Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ticket prices WILL DROP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Ticket prices WILL DROP

Jan 3, 2017, 11:30 AM

Everyone R E L A X!!!! Guarantee the quantity for selling will go up Thursday and prices will go down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course they will, but they won't go down to where most

Jan 3, 2017, 11:43 AM

people hope or need them to be. This isn't Phoenix.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not What I Am Seeing

Jan 3, 2017, 11:47 AM

Inventory is down across 4 major sites and cheapest seat available going up. Also larger lots 4+ are down. Yes I think some inventory will come back in as people look to make $ and sell off, but this game is now getting hyped as the game of the generation. Weather looks great as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson and bama havnt released their tix yet

Jan 3, 2017, 11:51 AM

Many buy from the scholarship just to sell.

I don't know about bama, but clemson was asking $450.

So if people are hoping they need to expect to pay 600 or 700.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Tickets will not drop.

Jan 3, 2017, 11:47 AM

They will go up. Mark my words.

Re: Tickets will not drop.

Jan 3, 2017, 12:02 PM

How much are you hoping to get for yours?

Jan 3, 2017, 12:05 PM

Lol, stop with the conspiracy crap. The market is interesting right now and a broker that does this professionally that's posted here isn't even denying that they could go up and there be a shortage.

Are you one of the ones planning to buy outside the stadium? Good luck with that.

Wait, or don't wait. And either save or don't save. Who cares, but don't get confrontational because someone has an opinion that differs from yours.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2017, 12:11 PM

No I will not buy outside the stadium. If you're not just a bit disturbed by how greedy some are (not taking about IPTAY people looking to get their money back and make a few bucks), then you and I will just have to disagree.

Jan 3, 2017, 12:14 PM

Greedy. Lol. Capitalism says hello. If you don't like it I can think of other economical strategies if you're interested in living abroad in poverty.

Re: Ticket prices WILL DROP

Jan 3, 2017, 12:06 PM

LThe profiteers are trying to stir the narrative. But those who do this for a living agree with you. Prices will drop.

Jan 3, 2017, 12:10 PM

Prices for sporting events (at least every one I have been to) always drop as gameday/kickoff approaches. I suspect this game will be no different.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Jan 3, 2017, 12:15 PM

Unless they just flat out aren't available...it has happened, and very recently.

except for about every 1/4 masters and super bowl

Jan 3, 2017, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Ticket prices WILL DROP ]

and BCS 2011.

This is not going to be anything like that because there were not many shorts but prices could stay strong.

As I have said earlier today, prices will drop some and inventory will hit the next 48 hours because supply will be opened up.

But Clemson demand was crazy strong last year and is 10 times stronger this year. It's not ND strong from 2013 but that stadium sat 80,000.

I think it will go down this week but it could easily go back up by the weekend.

But again this will not be like BCS 2011, Masters 2010 or 2013, Super Bowl 2015 because there were not that many short orders taken. This is just real demand but there are only so many people willing to pay $1000-$2000 for a football ticket.

Jan 3, 2017, 12:10 PM

They might drop right before game time, I mean hrs before.
Good luck trying to buy at the last second because there wont be many tickets to get.

Message was edited by: badb®

Jan 3, 2017, 12:28 PM

There is obviously a certain price cap involved here. No one is going to pay $10,000 a ticket for a commodity that will be worthless in 7 days, and one that is simply a luxury.

So how many people will pay $2000 a ticket? I would say far fewer than you think.

Will ticket prices fall below face value? They will if they are not sold at kickoff time.

So, some where there is an equilibrium where people will buy tickets in sufficient quantities in order to consume the supply. I just don't think that that price will be much higher than it is already, especially for lower level seats. People just wont spend that kind of money (at least not a lot of them will).

I would pay $1000/ea for a pair of tickets in lower level. The problem is with sites like StubHub, their fees are 20%. So a seller trying to make $350 on his $650 ticket, will end up costing a buyer $1200.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stubhub fees are 10% unless they have changed or charge

Jan 3, 2017, 12:55 PM

more for higher priced tickets. The problem with supply and demand in a capitalist system is that we don't get to sit here and tell people how much tickets "ought" to be. I've had tickets for all four days at the Masters that I could have sold for $5,000 each, but if I had gotten caught selling them, the Augusta National would have revoked them from the person I got them from and I couldn't take that risk.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here, u do the math

Jan 3, 2017, 1:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, I think I mentioned that "unless they

Jan 3, 2017, 5:20 PM

have changed" and apparently they have. I sold my parking pass to the Louisville game and paid 10%. Of course, it was for a lot less money.

Payment info
Price per ticket $60.00
Quantity x 1
Total ticket price $60.00
Service fee - $6.00
Your payment $54.00

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they charge sellers up to 10%

Jan 3, 2017, 7:45 PM

and buyers about 20%. It's a good business model they have going on.

Most brokers pay 0-7% sellers fee based on the volume they do.

Good luck with that***

Jan 3, 2017, 12:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 3, 2017, 12:51 PM

Prices will only increase, most likely. Two teams from southeast going to Tampa? You have to go with an exponential demand curve.

Last year's Natty game issue was getting to Phoenix which we all know is crazy expensive. I doubt many UW fans bought tickets in advance. A lot of OSU fans may have, but I doubt it's enough to deflate ticket prices.

Jan 3, 2017, 8:22 PM

Bought four tickets for my crew today in section 338 on the Alabama side around lunchtime, looked on Ticketmaster and StubHub just now and tickets in that section are now going for $200 more per ticket.

Glad we jumped on them....

Jan 3, 2017, 8:34 PM

you're actually in the "clemson sections". I bet you'll have almost all orange around you

Jan 3, 2017, 12:55 PM

Unfortunately the NCAA CFP Championship game is not even like the semi finals or any bowl. It is very much like the Superbowl. There will be a large number of people to see the BIG EVENT. It does not feel like a normal football crowd.

I know I could get tickets for about $400 in small blocks of 2 - 4 seats.

It is possible that people will sell off tickets at the stadium but there are scams being run where you could end up with fake tickets, duplicate tickets, etc. There are scams with people get in having their tickets scan and then hand them to a scalper outside the gate and resell them but then they are useless because the tickets have already been scanned into the system.

My advice at this point is to monitor the ticket sites. It is quite simply supply and demand and the market will determine the price.

I wish I could go this year but I have just been off work for almost 2 weeks and I am likely going to have to be on the west coast to watch the game. I am so proud of our team for earning their way back but Monday, January 9th is not exactly a great time for a lot of us to go to a bowl game.

Good Luck though. I hope you find tickets at a reasonable price.

Prediction: Clemson 31 Bama 20

Dean

Starting to see Clemson tix on TicketIQ

Jan 3, 2017, 3:00 PM

/\ /\ Crop dusted everybody /\ /\***

Jan 3, 2017, 7:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Jan 3, 2017, 8:44 PM

Won't happen! The demand is to high!!!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic