Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on the Spurrier comment...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Thoughts on the Spurrier comment...

Aug 22, 2014, 10:08 AM

First, let me say that I can't stand Slurrier, and I'm usually the first to chuckle about his obsession with Clemson.

However, I don't really see any foul in this one.

In fact, I wish we would start treating them like every other game in preparation as well. Maybe then we could eliminate the obvious pressing and resulting turnovers (see last year).

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

My thoughts on this...

Aug 22, 2014, 10:13 AM

what comment?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

He was asked if he puts more emphasis on

Aug 22, 2014, 10:17 AM

any particular game, and his response was that they treat ECU and Clemson the same in that regard, or something like that.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

He said....

Aug 22, 2014, 10:17 AM [ in reply to My thoughts on this... ]

"We treat Clemson just like East Carolina, we really do." - Steve Spurrier (On treating every game the same.)

So not only is he a mouthy self-serving a$$hat, he's a liar too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Old Ball Sack is a total Jack A$$. I couldn't stand him

Aug 22, 2014, 10:18 AM

at Duke, couldn't stand him at Florida, and can't stand him at USuCk. I know he's a wiley old coot who runs his mouth and plays lots of head games. That doesn't mean that I disagree with every single thing he says or does, however, and I really don't see what the big deal is regarding his latest comments either.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

the old ball sac doesn't really get to me. I've been around

Aug 22, 2014, 10:20 AM

old people before and sometimes they just ramble....

Every time Slur trolls us, a coot booster sends a check.

Aug 22, 2014, 10:20 AM

He's pandering to the hands that feed him.

Re: Thoughts on the Spurrier comment...

Aug 22, 2014, 10:24 AM

Link???

Tnet recruiting posted a thread about it last night,

Aug 22, 2014, 10:28 AM

so I assumed it was legit.

Maybe he done fooled us though!

Aug 22, 2014, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on the Spurrier comment... ]

Nothing wrong with that comment Would you be happier if he said that he prepares his team more vigorously for Clemson because he hates them so much? You guys just look for things to get your panties in a wad.The gamecocks are no more important than anyone else that we play .... to me. If we had beaten them five in a row you would all be fans of the usuck coach.

Aug 22, 2014, 10:30 AM

It was backhanded. If he was being decent, he would not have referenced East Carolina. He would have mentioned a different team, like UGA maybe. He is a complete d1cknose no matter which way you spin it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, I don't disagree that he's a piece of #@!%

Aug 22, 2014, 10:33 AM

and maybe it was backhanded. All it made me think was that I wish we actually would treat them like every other game in preparation. It seems like they got in our heads, last year in particular.

Aug 22, 2014, 10:36 AM

Welll looks like he wins again based on everyone on this thread obsessing about an inane comment that has no bearing on anything.
He wins every time we respond to this garbage.
Ignore, that goes for Dabo as well.

The fact that he linked Clemson and ECU is telling

Aug 22, 2014, 10:48 AM

He was trying to minimize us, by putting us on the level with ECU. I don't think that was by accident. Had he paired TAMU and ECU or ECU and UGA, games that were actually side by side on the schedule, I'd say it wasn't a shot.

But the sentiment is the same that we have...nameless and faceless opponent. And that is BS from both our side and theirs. Coaches, players and fans know that certain games are more important than others and that they prepare differently for them.

I don't see any of his fans framing The State

Aug 22, 2014, 10:56 AM

newspaper headlines about beating East Carolina.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Haha, doesn't mean they aren't doing it though

Aug 22, 2014, 11:15 AM

:D

Re: Haha, doesn't mean they aren't doing it though

Aug 22, 2014, 12:04 PM

Well, you know that ECU is easier to spell than Clemson University.

It wasn't an issue for me either.***

Aug 22, 2014, 12:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't stand him either, but in this case, I just take it as

Aug 22, 2014, 12:10 PM

another way of saying "The most important game is the next one we play." I am not offended by that.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic