Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on Ladson and Ngata
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,635

Thoughts on Ladson and Ngata

Jan 14, 2020, 3:09 PM

This is not a criticism of them - after all, we never saw much of them this entire year.

My point is that I recall what an impact Sammy Watkins made in his freshman year. I recall what an impact Justyn Ross made for us last year. These two stars have had really no impact whatsoever for us this year.

Were they overlooked to favor Higgins and Ross? Yeah, those two a great but they weren't difference makers in the final two games - sometimes different personnel provide not just a spark but a real problem for the defenders who were shutting down our starters.

Why did two 5-stars warm the bench this year?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on Ladson and Ngata

Jan 14, 2020, 3:12 PM

Sammy didn't have the competition that Ladson and Ngata have. It was easy to see the difference between Sammy and the other skill players.

Ladson and Ngata will be contributors, but they need to wait their turn with the talent we have at their positions.

Jan 14, 2020, 3:17 PM

With the praise they got from Dabo I think it's simply a learning year for them and get time when needed. They mostly played with Brice who hardly got to throw the ball when he came in, I thought both of them showed great flashes when given the opportunity. Don't forget Ross didn't get to start until about week 8-9 last year and our receivers weren't even close to as deep as this year.

Jan 14, 2020, 3:23 PM

So much with the WR position is determined by timing with the QB and a trust that you are going to read things the same. We have a lot of depth at WR, but there is only so much practice time for them to get in step and on the same page with Trevor. There should be some spots open up and hopefully Ladson and Ngata will make the most of the opportunity.

Jan 14, 2020, 3:30 PM

I trust the coaches obviously so what do I know. I did wonder throughout the year with all the blowouts, why didn't these two get more reps so they were a bigger part by the end of the season. But maybe they just weren't ready yet

Jan 14, 2020, 4:03 PM

It did seem odd they did not play more, especially late in the season. Tee and Ross were banged up, and they went with Overton more. Seems like we could have used Ladson's pure speed. Maybe they hit the wall, or the coaches didn't completely trust them to read the coverages correctly.

We need them to step up next year, particularly Ladson with his deep threat speed.

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,635
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic