Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Tiger Basketball

Feb 22, 2016, 9:53 AM

I think one more win gets us to the NIT which would be a good season for this team especially after the way we started non-conference. It is DIFFICULT to win games in this conference-ESPECIALLY on the ROAD ! If we make it to the NCAA once every 10 years on average and are competitive the other years we should quit fussing about coaches. We are up against schools with great basketball traditions making recruiting difficult. And when we have a fan base that would rather go to the spring football game ( nothing more than a glorified PRACTICE ) than attend an ACTUAL basketball game then we have NO REASON to complain !!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually I think they should try really hard to win the ACCT

Feb 22, 2016, 9:59 AM

And then get in the NCAAT and make it to at LEAST the Final Four ... would make a GREAT made for TV movie ......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you are calling the fan base out, while at the same time

Feb 22, 2016, 10:03 AM

saying we should expect to make the NCAAT once every 10 years?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so you are calling the fan base out, while at the same time

Feb 22, 2016, 10:07 AM

That's right.

Feb 22, 2016, 10:08 AM

Thos are some pretty sad expectations.

null

Feb 22, 2016, 11:14 AM

How? They're better than your expectation which is contentment with zero results in basketball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2016, 11:22 AM

VIZ HAD TO BE ECSTATIC SAT.

From 6 to 12

Feb 22, 2016, 11:23 AM

No doubt.

Feb 22, 2016, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: so you are calling the fan base out, while at the same time ]

Yep he was thrilled he has posted more since then than he has all year. Magically his life was able to take a back seat. That was his excuse to being no where around when we win.

null

Feb 22, 2016, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: so you are calling the fan base out, while at the same time ]

That is completely false but keep talking out of your ###. You seem very giddy today. Guess you are sitll happy from the NC St game.

null

Feb 22, 2016, 1:12 PM

I'm sorry what are the results I'm missing since you've been attacking me for months when I express dissatisfaction with a basketball team going nowhere. A similar dissatisfaction you felt free to express relentlessly about baseball. If 117 hates a coach he can say so as much as he wants. Everyone else should bite their tongue and tow the company line.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2016, 1:16 PM

Difference is loser I was here for wins and losses for Tiger Baseball under coach Leggett. I was here cheering them on after nearly every game.

You however only come here to gloat when we lose. Your comparison doesnt fit. Nice try though. Once again how is me saying that he has next year to improve drastically or he is fired defending him?

You seem to magically never read that part.

null

Feb 22, 2016, 6:04 PM

Supporting like this: http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=12236418

You're a hypocrite and a liar.

####!!!! Nice one......

Feb 23, 2016, 4:17 AM

What a ####### hypocrite!

Fire Brownell and hire Gregg Marshall.

Re: ####!!!! Nice one......

Feb 23, 2016, 8:11 AM

I dont think you know what the word hypocrite means.

null

I don't think you do either......

Feb 23, 2016, 8:41 AM

Rent Free buddy..........rent free

Re: I don't think you do either......

Feb 23, 2016, 9:04 AM

Yep rent free is correct...

http://www.tigernet.com/view/profile.do?userID=21602

90% of your posts are about me.

null

Your math is off.......

Feb 23, 2016, 9:11 AM

Hahahaha you can't even divide properly.......idiot.

Rent Free

Feb 23, 2016, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: so you are calling the fan base out, while at the same time ]

### are you even talking about I never said that I didnt post negative stuff...

I said I was here after wins and losses.

You arent very brgiht are you. Your little link changes NOTHING about what I said.

null

Feb 23, 2016, 9:53 AM

"Cheering them on after nearly every game". - that doesn't sound like cheering a team on. You're a whiny man-child that can't stay on point or remember half the crap you say.

Truer words have never been typed!***

Feb 23, 2016, 9:57 AM

Feb 23, 2016, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: so you are calling the fan base out, while at the same time ]

But you were here a lot more after a loss. You and Viztiz remind me of one in the same.

You started and took control of a lot of baseball post after a loss. You posted mindless #### over and over and over

Feb 23, 2016, 12:53 PM

Once again you are posting BS.

null

I tried to thumb this up, but it will not let me........

Feb 23, 2016, 4:16 AM [ in reply to Re: so you are calling the fan base out, while at the same time ]

I wonder why? I think someone is too worried about their TigerPulse!

Re: I tried to thumb this up, but it will not let me........

Feb 23, 2016, 8:12 AM

aww the little guy is upset he cant follow me around and downvote all of my posts anymore.

Its okay little buddy.

Look at your post history it is all about me... Very sad.

null

Rent Free***

Feb 23, 2016, 8:40 AM

Re: Rent Free***

Feb 23, 2016, 9:03 AM

Yep I am definitely in your head. Shows with your post history and the fact you are upset you cant downvote me anymore.

null

I tried to Up Vote you #######

Feb 23, 2016, 9:12 AM

if that's your expectation...

Feb 22, 2016, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: so you are calling the fan base out, while at the same time ]

what category of fan do you fall into?

Re: Tiger Basketball

Feb 22, 2016, 10:05 AM

" If we make it to the NCAA once every 10 years on average and are competitive the other years we should quit fussing about coaches. "

No

null

Feb 22, 2016, 11:15 AM

Brad Brownell is 1 for 6 and you continue to support him. Are you really claiming that is a significantly higher standard?

Feb 22, 2016, 11:22 AM

Brownell is very simply a very good basketball coach but a lot ( not all thankfully) of Clemson fans have enough basketball knowledge to realize it.

If I were successful 10% on my job I'd be fired. Just saying

Feb 22, 2016, 11:57 AM

Even baseball players wouldn't be fine with that avg. If we hit 10% of our free throws we would lose every game. I don't agree with that knowledge.

Class of 81

Feb 22, 2016, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Basketball ]

He's really not. The emperor lost his clothes awhile back but some of you are being a little hard headed on the topic for some reason.

Feb 22, 2016, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Basketball ]

TIL me saying that Brownell has next year to improve drastically or he shuold be fired is me supporting him.

TIL me pulling for us to make the tournament instead of ######## on anyone who gets remotely excited about us being close is me supporting Brownell. Hell I just thought that was me being a fan.

You're an idiot. Also stop following me and trolling my post... Isn't that what you say to people all the time on here?

null

Feb 22, 2016, 12:36 PM

Magical thinking about us "being close" is what is idiotic. We made a nice little run. No matter Joe Lunardi told you, this team has never had a better than 1% chance of actually making the NCAA tournament after the Georgia game. Bubble projections with them basically winning out with a dozen games left are meaningless because it wasn't going to happen. It isn't going to happen. And this stupid debate has happened for 5 straight years because people can't wrap their heads around the fact that the ACC landscape in basketball has changed and simply finishing .500 or better in conference is not going to get you into the tournament. if the tournament doesn't matter why is it the only benchmark anyone can discuss about the team? Conversely, if it does matter how can we continue to justify the tenure of this coach.

Feb 22, 2016, 12:38 PM

"No matter Joe Lunardi told you, this team has never had a better than 1%"

That is complete bull ####.

The majority of the Brackets on Bracketmatrix a couple weeks ago had us in.

You get on here ONLY when things go wrong and post it is pathetic.

null

Feb 22, 2016, 12:43 PM

Because the brackets aren't making statistical projections of what WILL happen. They are saying "what would happen if." There is a big difference but it is apparently much too subtle for you and a large number of others. The statistical probability of us winning enough games to actually finish with an RPI even 10% over the highest ever let in remained just below 1% the entire time.

your stupid observation about when I post is just redundancy. Things haven't gone right for our basketball team for five years so of course if I post it's usually gonna be after things go wrong.

Feb 22, 2016, 12:49 PM

"your stupid observation about when I post is just redundancy. Things haven't gone right for our basketball team for five years so of course if I post it's usually gonna be after things go wrong."

Bull ####. You are never here when we win that is a fact. You are a pathetic fan plain and simple.

null

Feb 22, 2016, 1:09 PM

I noticed you skipped over the whole first part.

Feb 23, 2016, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Basketball ]

What? Unreal I thought it was all about championships or at least that was your beef with jack. You act like lib and a hypocrite.

Feb 23, 2016, 11:53 AM

Its almost like the standards fro Baseball and Basketball should be different considering the advantages one has over the other...

I know mind blowing right.

I do love how this thread is filling up quickly with some of my favorite little posters.

null

Feb 23, 2016, 12:05 PM

Barnes took us every other year. Prunell took us 3 in a row maybe?? Brad has been one time with purnell's players.

Now you want to change the way you said it should be - minding blowing? Ha

Little posters ? LOL that might be what you're feeling in your pants

Feb 23, 2016, 12:16 PM

Dude if you could read that would greatly help your argument...

I have said over and over again that if Brownell doesnt improve drastically next year he should be replaced.

null

Once every 10 years on average?

Feb 22, 2016, 11:31 AM

So since we made it every year from 2008 - 2011, you're fine if we don't make the NCAA Tournament again for another 30 years or so?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

that seems to be the thinking.....

Feb 22, 2016, 11:32 AM

yes

CBB should appreciate that, don't worry Brad

Feb 22, 2016, 11:37 AM

as long as you make the tourney again by 2048, you've met our expectations!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Two out of every 5 years in the NCAAs should be

Feb 22, 2016, 11:44 AM

the expectation. The other 3 years should be NIT appearances.

Exactly,,,The NIT should be a given on a bad year.

Feb 23, 2016, 3:32 AM

I won't even watch the NIT this year if we go.

Feb 22, 2016, 1:44 PM

Clemson basketball = Scar football. Basically no chance in he$$!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2016, 3:29 PM

Clemson basketball has played in 2 ACC Basketball Tournament Final game, period.....losing both games. The ACC was established in 1953 (60+ years). Why is this so? Has not Clemson had some pretty good basketball coaches? Do you think Clemson is a good coaching job? You tell me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not NCAAs every year?!?

Feb 22, 2016, 6:13 PM

Are you really that scared to commit to basketball?

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sadly, it seems like some aren't***

Feb 23, 2016, 12:28 AM

You're standards are extremely low.

Feb 23, 2016, 5:08 AM

A program that goes to the tournament once every ten years isn't remotely competitive.

That rates a mediocre C - much like your 76% pop. rating!***

Feb 23, 2016, 8:21 AM

Who Thinks Clemson beats GT tonight?

Feb 23, 2016, 8:54 AM

I think it will be a close game. I am not optimistic. However, I am naturally more pessimistic. That way, I have less disappointments. This is particularly true since I have been following Clemson basketball since the Bobby Roberts days. Anybody that does not say "Who?" knows what I am talking about.

Re: Who Thinks Clemson beats GT tonight?

Feb 23, 2016, 9:27 AM

I've been following since the Press Maravich days, Clemson wins tonight in Atlanta.

I think we beat them.

Feb 23, 2016, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Who Thinks Clemson beats GT tonight? ]

nm

Re: Who Thinks Clemson beats GT tonight?

Feb 23, 2016, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Who Thinks Clemson beats GT tonight? ]

I'm not optimistic also. In the last 8 games, the Tigs have shot the 3 just three times over 30%. That doesn't appear to trend well for a road win. Hope this stat gets turned around tonight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

We're spending $60 million on BB facilities. We pay

Feb 23, 2016, 9:00 AM

coaches millions of dollars each year. And you think the Standard should be one NCAA appearance every 10 years???? Give me a break.

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic