Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Band timing during entrance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Tiger Band timing during entrance

Sep 3, 2017, 1:36 PM

No question that Tiger Rag with the crowd behind it during the run down the hill for the team adds a ton to the greatest entrance in football.

But they changed their timing so that they only play for part of the entrance of the team. That takes the wind out of sails for half the team who are still waiting and the crowd.

It would be much better if they could play an extra 1/2 stanza like thy used to. It makes a difference.

I noticed this last year and have heard several people mention it.

Maybe someone from Tiger Band could look into it or comment.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear you, but given our results last year

Sep 3, 2017, 2:04 PM

don't know, maybe we do it the new way.

or team could run down hill faster

Sep 3, 2017, 2:18 PM

2x2 skipping takes longer than 10yrs ago

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band and CUTBA member here

Sep 3, 2017, 3:02 PM

Tiger Band doesnt extend Tiger Rag at pregame anymore because of the timing of on field events.

Now a days, we only play Tiger Rag once through, the "normal length" if you will, because the NCAA and the ACC mandate that pregame and halftime ceremonies can only last so long, if marching bands play on the field longer than their allotted time, the band can get fined, the football team could get a 15 yard delay of game penalty, or the band could be permanently banned from attending NCAA football games indefinitely.

Another "fun" fact. During the game, the NCAA bylaws state the band can only play when the ball is not in play. So we can play our stuff until the moment the ball is snapped. If a marching band continues to play while a play is in action or an official is giving an announcement, the team will incur a 15 yard delay of game penalty, the band can be ejected, and the band can be banned from playing at any NCAA events indefinitely.

So, if we extended Tiger Rag like you wish, or we played a song during a play, this would be considered a delay of game and the Clemson football team would be penalized 15 yards.

Just be glad we aren't in the SEC. They have insanely strict rules about their bands, even down to what songs they can play and where they can march onto the field from. If you think the rules from the NCAA are strict, go read the rules the SEC piles on to them as well...

Re: Tiger Band and CUTBA member here

Sep 3, 2017, 9:22 PM

I've mentioned this before as well. Half of the team comes down the hill to silence. Why not keep playing tiger rag as you exit the field or have the PA system play it just like before half time when the band is on the field.
Last years USC game the band played tiger rag 3 times during the hill run and was awesome!!!
My other gripe is an empty hill during entrance. The hill was full later. What's keeping students from filling both sides???
Otherwise a great day and band sounded awesome!

Sep 3, 2017, 10:48 PM

Anyone else notice how every bathroom leaks water like the colorado river is on the other side. Wonder if this has anything to do with the band.

Sep 4, 2017, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Band and CUTBA member here ]

I agree, there has to be a better solution.

It's a let-down for fans and some of our starters and key players are still on the hill. It's just weird the way it is right now.

...and YES they sounded awesome on Saturday...Really appreciate Tiger Band!!!

Sep 4, 2017, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Band and CUTBA member here ]

As far as the gap of no students on the Hill thing goes, there are 2 reasons...

1. We enter at Gate 1 and there was (as usual) a HUGE backup at the student entrance close to the Hill.

2. If you notice the gap where you can see green grass is on the left (North stands side). Security BLOCKS OFF ACCESS so students can't cross to that side from Gate 1 for quite a while before the team runs down the hill so the students can't get over there if they are not there early.

Put those 2 things together and you get a gap that fills in by kickoff.

Re: Tiger Band timing during entrance

Sep 3, 2017, 10:29 PM

Was out of town visiting my daughter for the game. Used to be, they played the last note of Orange Bowl March and at that note the cannon went off, Tiger Rag commenced and down they came. So what happened yesterday?

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic