Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tidbit on Jamelle Holloway winning natty as a freshman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,976

Tidbit on Jamelle Holloway winning natty as a freshman

Jan 11, 2019, 8:16 PM

Before our game Monday night the only other Freshman QB to win the natty was Jamelle Holloway in 1985 for Oklahoma. However what TL did really stands in a league by itself. Holloway threw a grand total of THREE passes the entire game. Holloway was a wishbone running QB. Kind of difficult to compare that to the great performance TL had.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tidbit on Jamelle Holloway winning natty as a freshman

Jan 11, 2019, 8:25 PM

To me tHere is no reason to compare really...
Two different eras, but for the sake of discussion - I watched that game live and Holloway played lights out and ran for the winning TD on the final drive.
Trevor was awesome, but just too distant in time and situations to compare performance

Jan 11, 2019, 8:32 PM

Freshman winning it all, is a feat in itself !!! regardless of the era -- both kids were outstanding athletes !!! GO TIGERS !!!!

Jan 11, 2019, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Tidbit on Jamelle Holloway winning natty as a freshman ]

But OU only beat Penn State, not THE GREATEST TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL like we did.
Just sayin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 11, 2019, 9:03 PM

if memory serves correctly,holloway was the qb,when danny and CU first beat Oklahoma and switzer in the '88 citrus bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yep, lil old Clemson closed out the careers

Jan 11, 2019, 9:34 PM

of Switzer AND Holliway by giving them a loss in their last game. In addition to Woody Hayes and who knows what other football stars and coaches

Jan 11, 2019, 10:26 PM

Pretty sure Holieway through 6 passes in that game, and was 3-6. Most of his yardage was to TE Keith Jackson.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,976
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic