Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Fan Gets Free Beer in Canterbury, England
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,827

Tiger Fan Gets Free Beer in Canterbury, England

Aug 3, 2018, 7:57 PM

Some of you are aware that I always take a supply of Tiger Paws when I travel. In past trips to England, I talked with the Owner and/or manager of a Pub re my placing a Tiger Paw somewhere near the bar. Should anyone come in and say "that's a Clemson Tiger Paw", they get a free beer.

I have just recently returned from a two week jaunt to the olde sod. Was a bit lazy this trip as I made a deal with only two pubs, ne in the Bull Hotel in Long Melford and in the Dolphin Pub & Restaurant in Canterbury. My two daughters, a son-in-law and I stayed in the White House B&B in Canterbury, an excellent location convenient for visits to the Cathedral and many, many restaurants and pubs. Our hosts at the B&B recommended the Parrots and Dolphin as good choices for good food. We had dinner at the Dolphin twice. On our second trip I was wearing my WW2 and Korean War Veteran cap. The owner came to our table and we talked for about 20 - 25 minutes.

After an interesting conversation and our telling him we were from South Carolina and Clemson Tiger fans, he left our table. Returning a few few minutes later, he presented me with one of his "THE DOLPHIN" caps and asked if I would join him in a photo. I then told him about my placing a Tiger Paw in the bar area and if anyone said it was a Clenson Tiger Paw, he would give them a free beer. He said, "yes, but I will go you one better. I will place it on the front door".

Thois morning (Aug.3) my son-in-law forwarded an email to me. Within 24 hours of his placing the Tiger Paw on the front door, a gentleman wearing a Clemson bAseball cap with a Tiger Paw on the front and Clemson on the back, saw the Tiger Paw and asked who had placed the Clemson Tiger Paw on the door. Peter, the owner, told him four people from South Carolina had there the night before and then the story about the free beer. A surprised Tiger fan in Canterbury had a free beer

Peter was real excited. He remembred we said our host at the B&B had recomended the Dolphin. Peter zsent an email to the B&B explaining the situation and asked if he had an email address for any one of us four he wouild appreciate him forwarding it. My son-in-law had made all the arrangements re our reservation at the B&B by email so the message was forwarded to him and he passed it on to me.

That, Tiger fans, is how one little Tiger Paw can do wonders wherever we go.

W

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Fan Gets Free Beer in Canterbury, England

Aug 3, 2018, 8:20 PM

Welcome back, Joe 21. We have missed you.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Fan Gets Free Beer in Canterbury, England

Aug 3, 2018, 8:54 PM

Wow Joe. You are the best. Proud to be a fellow Tiger with you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great story and thank you for your service sir! ******

Aug 4, 2018, 4:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,827
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic