Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ESPN talks ACC and Playoff System
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Football Update: ESPN talks ACC and Playoff System

Apr 24, 2012, 9:30 AM

ESPN talks ACC and Playoff System

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The answer is simple....

Apr 24, 2012, 9:50 AM

Use the FCS as the model for a BCS playoff... yes, that DOES mean the we go from a 12 game to a 11 game regular season, but its a big so what. The only people who seem to get excited about any Bowl Game besides the Championship Bowl are: The Bowl themselves and maybe thier sponsors. Really, all the Bowls games are (mostly) now in thier current usage is a glorified exhibition match. Who can blame the kids for NOT wanting to lay thier butts on the line in a game that means nothing. So Bubba and Earl can get some sort of bragging rights???? How does that pay the Mortgage? Do a playoff and make the Bowls the mechanism for the playoff games, its that simple. If the BCS committee balks, BOYCOTT THE BOWLS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The answer is simple....

Apr 24, 2012, 9:55 AM

> Use the FCS as the model for a BCS playoff... yes,
> that DOES mean the we go from a 12 game to a 11 game
> regular season, but its a big so what. The only
> people who seem to get excited about any Bowl Game
> besides the Championship Bowl are: The Bowl
> themselves and maybe thier sponsors. Really, all
> the Bowls games are (mostly) now in thier current
> usage is a glorified exhibition match. Who can blame
> the kids for NOT wanting to lay thier butts on the
> line in a game that means nothing. So Bubba and
> Earl can get some sort of bragging rights???? How
> does that pay the Mortgage? Do a playoff and make
> the Bowls the mechanism for the playoff games, its
> that simple. If the BCS committee balks, BOYCOTT
> THE BOWLS!

Boycott the SPONSORS.

Throw in the Pitt and NY TV markets...

Apr 24, 2012, 10:00 AM

In due time it will happen. If we ever get hot, watch out because the FL, GA, SC, NC, VA, MA, PA, and NY television markets will mean a lot more than those in AL, MS, and LA for example.

The ACC will rise!

Re: Throw in the Pitt and NY TV markets...

Apr 24, 2012, 10:09 AM

Nobody in Pittsburgh watches college football

Apr 24, 2012, 10:10 AM

and nobody on Tigernet gives a crap what some chickentroll thinks either........

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2012, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Throw in the Pitt and NY TV markets... ]

I KNOW PITT Law Students do not watch College Football, they are too busy studying our convuluted laws and being told how smart they are by the Professors..... EVERYBODY else is watching College Football

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2012, 10:33 AM

you must not know too many law school professors. Pitt probably gets about 40,000 per home game, and the student section usually isn't full. This is a pro-sports town

I wouldn't say nobody in Pittsburgh watches college football

Apr 24, 2012, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Throw in the Pitt and NY TV markets... ]

I tried to research ratings by markets, but couldn't find anything. I then tweeted Mike Humes who is a publicist for ESPN's college sports. He told me that info isn't released publicly. I then asked him if he new about the Pittsburgh market specifically and he responded "they do well... the best city for football is Birmingham, basketball is Louisville"

https://twitter.com/#!/MikeHumesESPN/status/194892362760192002

Apr 24, 2012, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Throw in the Pitt and NY TV markets... ]

College football is a southern dish. Always has been and always will be. After Slive gets through renegotiating the ESPN and CBS deals, even you will be a believer.

Sure has,

Apr 24, 2012, 10:27 AM

Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Nebraska, The Real USC. They all scream "We're southern!"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2012, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Throw in the Pitt and NY TV markets... ]

If you weren't such a lyin' chickentroll, I'd take the time to point out that OhioSt, Michigan, MichiganSt, Wisconsin, WestVa, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Oklahoma, OklahomaSt, Southern Cal, PennSt, Oregon, OregonSt,BoiseSt---(and really, none of the Texas schools should be considered "Southern Schools" in the context of your idiotic post)--- aren't "Southern Schools",but it would be lost on a lowbrow, SEC sycophant such as yourself.

College football may indeed be King in the South, but that in no way means its ignored elsewhere in the country.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2012, 7:22 PM

but only one of those teams (Penn State) is in the north east. The Northeast really doesn't follow college football like the rest of the country does.

NONE Knows how "good" the SEC really is....

Apr 24, 2012, 10:42 AM

Since there is no playoff system, they are considered the best because .... of someone's opinion and a computer program's "emperical analysis"! This is so stupid its almost funny. The current method to determine the National Champion is a joke, and the Bowls WITH thier sponsors need to be boycotted until the "system" is made right.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic