Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ticket sellers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Ticket sellers

Oct 13, 2016, 10:56 AM

Some of these people are insane. I see people selling ticket for $200 or more for the game Saturday. I look ahead to the SCU game and people asking over $300 a piece. Insane! Will people really pay that much to see Clemson play a 2 to 4 win team. Rival or not.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chill, bro

Oct 13, 2016, 11:04 AM

no one is gonna pay that to see Nancy Tate

now some drunk coots might pay because they are stupid...

When they consider how much IPTAY members pay for their

Oct 13, 2016, 11:08 AM

tickets in total each year and how many years they have to give to get those tickets, yes, I do think they will pay those prices. You have to donate thousands of dollars per year for years to get good seats.

There is a reason so many people who don't donate to IPTAY are buying tickets instead of donating. It takes quite a financial commitment to get to the point where you get decent seats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say the same every time I see some1 with a yeti cup

Oct 13, 2016, 11:21 AM

Craaaaazy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

stubHub is your friend. The only time you should pay

Oct 13, 2016, 11:25 AM

that much is for club seats.

Stubhub smuhhub.. that got selling his ticket for $300 on thursday

Oct 13, 2016, 11:30 AM

Will be standing in front of death valley Sat at 11 am selling it for face.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

We could be playing Bama in the Valley and some

Oct 13, 2016, 3:20 PM

posters would be saying "wait till gametime and pay face or less for a ticket". LOL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I paid $160 a ticket for Louisville

Oct 13, 2016, 11:31 AM

but they were on the 35 yard line in the lower deck, it included a parking pass and it was a huge night game. Some of these clowns want that much for an upper deck ticket to NC State at noon. Get the F out of here.

Re: Ticket sellers

Oct 13, 2016, 11:37 AM

Sold mine for $250 a pop for this weeks game. I posted them right after the Louisville game bc I knew the market would be hot. Looks like my entrepreneurship classes are paying off

Oct 13, 2016, 11:37 AM

I sold my pair in section M for $139 a piece in less than a day. (Paid out $250 total for the pair after fees on Stubhub). They were some of the lowest priced sideline lower level seats in the house at the time.

My tickets cost me about $110/seat/game ($400 seat equity, and $365+ season ticket per seat). That doesn't include what I had to donate just to get lower level tickets.

I try to reasonably price the tickets I sell, but I see no point in losing money on them if I can at least make what I paid for them. Obviously I can't get $110/seat for SC State or Troy, so selling a little over what I paid makes up for that.

That said, it's their tickets, and they can try to sell them for whatever price they want... If you don't want to pay what the market is asking for them, then stay home, or buy your own tickets through IPTAY. It's free country (for now), so enjoy it.

Oct 13, 2016, 12:54 PM

I enjoy the jerk offs that complain when people sell for more than face value but won't pay face value themselves for a lesser game like SC State. They claim you aren't a real CLEMSON fan if you charge more than face value, however, I'm the one buying season tickets not them. Not to mention I've given away a hell of a lot more free tickets to insignificant games than profited off the big ones.

Market says...

Oct 13, 2016, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Ticket sellers ]

If you are willing to not buy a ticket from stubhub, tnet tickets etc... and wait, then you can find tickets for near face value (if not face value) prior to the game. Scalpers are more willing closer to kickoff so they dont have a hand full of tickets by nights end. it was that way for louisville.

Tickets for SCU last year were pretty high as well, but were selling for less than face value at WB stadium before the game.

Re: Market says...

Oct 13, 2016, 3:06 PM

Fair enough. It's a risk-reward scenario. You risk getting fakes with no way to get your money back, or not being able to find a ticket (rare at Clemson), but may be rewarded with better seats for a fraction of the price...

Again, it's a free country, do as you please, but whining about it on a message board isn't going to get you very far.

It just gets old hearing people fuss about what I decide to list MY tickets for. If you don't want to pay that, then don't. Someone will, or I'll be forced to lower my price. Let capitalism and supply/demand do what it does.

Oct 13, 2016, 12:54 PM

Must have missed all these ????? plenty of tickets around the $100 range on TNET Tickets __and you pick your seats ??? ___ with IPTAY & Seat Equity, these are a bargain !!!!

http://www.tigernet.com/view/tickets.do?category=76&srt=d&adtype=fs

Oct 13, 2016, 2:56 PM

Please pick up a book on microeconomics and read it. Obviously you did not take advantage of the great economics courses Clemson has to offer.

Or you can start donating to Iptay and buying season tickets.

Nobody wants to read you message bitching about it.

Insanity is when you worry about things like what

Oct 13, 2016, 3:14 PM

people are asking for tickets.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic