Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rivals report on KJ Henry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

Rivals report on KJ Henry

Jul 31, 2017, 9:09 PM

"It’s hard to pinpoint the deciding factor because it will likely be a combination of things. A lot of his decision will have to do with how he will be used on the field. Henry has great relationships with players and coaches at all five schools but one of the big wildcards could be a potential job offer for his father. Many schools have been known to go this route in the past."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Rivals report on KJ Henry

Jul 31, 2017, 9:11 PM

The longer he waits the worse our chances are IMO. It seems like he may be playing games.

Jul 31, 2017, 9:13 PM

Not much we can do if they hire his dad oh well we will get the next 5 ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought there was a new rule

Jul 31, 2017, 9:14 PM

about offering jobs to people tied to recruits? Harbaugh and all, ya know

affects HS coaches more

Jul 31, 2017, 9:19 PM

but a team can hire a player's dad if he becomes one of the ten on-field coaches. Only SCar or VTech are in the position to do this. But I also think Alabama or UGA may play ball.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: affects HS coaches more

Jul 31, 2017, 11:46 PM

I don't think Bama is likely to do that. Say what you want about him, but Saban isn't beholden to any recruit. He'll just go get the next top guy next year.

To me, these words aren't great. TW, you seem like you have a pretty solid connection to the team, so do you have any insight as to how the staff may feel about these comments?

Staff doesn't think it will be a factor in the long run.

Jul 31, 2017, 11:51 PM

We'll see what happens in December. That's when the 10th coach can be officially hired.

Re: Staff doesn't think it will be a factor in the long run.

Aug 1, 2017, 12:03 AM

Thanks. I just don't like this. It feels grimy. Henry went out of his way to say they aren't a package deal, but then suggested it would be a big boost for any team that hires his dad. I think I may be feeling a bit caught off guard because I don't think I've ever seen anything said so publicly like this...at least not since I've been following recruiting. It just doesn't feel right.

NCAA just added a 10th on-field coach.

Aug 1, 2017, 12:05 AM

Timing for KJ's dad couldn't be better.

Re: NCAA just added a 10th on-field coach.

Aug 1, 2017, 12:08 AM

I probably already know the answer since it looks like most everything in KJ's recruitment has been well planned, but do you know what his dad's stance is on being hired by one of his 5 finalists?

Re: NCAA just added a 10th on-field coach.

Aug 1, 2017, 12:28 AM

That I don't know for sure.

That rule applies to high school coaches

Jul 31, 2017, 9:21 PM [ in reply to I thought there was a new rule ]

Pops is a college coach. Although going from Charlotte to uscjr is a demotion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think too much is being made of this

I think he will go where he truly wants to go

Maybe he will punk the coots and pick us despite them hiring his pops

Whoever hires dad will land him.***

Seriously?

Jul 31, 2017, 9:37 PM

It sounded like he was trying to diffuse that notion. Unless he is blatantly saying that to downplay the importance of his dads job offers...

Re: Seriously?

Jul 31, 2017, 9:57 PM

KJ's dad has been to Columbia by himself.

Even so...

Jul 31, 2017, 10:02 PM

That doesn't necessarily mean KJ will jump on a grenade just to land his dad a job. I think he recognizes what Clemson has to offer.

Unless he is just being sly about it? But it did sounds like he made an effort to reiterate that they arent a package deal

Re: Even so...

Jul 31, 2017, 10:03 PM

You're going through mental gymnastics here.

A team is not going to hire his dad unless they know they're getting Henry.

True, good point

Jul 31, 2017, 10:06 PM

That's s shame. I didn't expect his recruitment will play out like that. I guess only time will tell

Re: True, good point

Jul 31, 2017, 11:08 PM

Can't really blame KJ. If he's in a position to get his father a better job legally, he has every right to do that.

Muschamp has 3-4 years to try and be successful. He needs players like KJ very badly. He's not thinking long-term, he wants to win today. It's a gamble but definitely worth it if you're Will Muschamp.

Re: Whoever hires dad will land him.***

Aug 1, 2017, 5:50 AM [ in reply to Whoever hires dad will land him.*** ]

Soooooo, if Wake Forest offered his dad a job and he took it, Henry to WF???

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that's what it takes to get him for Muschamp then more power to them. He'd be an immediate starter and impact player for them and he will then win about 20 games in 3 years and go to mediocre bowls and go pro.

Clemson, however he'd have no guarantee he starts right away but out DE depth isn't the best, so he would definitely see the field as a freshman and develop into a starter while being in a position to play for championships every year.

DE depth...? You might want to check that....***

Aug 1, 2017, 3:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DE depth...? You might want to check that....***

Aug 1, 2017, 5:23 PM

Do tell.

do they have a job opening ?***

Jul 31, 2017, 9:20 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they may have one spot open.***

Jul 31, 2017, 9:21 PM

Jul 31, 2017, 9:25 PM

Only chance they have to get him.

Jul 31, 2017, 9:26 PM

It's why they will do it.

Jul 31, 2017, 9:30 PM

TDubs , I agree with you man . I think if USuC or VT were to give his father a coaching position then that is where he would eventually commit .
It's a #### poor way to do business in my opinion but neither of those schools can beat us right now so that's my only solace in maybe losing KJ to either of them .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 31, 2017, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Rivals report on KJ Henry ]

I really hope we do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Jul 31, 2017, 10:58 PM

yes - maybe you'll average 6 wins a yr versus the 5 that will consistently be inevitable.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aug 1, 2017, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Rivals report on KJ Henry ]

Win at all cost right?

Jul 31, 2017, 9:35 PM

Must be great going to bed at night knowing that the only reason you got a job was because of your son

Petty.***

Aug 1, 2017, 3:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2017, 9:38 PM

I would hate to lose kj but we might. I read somewhere usuck is trying to hire his dad. But even so we have 2 ends and 2 dt's this class. And we have a shot at the top end in the next class.

Tiger Woods remember when we lost R. Nkemdiche?

Jul 31, 2017, 10:01 PM

I really think should apply for a job at TCI. You would really fit in that site. Better yet maybe I'll get a subscription to all the Clemson sites and come back to Tigernet and pretend like I'm a recruiting guru with connections. Let it play out. Mouth Carolina is going 4-7 and Boom is goinna be on the hot seat. Contrary to posts I've read the longer KJ holds out the more it favors us. We will win 11+, coots will win 5-. Chill out and let it play out.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

I quoted rivals***

Jul 31, 2017, 10:04 PM

And you're a non-donor to Tigernet.

Jul 31, 2017, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Tiger Woods remember when we lost R. Nkemdiche? ]

Why are you talking?

K. I'll be more like you.

Jul 31, 2017, 10:31 PM

I'll get subscriptions, donate to Tigernet, and become a recruiting guru all from my I-phone. You really think KJ or his dad will go there after they go 4-7? Better yet let me rephrase that, are you ready to pop the champagne on that?

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

I'm a guru

Jul 31, 2017, 10:33 PM

of research. Nothing more.

Why so hostile?

Aug 1, 2017, 4:45 PM [ in reply to K. I'll be more like you. ]

Good grief dood

I also remember losing Nkemdiche

Jul 31, 2017, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Tiger Woods remember when we lost R. Nkemdiche? ]

Everyone was in denial until the moment he decommitted.

So easy to see his mom was being paid off.

Pretty easy to see what is happening with KJ Henry.

wonder if Michigan has a surprise high paying opening

Jul 31, 2017, 10:18 PM

come January? New top 5?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think they filled up with Gary's coaches.***

Jul 31, 2017, 10:19 PM

Re: Tiger Woods remember when we lost R. Nkemdiche?

Aug 1, 2017, 12:08 AM [ in reply to Tiger Woods remember when we lost R. Nkemdiche? ]

Really dude?

Hey bowldoosh - what exactly do YOU add to this site ??

Aug 1, 2017, 6:31 AM [ in reply to Tiger Woods remember when we lost R. Nkemdiche? ]

Certainly not money, freeloader.

TW is willing to do research and let's us know about it in a well-written, straight forward way - with some of his thoughts mixed in.

I appreciate it because it is research that I don't wanna do.

So - again - what exactly do you bring ????

Yeah - I thought so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

^^^^^LOL

Aug 1, 2017, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Tiger Woods remember when we lost R. Nkemdiche? ]

Lighten up, Francis

Re: Tiger Woods remember when we lost R. Nkemdiche?

Aug 1, 2017, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Tiger Woods remember when we lost R. Nkemdiche? ]

Dude, take a lap.

Jul 31, 2017, 10:10 PM

If we lose him because of that so be it. He's not gonna take them anywhere. Then next yr is loaded with studs as well especially Nolan Smith, Pickens, Fann, and etc. If it takes them hiring a recruits dad to land them its sad.

Jul 31, 2017, 10:31 PM

He lives 2-3 miles from me and his folks are great people and they love Dabo and Clemson. The way he runs the program and loves his players plus his character and his trust in Jesus and His Grace and Mercy means so much to their family.

Unless something major changes he will be a Tiger, they won't be bought or convinced by anything other than the truth. From everything I know we can relax on KJ I believe they will be Tigers going by all that I have heard. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 31, 2017, 10:35 PM

Love your post.

But I don't think they're a bad family. If an opportunity comes for his father, that is great for them. Nothing immoral about it. Clemson has to decide if it's worth it. SCar may believe it is and nothing wrong with that.

Jul 31, 2017, 10:55 PM

All I can say is you always keep it real (Especially about Recruiting) and I Respect that Tiger Woods! Thumbs Up!

Aug 1, 2017, 3:44 PM

I saw that opinion of the Rivals writer. KJ said hiring his dad is no guarantee he'll go to that school.

I think he's a Clemson Tiger. :)

here's what I'm trying to figure....if you're trying to get

Aug 1, 2017, 5:34 PM

pops a sweet gig - why would you narrow the options to 5? does pops already have the offer 'verbally'? Only thing that makes cents - or scents.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not saying it's true, but if it is.....

Aug 1, 2017, 7:44 PM

I would tell Henry, GOOD BYE!

and, well... Good luck

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic