Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts from the ground in New Orleans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 4,017

Thoughts from the ground in New Orleans

Dec 27, 2017, 10:24 PM

Safe travels all Tiger fans traveling to New Orleans. My wife and I are fortunate to have gone to the Orange Bowl 2-yrs ago, then to Tampa last year to watch us make history right in front of my eyes. Having graduated in the mid 90’s, the possibility that our program would evolve into the standard on and off the field really wasn’t comprehensible to me at the time.

This year we’re in NO, but unfortunately it’s not for the game. My wife is undergoing her third cancer surgery at a clinic/hospital on St. Charles right down from the dome. As much as I’d like to go, her recovery and return home is obviously first priority. I know the team and our fans will once again make us proud no matter the outcome. We’re really blessed with the quality put forward by David, Nicky, Branden and others in covering our Tigers in a special and intimate way.

Enough of us. If you’re looking to come down and find a place to stay, we’ve stayed in Metairie for two of the surgeries. We’re Hilton junkies. As I write this there are two rooms at the Homewood Suites and a couple of rooms at the Hampton. Metairie is about 5-6 miles from the dome and is a bit more tame compared to NO proper. The Homewood is also pet friendly, but they are almost sold out. Your other option within the Hilton family is the HIlton Garden Inn at Elmwood/Clearview Pkwy area. Otherwise, there’s plenty available at the airport.

Again, good luck to us all. I wish I could be there with you all in person but will be in spirit. Once again, thanks to you on TNet for the discussion, content, perspective, humor, and special connection that binds us all as Tiger alumni and fans.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts from the ground in New Orleans

Dec 27, 2017, 10:27 PM

Prayers for your wife for healing and for you for strength. God bless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2017, 10:29 PM

Prayers for your wife and family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2017, 10:39 PM

Prayers for your wife and her surgery. Positive attitudes help when going though this, or did with me. Here’s to hoping for winning outcomes for your wife and our game

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 27, 2017, 10:42 PM

Good luck to you and your wife. I hope she gets all this behind her and she has wonderful health in the coming year .

Prayers lifted up for the boyh of you.***

Dec 27, 2017, 11:05 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for your wife, and for you. Clemson sports have

Dec 27, 2017, 11:08 PM

always been a constant, like a rock, or maybe a link to normalcy during rough times for me. Here's hoping you guys find some similar comfort in it too. It doesn't hurt if we win, either!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 27, 2017, 11:15 PM

Prayers for wife and you

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope she may be healed.

Dec 27, 2017, 11:21 PM

My beloved wife is a cancer survivor, so I have a special empathy for those whose wives go through cancer struggles.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

prayers for both of you.***

Dec 27, 2017, 11:35 PM

Our thoughts and best wishes to your family.***

Dec 27, 2017, 11:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2017, 8:15 AM

I was just telling a friend how anxious I still get before big games - but in the grand scheme: why? As it (really) isn’t going to change me or my life, win or lose.

Then I see your post.

God Bless you and your wife, and help all through this. My prayers and positive thoughts coming your way my friend. Tell your wife this Tiger is cheering her on and HER ‘game’ DOES mean something to me and I’m certain a lot of others in our Tiger family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 28, 2017, 8:29 AM

Prayers for your wife and you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers for you and your wife as she undergoes surgery...

Dec 28, 2017, 8:33 AM

and thanks for getting my back in the other thread [no baptist].

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Prayers sent...

Dec 28, 2017, 9:11 AM

My wife has been going through some health issues recently and we thought cancer was a real possibility until they determined the problem. It was a scare but not a reality so I cannot imagine going through that ordeal with your wife.

Prayers sent for strength and full recovery.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers sent.***

Dec 28, 2017, 9:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 4,017
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic