Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tickets: scalpers vs StubHub vs prostituting myself
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,461

Tickets: scalpers vs StubHub vs prostituting myself

Sep 18, 2016, 11:07 PM

I'm out of state now and thinking about breaking away to try and go to Death Valley for Louisville game. Biggest problem is that I currently have no tickets and prices on StubHub are already soaring. Anyone had experience recently at high profile games like this scoring tickets for a decent price? Is it worth just taking a chance with scalpers, maybe even after the game starts? Do StubHub prices drop after the game starts? I'm trying to figure out the best way to get in to the game without having to sell my body behind the dumpsters around back of Mellow Mushroom.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tickets: scalpers vs StubHub vs prostituting myself

Sep 18, 2016, 11:13 PM

I believe in the case of stubhub, listings are automatically pulled after the start time.

Sep 18, 2016, 11:20 PM

Oh, that's good to know. I didn't know they pulled ticket listings after start time.

outside the stadium

Sep 18, 2016, 11:17 PM

i have always found a ticket outside before the game, had to sit on the hill for $60 for the purple GT game a few years ago, but it was fun, good luck

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2016, 11:17 PM

Try eBay too. If not, wait until the p

Sep 18, 2016, 11:18 PM

Price drops on stub and here. Trust me. Supply and demand!!! I watched the greed on here with national championship tickets.

you know that the part I don't like, when people buy up all

Sep 19, 2016, 6:39 AM

the extras so they can sell at huge markup to cover their cost when that leaves other true Tiger fans left out. You will never change those types of people but hopefully something will. I would wait until kickoff and then buy a ticket.

Sep 18, 2016, 11:19 PM

stubhub tickets will drop drastically over the next two weeks. People are just trying to cash in on the over reaction of Louisville beating down FSU.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sep 18, 2016, 11:19 PM

I can't believe what some of these people are asking for these tickets. I would never price gouge a fellow Tiger fan. I don't wanna hear about "seat equity" I pay it as well, and have seats under the overhang. $500 and $600 upper deck tickets are ridiculous.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2016, 11:31 PM

I bought a ticket for the Auburn game on StubHub 2 weeks before the game...there were 6 available and I only bought 1. The folks sitting next to me bought their tickets on StubHub (assuming from the same source) the week prior to the game and their tickets were $50 cheaper. Same thing with the FSU game in 2013...ticket prices the week of the game fell about 30%. It seems they reach their peak about a week before- and that makes sense as by then most people have plans made to either go or not go. 2 times and now I know when to buy....and remember the price you see on StubHub does NOT include their very high $30-35/ticket "convenience fee".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2016, 11:33 PM

Mellow mushroom is gone. You should probably just stay home.

Which mellow mush you at...and how much for a ZeeJay?***

Sep 18, 2016, 11:43 PM

Sep 18, 2016, 11:46 PM

Same as others said - Stubhub pulls listings a few minutes before game time (or maybe right at game time?)

I would strongly recommend avoiding scalpers. We always buy our tickets outside the stadium but high profile games are very difficult - especially for this game, supply will be VERY low at the stadium. Last year at the FSU game I bought from a scalper out of desperation (game had already started) and was scammed - the ticket said "already used" when they scanned it. (thankfully the guy let me in anyways)

Just watch stubhub, tigernet, craigslist, and eBay over the next 2 weeks. Won't get CHEAP, but prices will likely go down.

Sep 19, 2016, 12:02 AM

If traveling from out of state, I would purchase a ticket before leaving home. Tickets won't be cheap at the stadium. If we get past GA Tech, it will an insane environment on game day.

Sep 19, 2016, 12:07 AM

You don't want to be running around the stadium in panic mode looking for a ticket when the game is starting.

Sep 19, 2016, 7:45 AM

Not that this will help you for the Louisville game, but maybe you should consider becoming an IPTAY member. For the 2016 season, $765 would have gotten you a "best available" parking pass and one ticket to all 7 home games ($400 IPTAY "Orange" level donation + $365 for one season ticket). IPTAY will even let you spread that $765 over 12 monthly payments...

Not to be an IPTAY pimp, but I just think the advantages afforded to Clemson and yourself through IPTAY membership outweigh paying $250(+) for a single high profile game and the hassles/stress that comes with it. Even if you only make it to a couple games a year it seems to be a good deal to me and you don't have to worry about scalpers, fake tickets or lining the pockets of people that don't give a crap about Clemson. Besides - IPTAY is a good thing for all Clemson student athletes and a chunk of your IPTAY donation is tax deductible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prostitution is a victimless crime.

Sep 19, 2016, 8:22 AM

I need to see a photo of you and your current health card. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,461
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic