Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on the Hilinski kid?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,559

Thoughts on the Hilinski kid?

Sep 12, 2019, 3:45 PM

Forgetting, if you can for a moment, who he plays for, what do you think about him so far? Granted, his first game wasn't against much competition, but 80% completion rate isn't too shabby no matter who you're playing (24 of 30) and 2 touchdowns. Seems to have a lot of maturity and composure, especially considering all the additional pressure being placed on him with all the media attention regarding his brother. Gotta be tough to have that continually brought up. He's really getting thrown in to the fire this Saturday. Will be interesting to see how he does.

I just wish he'd transfer to a different school so I could pull for him! Seems like a good kid and early indications are that he may at least be a decent quarterback.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on the Hilinski kid?

Sep 12, 2019, 3:49 PM

You said it at the beginning of your post. Can’t get by the Gamecock thing. Go Tigers

Sep 12, 2019, 3:57 PM

For a real response. I think he looked good for the competition he was playing. Made a lot of accurate throws. I question his arm strength. I mean sure he can complete a 40 yard ball but it didn't seem to have a ton of zip on it. Also have to remember while he did look accurate he wasn't pressured at all. Will be interesting to see how he performs against Alabama. I don;t really think of that as being a "fair" test for them because the receivers and linemen will all be way over matched.

What little I saw he has a live arm. What I didn’t see,

Sep 12, 2019, 3:58 PM

and of course I just saw a very small sample, was the ability to move around in the pocket. My honest opinion of him is that he’s a good if not great passer but I have a feeling he will fold when pressured. Most guys do. That Oline will get him killed if he’s not mobile. If he can’t move around in the pocket several teams will have a sackfest against the chickens this year. They are horrible on both lines of scrimmage IMO.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So far...

Sep 12, 2019, 4:17 PM

he hasn't done anything.

There are literally hundreds of other QB's around the country, including Flake Headroom, who would have done the exact same thing against such a lousy opponent.

Lighting-up The Charleston Southern School for the Deaf and Blind doesn't impress anyone other than a bunch of mouthy and deluded uof5c fans.

What he saw last week and what he'll see this week are at total opposite ends of the college football spectrum.

Rowdy Burn: "You run good."

Cole Trickle: "Thank you."

Rowdy Burns: "Now go get your own car and we'll see how you do in a crowd."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 12, 2019, 4:20 PM

So why should you care who he plays for? I want every ACC team to win every game they can until they play us. A 2-0 Tarhole team is a lot better than a 1-1 team, especially if the loss had been against the Coots.
The more teams from the conference with winning records outside of the conference only help Clemson at playoff time, providing we beat everybody we play.

Sep 12, 2019, 4:25 PM

If he was that good, why didn't he beat our Megahead for the starting job?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 12, 2019, 4:26 PM

I don’t want to see him succeed. He plays for a team/area I despise. He could have went to any school in the nation but chose to go to that dump. Back to your point though he played CSU so let’s see him play actual D1 quality competition and then judge him.

Message was edited by: Clemson_country89®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 4:31 PM

I actually feel sorry for the guy. He does not deserve the firestorm that he just got thrown into. Your 2nd game is against an ticked-off Bama team that remembers the last time they came to cootlumbia. He might not survive the game. We all know how Bama tries to hurt your starting QB.

Sep 12, 2019, 4:52 PM

As an adult, having children, I cringe when I think about losing a child, particularly to suicide. The courage this Mother and Father shows by allowing their son to chase his dream is special. The choice of playing in Columbia would not fly with me but these people left everything behind to start fresh and I admire their devotion to fam8ky. I hope this young man plays well against everyone but us. There are some things that transcends the banter back and forth among rival teams. This is bigger than sports.

Sep 12, 2019, 9:16 PM

Who cares.

Nope. None.

Sep 12, 2019, 5:18 PM

Smells like chicken. I don't like him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a

Sep 12, 2019, 5:34 PM

Coot. I expect teams to blitz him a lot. I also believe the Colts will go 3-9. Wins over Tennessee and App State. Maybe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Jake Helsinki will perform well...

Sep 12, 2019, 8:29 PM

until bently heals and the helsinki syndrome wears off and ole Jake gets another shot at Clemson. Who knows. I am biased in my opinion. And I respect my opinion :)

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,559
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic