Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on the LSU Wade situation?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,903

Thoughts on the LSU Wade situation?

Mar 7, 2019, 11:33 PM

Interesting news about “offer”...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will be fired soon.

Mar 7, 2019, 11:39 PM

Glad he is not here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the NCAA threatens enough penalities to get Wade

Mar 7, 2019, 11:56 PM

fired, then Self at Kansas will have to be fired as well....Honestly, after the unc debacle, the NCAA has lost what little credibility they had as a rule enforcement entity. I don't think anybody believes there'll be anything resembling justice levied despite all the tape evidence of vast payola corruption throughout college basketball

At first, I was furious with all these AAU runners and shoe company agents for ruining my longtime favorite sport.....but with the impotence of the NCAA and the general acceptance of "way things get done", I've simply tossed in the towel and accepted that ethics and honor amongst college coaches and administrators of the sport has evaporated into nothingness. College basketball has devolved into sewage

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't disagree but was thinking universities might have

Mar 8, 2019, 6:33 AM

some integrity. If it was Clemson we would. LSU not so much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The rub is this:

Mar 8, 2019, 7:46 AM

The NCAA is comprised of the member institutions. It's time said institutions either tear the NCAA down, or force real, lasting change. The 'ostrich' mentality is absolutely absurd and unforgivable. The alumni of the member institutions should demand any funding to the NCAA be halted immediately. What's there to lose...really?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The rub is this:

Mar 8, 2019, 4:46 PM

No entrance into championships. #1 benefit for NCAA membership.

LSU is not a blueblood like Kansas***

Mar 8, 2019, 1:29 PM [ in reply to If the NCAA threatens enough penalities to get Wade ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: LSU is not a blueblood like Kansas***

Mar 8, 2019, 8:19 PM

But they are members of the almighty ESECPN conference. This Trumps (heehee!) The NCAA.

Yes, they're just arguing over the agreement. He's probably

Mar 8, 2019, 9:24 AM [ in reply to He will be fired soon. ]

threatened to bring others down with him.

Re: Thoughts on the LSU Wade situation?

Mar 8, 2019, 7:46 AM

So why are we concerned about what goes on at that other University that has a Tiger for a Mascot?

Mar 8, 2019, 8:46 AM

Because they think it happens at every college in the country.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2019, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on the LSU Wade situation? ]

cuz he's a Clemson boy?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2019, 11:06 AM

NCSU could be in some trouble. Might help Clemson with some recruits somewhat.

The only thing that's going to help Clemson's recruiting...

Mar 8, 2019, 1:30 PM

is better recruiters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Well, if you're recruiting by the rules

Mar 8, 2019, 5:05 PM

And other teams aren't, exactly what would be YOUR definition of 'better recruiter$'?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2019, 4:56 PM

Tnetters waiting patiently for NCAA hammer to swing on basketball blue bloods

Mar 8, 2019, 5:13 PM

Why blame Wade? People are not bad, circumstances makes them one. The pressure to win is so higj from the management and fan bases that it creates the new "wades" of this world.
Look at Tigers fan base and how we react to Brownell. Winning in BB is not easy. There is some luck and history associated to recruiting outside of coaching.
Hope tigers learn to appreciate what we have. winning is not everything.

Mar 8, 2019, 5:55 PM

At the end of the day, players make coaches look better or worse than they really are. In basketball, one player can make a difference to a team like Zion at Duke. Duke is average without Zion. They are elite with him. I am not saying Coach K is but most college bb coaches have been cheating and paying players for some time. If you are not willing to play ball and pay up, you don’t get the elite players. The culture of college basketball recruiting is different than football. As fans we can’t compare what Dabo does in football recruiting with Bronwell in basketball. Football players are looking for a home for 3 years at a minimum and don’t have multimillion dollar paydays waiting only one year away. The one and done rule has made “college” basketball a joke. Kids don’t even go to class after the fall semester. I think if you let those go pro out of high school that want to and make the ones going to college stay for three years it would begin to help with cleaning up things some. Also, you have to make some examples of big time coaches like Wade, Self, or whoever else is found to be involved in this situation with multi year bans from coaching to attempt to clean up the situation.

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,903
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic