Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Perspective for Buckeye fans lurking here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Perspective for Buckeye fans lurking here

Dec 30, 2019, 9:20 AM

I’ve seen a lot of classy posts so this isn’t meant to be a broad brush on everyone. That said, I have lost count of how many times I’ve seen comments that the better team didn’t win Saturday night. Memo to those fans: your team was “better” for about 20 minutes of the game. Then the Clemson Tigers got off the mat and went 29-7. The better team handled adversity, made some critical defensive stops in the red zone, and FINISHED THE GAME. That’s what a “better team” does.

We hear a lot about championship DNA. Clemson has it. Whining about officiating and your athletic director making an ### about of himself on Twitter, simply illustrates that you aren’t on the same level. You have a great team and potentially are on the verge of something great... but not if your program keeps this up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pretty simple...

Dec 30, 2019, 9:23 AM

whining, b!tc#ing and moaning about the officials by the coaches, the AD, and the fans is a losers mentality.

Winners, on the other hand, simply find a way to win.

Ohio State played a great game, especially for about 25 minutes, but at the end of the day, the better team absolutely won.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Thank goodness Clemson fans never complain about refs

Dec 30, 2019, 9:41 AM

Or it’s been 3 years and folks still crying about the Pitt game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank goodness Clemson fans never complain about refs

Dec 30, 2019, 9:45 AM

I was there and to me, that game is history.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No reason to complain...

Dec 30, 2019, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Thank goodness Clemson fans never complain about refs ]

The officials in the Pitt game completely screwed Clemson and no amount of b!tc#ing, moaning, whining and complaining is going to change that.

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank goodness Clemson fans never complain about refs

Dec 30, 2019, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Thank goodness Clemson fans never complain about refs ]

Are you literally comparing a game played with refs from neither conference with no conflict of interest to a game head reffed by a graduate of one of the school's main in state rival, a conflict of interest that the ACC themselves acted on by banning his entire team from reffing another game of said rival? Not smart.

It's pretty simple

Dec 30, 2019, 9:28 PM

whining, b!tc#ing and moaning about the officials by the coaches, the AD, and the fans is a losers mentality.

(see the previous poster ... all true)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TigerNet’s “GoFundMe” page to pay off refs was successful

Dec 30, 2019, 9:25 AM

beyond all expectations.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TigerNet’s “GoFundMe” page to pay off refs was successful

Dec 30, 2019, 9:27 AM

?? the coots and bucks will think you’re serious.

I do not regard opinions of those I wouldn't ask for advise.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:32 AM

Dabo paraphrased

If you can't take a joke... Lunge

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone concerned that our “GoFundMe” page to pay refs

Dec 30, 2019, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: TigerNet’s “GoFundMe” page to pay off refs was successful ]

In the National Championship game will only be up for two weeks. We might have to ask for a special offering at New Springs?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TigerNet’s “GoFundMe” page to pay off refs was successful

Dec 30, 2019, 9:28 AM [ in reply to TigerNet’s “GoFundMe” page to pay off refs was successful ]

I hope all the money went to the guys in the booth.

Yes it was.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:31 AM [ in reply to TigerNet’s “GoFundMe” page to pay off refs was successful ]

SEC refs are expensive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon man !!!!

Dec 30, 2019, 9:39 AM [ in reply to TigerNet’s “GoFundMe” page to pay off refs was successful ]

Everybody knows that was New South.

;)

down 16-0 and saw him getting a little down. I whisper,

Dec 30, 2019, 9:52 AM

"son, I've seen many games start out like this and turn around. Clemson will be okay."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: down 16-0 and saw him getting a little down. I whisper,

Dec 30, 2019, 11:46 AM

I did the same with my 13 year old. Also switched seats and it all turned around!

My oldest was out of town w mom.

Dec 30, 2019, 12:13 PM [ in reply to down 16-0 and saw him getting a little down. I whisper, ]

But he texted me in 2nd qt quite frustrated and I said “don’t worry, we are Clemson we got this”

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: down 16-0 and saw him getting a little down. I whisper,

Dec 30, 2019, 12:17 PM [ in reply to down 16-0 and saw him getting a little down. I whisper, ]

My wife and kids are in Jersey to celebrate New Year's with her mom. She texts me at 8:38 Saturday night asking what's going on with the Tigers? (Forgive her, she is a Tiger fan by marriage and had no collegiate allegiances prior). I simply replied that Ohio State is a good team but there was a lot of time left in the game. And reminded her to have patience Grasshopper. Lord I'm glad that text aged well. :)

'Better teams' also don't take cheap shots. They

Dec 30, 2019, 9:59 AM

don't have to. The better team won, the better culture won, the better coach won.

Take your crying back to Ohio, lick your wounds, and ####.

Re: 'Better teams' also don't take cheap shots. They

Dec 30, 2019, 9:51 PM

Take their crying back to ohio and for good measure take all their transplanted citizens back too.

It wouldn't be a Clemson post season

Dec 30, 2019, 12:10 PM

If we weren't hearing some excuse as to why Clemson won, but wasn't really the best team. Same chit, different year.

It's kind of sad they set themselves up for greatness but...

Dec 30, 2019, 9:55 PM

...squandered it by whinning and being tools by claiming there was an SEC conspiracy.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic