At least three point blank passes dropped were NOT Coach Spence's fault. A wide reciever (or tight end?) standing on the side line when he was supposed to be in the game negating a perfect pass into the end zone might be considered a coaching error, but these are big boys who should know by now where they are supposed to be and when. Coach could easily be seen reading Charlie the riot act after that silly 5 yard pass when they needed seven yards . . . unless one expects Tommy to suit up and go pass it himself, the QB on the field MUST be accountable. Bottom line, the game plan today worked perfectly, WHEN THE PLAYERS DID THEIR JOBS! Reggie ran better than at any time we can remember because the line, for the most part, blocked very well. And while we are at it, let's let the ref's off the hook too . . . they missed enough calls to the benefit of BOTH teams . . . We also agree with one of the previous poster's who suggested that maybe Will Proctor should have seen action . . . maybe next game . . . Coaches coach and players need to perform . . . thanks for letting this very disappointed Tiger vent.

Oct 30, 2005, 12:31 PM

I have a hard time understanding why Proctor did not see playing time when Whitehurst did not practice much this week. Proctor needs to have playing time. I played sports in high and college and if I did not practice I did not get to start. If players are struggling then others should be given a chance to play. If any other player on the team would have fumbled twice then Boweden would have benched them. I feel that Whitehusrt should be benched when he is making constant mistakes. Thanks for letting me vent. I am tired of hearing how good are but he continuely to lose games.

Dito!***

Oct 30, 2005, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Tigers Self Destruct in Atlanta ]

Re: Dito!***

Nov 1, 2005, 12:31 PM

I agree with majority of the responses. We should really have only 1 loss which was Miami and maybe the Wake game. The problem we really have is that we are just not agressive and play only to keep a lead rather than racking up points on the scoreboard. When BC tied the game and we had a little over a min. left, we didn't go for the win, instead we played for overtime and lost. With the athletes we have, we should be sitting towards the top of the ACC.

Re: Dito!***

Nov 3, 2005, 12:48 PM

"With the athletes we have" we should be sitting about where we are now....the fact it could have gone differently is a credit to the team and the coaches.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic