Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on AU defense and Kevin Steele
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Thoughts on AU defense and Kevin Steele

Aug 29, 2016, 2:13 PM

Kevin Steele isn't an awful coach. He is just awful against the spread. Last year he did a good job with a talented LSU defense. But guess who they struggled with the most? Ole Miss, who runs a similar, but less effective, offense when compared to Clemson. Ole Swag Bag threw for almost 300 yards with 2 TD's and ran for 2 more (final score was 38-17). Auburn will have a pretty talented bunch on D, particularly on the defense line (IMO they are not all that impressive elsewhere). But I think our offense will spread them out and slow them down. Watson's escape ability and ability to execute the read option should slow down the ends a bit. In short, I'm confident that we will be able to move the ball with relative ease and give our inexperienced D some breathing room. Can't wait for Game Day. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on AU defense and Kevin Steele

Aug 29, 2016, 2:17 PM

I'd be really surprised if Watson and Gallman don't each have 100 yards rushing. Steele's defense needs time to diagnose the formation and line up properly, there should be wide open lanes all night long.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2016, 2:22 PM

Yeah I would definitely take what Steele did at LSU with a grade of slaw. Auburn having Steele is a blessing in the skies

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2016, 3:11 PM

I hope you are right that Steele still has trouble against the spread. Pat Dye says this the most talented defense he has seen in the last 30 years at Auburn. Hopefully Steele coaches them to have to think too much and always be a half step slow.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dye was probably looking at all 22 of them....***

Aug 29, 2016, 3:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dye must be hittin the sauce.........

Aug 29, 2016, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on AU defense and Kevin Steele ]

Auburn's D couldn't carry Alabama's 2015's shoes.....and we all know how our O handled them. The #### guy is senile!!!

The Auburn board pundits appear to doubt their DBs

Aug 29, 2016, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on AU defense and Kevin Steele ]

If that is warranted DW4 and our WRs will losses up that line.
DW4 seems to start a little slow sometimes so I will not panic if we don't start to pull away from them Q1

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic