Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Pro Golfers at The AT&T Pro-Am
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,412

Tiger Pro Golfers at The AT&T Pro-Am

Feb 7, 2020, 9:35 AM

Jonathan Byrd leads our 6 Tiger pros at -4 after a 67 at Monterrey Peninsula, which is good for a tie for 12th. DJ and Sam played the same course but didn't fare as well, DJ at even and Sam at +6. Lucas fired a 2-under 70 at Pebble Beach, while Ben was even par at the same course. Doc was the only Tiger golfer at Spyglass, and was +1. Kyle did not play.

Lots of work to do today as the cut line could be as low as -4.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Tiger Pro Golfers at The AT&T Pro-Am

Feb 7, 2020, 9:59 AM

I played Spyglass once. I remember the ice plant. It is like trying to hit out of a tire.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2020, 10:26 AM

I played there once, also. Most of the ice plant is on the first several holes, close to the ocean. I don’t remember much, if any, once you turn back to the inland holes. It was my favorite of all the Robert Trent Jones courses I’ve been able to play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2020, 11:05 AM

Wonderful course but tough! Last time I played it my playing partner birdied three of the four par 3's and missed a 15' putt for birdie on the last par 3. I think I played the worse round of my life there! I've played Pebble Beach three times and birdied #17 2 of the 3 rounds ..... although one was a chip in from a few feet off the green.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pebble is on my bucket list

Feb 7, 2020, 11:35 AM

but it'll probably never happen. No round of golf is worth $550 to me.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feb 7, 2020, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Pro Golfers at The AT&T Pro-Am ]

I played PB twice while I was out there and came within a couple of inches of making an ace on 12. I had a camera with me, and somewhere in my house is a picture of me marking my ball by the hole.

Feb 7, 2020, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Pro Golfers at The AT&T Pro-Am ]

I still have nightmares about "chipping" (hacking?) out of the ice plant to those crowned, fast, small greens ! What a beautiful setting though.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cut won't come until Saturday since they play 3 courses.***

Feb 7, 2020, 10:41 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2020, 11:28 AM

Just showed Byrd's opening tee shot. Someone shouted out Go Tigers to him as he began walking off. :)

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1225811600453578752

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2020, 9:48 PM

Is Spyglass part of Pebble Beach or a totally separate course? Would play Pebble if the fee was $200 but it's out of my range. Most I've paid was $75 for a course in south Jersey in the early 90s.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,412
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic