Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Fans/Alum/Alumni only question...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Tiger Fans/Alum/Alumni only question...

Dec 13, 2019, 1:29 PM

When would you say or believe that that our Clemson FB program could have or should have been classified as an Elite college FB program? And below is a site to where you can look at our FB schedule each year with just a click on the years!!!

IMO, it all started right after the 2011 season and that terrible 70-33 loss to WV in the ORANGE BOWL, but it could be said that it all started in the 2011 season. But that depends on how the WV affected you. But to me, we began to be in a lower lever Elite status after 2011, and we became one of the top Elite teams when we played in but lost the NCG in 2015, and we have been at the top of the Elite teams ever since bc, we have continued to challenge for the very top spot every year up to today!!!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/228/season/2019

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Fans/Alum/Alumni only question...

Dec 13, 2019, 1:35 PM

The hiring of CBV is what really turned the FB program towards elite status. Still can't believe the idiot Sooners let him get away.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 1:52 PM

Not only did they let him go before hand they demoted him from DC to Co-DC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 3:09 PM

That was part of that blood is thicker than water deals that ended up clotting in their veins!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Fans/Alum/Alumni only question... ]

Couldn't agree more. Since Coach Venables showed up the Tigers are 8-2 in bowl games including 2 National Championships.

Dec 13, 2019, 1:37 PM

I would say we accomplished elite status in 2015, after becoming a top program in 2013.

There are lots of flash in the pan teams that pop up with a good season and win a conference title like we did in '11. Winning our conference didn't make us elite.

Beating LSU in '12 put people on notice, but winning the Peach Bowl doesn't make you elite.

After the Orange Bowl win in '13 we had a chance to move to elite status in '14, but we lost to FSU when we shouldn't have and then DW4 got hurt which cost us a couple more games.

In '15 we finally put it all together to show we were there. We won the close games to get us to the big games, and then we beat OK soundly and went toe-to-toe with Bama. After that everyone knew we were elite.

We confirmed it to the rest of the country the following season by finishing the job in the last game.

Dec 13, 2019, 3:12 PM

The beginning of becoming Elite, as in the lower level of being as an Elite....

Dec 13, 2019, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Fans/Alum/Alumni only question... ]

Well, TigersO pretty much put my thoughts to words already. Well said and +1 to you. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were elite in 1981 fo sho***

Dec 13, 2019, 1:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd say the day we named Dabo head coach.

Dec 13, 2019, 1:42 PM

Imo, the energy was potential before that. If a 20 ton rock sits on the mountain side it has potential to destroy everything in its path below. Clemson clearly had the potential being the University, AD and fans were all in place and the hiring of Dabo make the energy potential.

Each year velocity changed by natural force and the results has yet to be realized.

But what do you expect from me? I've always been a proud pumper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd say the day we named Dabo head coach.

Dec 13, 2019, 3:14 PM

I'm with you mainly bc I am allorangeallthetime!!!:)

Dec 13, 2019, 1:46 PM

Classified as lower elite, I would have to say when we beat LSU in the Peach Bowl. If we are talking about when did we begin our climb to elite, I would say the 09 season when we finally made it over the hump and played for the ACC championship. Even though the following year was somewhat of a let down, that season let everyone know we were back on the map and would be in the hearts and mind off the rest of the nation!

Dec 13, 2019, 1:57 PM

Yeah. I always think of the win over LSPU as the beginning of something special. We had a couple of bumps along the way in '13 and'14, but have been routinely great over the last 7 years.

I think we were a great team when we made the natty in 2015

Dec 13, 2019, 2:08 PM

I think we were elite when we made it back in 2016, and it was proven when we beat the best. Quite honestly, it was almost laughable after we won it in 2016 and Dabo said the best is yet to come. But dang if he wasn't right. What happened last year was as elite as it gets. And if we were to go 15-0 again this year...well that has to be considered one of the greatest runs in the history of the game.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^This

Dec 13, 2019, 2:35 PM

Back to back Natty appearances, and winning it all over the most dominant team of the decade. Anyone with a National Championship in the last 5 years I would consider a current elite team.

All time elite would have to have one within the past 20 years and probably at least 3-4 overall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we were a great team when we made the natty in 2015

Dec 13, 2019, 3:43 PM [ in reply to I think we were a great team when we made the natty in 2015 ]

GWP i say say after the 2011 season bc there are and will always be more that just one team to be consider as an elite team, and that is why I use the words Lower Elite, it's bc I believe that we were bc we never regressed from that point, we have stayed up there with 11 plus wins a season. That is why I think we were one of the lower level Elite teams beginning in 2012 with signs in 2011 bc we beat some good teams in 2011 until we got beat down by WV, but we did show signs we were about to break into the Elite category unti WV caused us to get labeled as Clemsoning even though it was unfair, and it was all about the media negativity of not wanting to happen what they seen coming, so they labeled us with their BS!!!

1981***

Dec 13, 2019, 3:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic