Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
love how dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

love how dabo

May 9, 2012, 10:37 AM

Said he was still evaluating what would best for everyone involved with deciding punishment for sammy. Would it be best for the team if he suspends him for auburn. I think not. A mistake couple with the fact that he has been doing everything asked of him shoud get him off easier.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: love how dabo

May 9, 2012, 12:18 PM

No one knows but if Sammy took a drug test and passed, that in its self should carry some weight with Dabo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you think Dabo will take a team survey or what?***

May 9, 2012, 12:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2012, 12:51 PM

A mistake? Yes, he made a mistake alright. Weed and pills and you classify this as just a mistake and shouldn't miss the Auburn game. So when he was rooming with Bellamy and Bellamy was suspended two games for just weed and no arrest I guess Sammy didn't get the message? Look, I know I'm about to get blasted for being a coot commenting about this on your board. I just want to say I support Sammy and I don't EVER expect him to do this again. He isn't a Derek Watson who never grew up. I hope Sammy graduates or leaves early and has a great NFL career. I'll pull for him when he's not wearing orange, but I would expect him to be suspended at least the Auburn game no?

May 9, 2012, 12:56 PM

*insert Garcia suspension comment here*

Clemson

May 9, 2012, 1:07 PM

Garcia was an immature idiotic drunk. What can I say? Can't deny that at all. However, he was never arrested for illegal drugs. Sammy was caught with two illegal drugs. People and their excuses of "all college students are doing it" is a terrible excuse for people to say he shouldn't be punished. He had every chance to learn from Bellamy. And come on folks...it wasn't Sammy's first rodeo. He just got caught! Half the team at clemson smokes and half the team at South Carolina smokes. However, saying he shouldn't miss the Auburn game is crazy. It would really be in your best interest to make sure he is suspended because if the superstar gets away with an arrest on illegal drugs you might lose some control of your team.

Three, but who's counting...***

May 9, 2012, 1:12 PM

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: Three, but who's counting...***

May 9, 2012, 1:18 PM

Yes...3 drugs is correct. I assume one was generic of the same pill so we'll give them a break there.

actually, alcohol is illegal for minors. and is a drug.***

May 9, 2012, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: love how dabo ]

Re: actually, alcohol is illegal for minors. and is a drug.***

May 9, 2012, 1:38 PM

Yes it's illegal to drink underage, but not classified as a drug. Is it worse than weed...I think so especially the people killed on the roads from drinking. However, our government says otherwise and that's a different story for a different day.

Garcica was suspended for underage drinking twice

May 9, 2012, 1:42 PM [ in reply to actually, alcohol is illegal for minors. and is a drug.*** ]

including one time when he keyed a professors car,
once for pulling a fire alarm and setting off a fire extinguisher,
once for being disruptive at an SEC diner (he had been drink but was of age),
Once for having a party in his room at the bowl game,
and finally for failing a drug test for alcohol.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: Garcica was suspended for underage drinking twice

May 9, 2012, 1:46 PM

weren't there hookers involved?

or was that charlie sheen...

YOu forgot public indecency for

May 9, 2012, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Garcica was suspended for underage drinking twice ]

pissing in the street

May 9, 2012, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: love how dabo ]

I agree he should be suspended for at least one game with some community service, I just think it's funny that you say you should suspend your superstars when you clearly didn't do it yourself (I know you're not Spurrier (at least I pray you're not)). Maybe on your boards you argued Garcia should have been suspended, but I don't go over there and check on it.

Clemson

May 9, 2012, 1:59 PM

I'll be honest...Garcia received way too many chances. He was more stupid than anything, but thank God he at least received his degree. I hope he makes something of himself.

May 9, 2012, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: love how dabo ]

Thanks for the TD. Didn't realize someone would get worked up about that

Clemson

May 9, 2012, 2:09 PM

I didn't thumbs down you so blame it on the other coot! LOL!! I'll give you a thumbs up though for actually discussing something without trying to run me off. Thanks.

May 9, 2012, 2:15 PM

Thanks and no prob. You don't seem to be the kinda coot that would TD something like that. Discussions are a part of being a fan.

Clemson

No argument from me. If Sammy is suspended for the

May 9, 2012, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: love how dabo ]

Auburn game, I'll consider it appropriate. Actually, I have faith in Dabo that, even if Sammy doesn't get suspended for anything, Dabo is doing what's right for Sammy and for the team. But a one game suspension is appropriate. Also, as you pointed out, I expect Sammy to handle this well, regardless of the punishment. This latest incident aside, he has waaaaay too much capital in the bank in terms of behavior for me to think he won't rise to the occassion here as well. Anything beyond a one game suspension is, in my opinion, window dressing. He WON'T (and certainly shouldn't) be suspended more than three games, and the two games after Auburn are clearly winnable without Sammy, so it'd just be a show. And I think he's earned more consideration than that.

null

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic