Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Golf
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,950

Tiger Golf

May 28, 2016, 10:08 PM

Now in a 5 way tie for 15th...with three teams still on the course. One is above and two are well below them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Golf

May 28, 2016, 10:11 PM

Only top 15 advance to tomorrow, correct?

Then top 8 for match play?

May 28, 2016, 10:15 PM

You are correct, top 15 after tomorrow's 3rd round advance. Still, Tigers are in good position.

May 28, 2016, 10:28 PM

Currently Clemson is tied for 16 and SCar is tied for 12. We still play this same format tomorrow right. Then they pull top fifteen teams after Sunday Am I correct, I don't have a clue

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

May 28, 2016, 10:34 PM

Currently we are tied for 15th....

The 30 teams will play three rounds, Friday-Sunday at the par 70 Eugene Country Club Course that was designed by Robert Trent Jones in 1965. After three rounds the field will be cut to the top 15 teams and six individuals. After four rounds the individual champion will be crowned and the top eight teams will advance to match play. The quarterfinals and semifinals of match play will be completed on Tuesday and the National Championship match will be Wednesday, June 2.

May 28, 2016, 11:02 PM

After Sunday's play they will cut the fields to 15 teams. Do they again play a stroke tournament before the match play?

I have a correction to what I posted earlier

May 29, 2016, 12:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Golf ]

whith all teams finished Clemson is finished the second round tied for 15th. The peckers are in eleventh. This tournament will wind down tomorrow with a declared Winner.They then take the top 15 teams and I assume(?) stroke play some more days? After that the field will be cut to eight teams who will play match play. Is this the format

we are in great position for a top 8 spot.

May 28, 2016, 10:46 PM

Team golf only about 7 shots back. That's nothing in 36 holes

May 29, 2016, 12:47 AM

Evidently none of you posting about the Tiger Golf team at the NCAA Championship have a clue about the new format devised a few years ago. Now , a cut is made after 54 holes & the top 8 teams go to a match play format. It is a three day event with 1 playing 8, 2 playing 7, 3 playing 6, 4 playing 5 with the winners advancing each day to crown the eventual champion. So for our Tigers to have a chance for match play they must finish in the top 8. We are currently 5 shots out of 8th. We probably will need to shoot
4/5 under par on Sunday to have a chance ! Over the years with this format usually the team that has won the 54 hole stroke play has not won the title !! GO TIGERS!!!

May 29, 2016, 1:01 AM

Evidently you are a smart ### that think you know everything. Don't be so quick to write a check with your mouth that your ### can't cash.

OP is correct - cut to 15 teams after 3 days, then after four days, the individual stroke play champion is crowned and the top 8 teams go to match play.

So, we have one more round to get into the top 15, and if we do, then we try to reach the top 8 for match play.

May 29, 2016, 1:35 AM

Yes, You are correct. The field will be cut to 15 after Sundays round, & then to 8 after Mondays round.
Then the top 8 teams go into match play. Thanks for your correction !!!! I humbly apologize for posting misinformation ! Believe me, I should have known better !!! GO TIGERS!!

OOPS!

May 29, 2016, 9:03 AM

Mistakes happen!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: OOPS!

May 29, 2016, 9:10 AM

Only the NCAA and the sport of golf could team together to come up with such a system. How about tee it up, add it up, no cheating.

Re: OOPS!

May 29, 2016, 10:10 AM

Yes, amazing that the NCAA Golf Championship is decided by this format. There are just a few college match play tournaments played all year , so very few teams have even played in a match play format. If a team makes it to the finals ,they have had a practice round, then competed for 7 consecutive days. No other NCAA Championship that I am aware of has contestants playing/competing for 8 consecutive days. The NCAA does this in order to get television coverage of the finals. There has been a team that was behind by 30 strokes in the 72 stroke play tournament that actually won the Championship. I'm for playing 72 holes of stroke play to decide the Championship, but I don't get a vote! Hopefully our Tigers will play well enough today & tomorrow to make match play, & then go from there! Go Tigers !

May 29, 2016, 6:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Golf ]

Civil grad? That reply wasn't very civil.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,950
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic