Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on next year's leghumpers...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Thoughts on next year's leghumpers...

Jan 9, 2018, 9:15 AM

Looking at the leghumpers depth chart:
http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/georgia/90590

They are going to be losing quite a few starters next year on both offense and defense. On offense they are going to lose 6 of this years starters (their two most productive RB's, their LT, one WR, a TE, and FB). On defense they will lose 7 of their starting defenders. These are just the Senior losses and does not account for any Juniors that may leave early for the NFL. One silver lining for UGA is that Fromm will return next year and the value of a good QB cannot be underestimated.

I'm not sure how much playing time UGA's backups have gotten this year and that could also be a factor next year. According to one of Chris Fowler's comments last night, other than Nick Eason, UGA had not lost a starter to injury all year long. That is almost uncanny in big boy college football and undoubtedly was a factor in UGA making it to the playoffs. It may, however, also result in a relatively inexperienced second string if UGA did not do a good job of getting the backups reps throughout the year.

UGA has recruited well but we will see if Kirby is able to reload instead of rebuild. Clemson has proven we reload and have a very good system in place for getting our backups game reps throughout the year (just about every backup on Clemson's roster has a minimum of 150 game reps this year). Next year will be a test for the leghumpers (particularly on defense) and I would not be surprised if they struggle at times next season. UGA's saving grace is that they play in the SEC East and that train wreck of a division will afford them some opportunity to gain some experience against other teams that are struggling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My thoughts? Screw Jawja.

Jan 9, 2018, 9:20 AM

eom

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Thoughts on next year's leghumpers...

Jan 9, 2018, 9:23 AM

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank God Dabo is not interested in running up the score but more interested in building depth. Next year when we don’t beat someone 50-0 because Dabo takes the starters out early 3rd quarter remember that he is always building toward the future.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2018, 9:27 AM

I would count on another few declaring early, so the may lose 8-10 from that defense.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2018, 9:28 AM

Jacob Eason***

The offense likely improves.
RB, they will reload. Swift is the next stud. Very small drop off (depth).
LT, Andrew Thomas will flip from RT to LT and they will be fine. Small drop off at LT. Cade Mays or one of the other 5* OTs they have fills at RT. No drop off at RT.
WR, they have a ton of good youngsters and will actually improve as a unit.
TE, they will be better. Nauta is a stud.
FB.. no clue, but not that big of a deal.

The defense will regress. Some juniors will jump to the NFL.
DB should be fine with younger guys that are very talented getting more experience.
DL might be the same or slightly better, unless some of the juniors leave. Then they will be hurt.
LB is where they could see some serious drop off, which is understandable since they probably had the best group of LBs in the country this year.

They are going to be very good next year. The problem is they have to go through Auburn, LSU (away) and (likely) Bama to get back to the CFP. I just don't see that happening. They will end up in the 5-8 range.

Snowflake Basher........Out

My thoughts exactly

Jan 9, 2018, 9:37 AM

I looked at their schedule for next year and I think they will be an 8-10 win team in the regular season. I do not see them beating both Auburn and LSU in the same year, and I think that a Dan Mullen coached Florida team will push them in that rivalry game. They always seem to drop one they are not supposed to, and if the defense has significant losses (juniors leaving early) it could cause significant issues in the first half of the season.

They'll still win the $EC Least***

Jan 9, 2018, 10:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic