Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts from the Upper Deck
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,800

Thoughts from the Upper Deck

Oct 22, 2018, 9:08 AM

while you fat cats were down there hopped up on Dippin Dots, i was watching some football:

-Dexter Lawrence was an animal on Saturday. They couldn't block him. NC State started having to roll Finley out of the pocket to avoid the inside pressure.

-Isaiah Simmons was all over the field, too. 11 tackles (8 solo)

-Tee Higgins is a route running machine. Watch him without the ball - he runs hard, and he stops and cuts on a dime and has great hand work. Higgins, Renfrow, and Ross just catch everything.

-Good to see Trevion Thompson out there getting the ball. Seems like he played alot at the 5 slot? Veteran who Dabo always says practices hard. There's been a lot of talented WRs at Clemson since TT was a freshman in 2015, and he's been a good team player.

-I thought NC State's LBs played very well and were excellent tacklers. Thats probably as good of a job as can be expected against Clemson's run game. I thought we could have established it if we ran it more, especially in the 2nd half, but the pitch-and-catch was working. Also that Running Back is a load.

-Finley is a good player, we all knew that going in, but I think the difference vs last year (aside from our secondary being so banged up in 2017 that Ray-Ray had to play at Corner in the 4th QTR) was that State just didn't have the skill players around Finley that they did last year. No Nyheim Hines, no Gallaspy II, no Jaylen Samuels.

-Speaking of Finley, he was 1st Team Preseason All-ACC. Trevor Lawrence is already better than him.

-The way TL stretches the field, our Screen Pass game could be deadly if we work on it more.

-I was kind of shocked how few fans State brought to the game. Very small patches near their tunnel + the band, and a small corner in the NUD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

^ Excellent analyst of game from nose bleed section jtiger1..

Oct 22, 2018, 9:32 AM

and did you get to see the lake from there..as my GF#1 did & immensively enjoyed back in 2009 when i decided to treat her to height & unfortunately for me a near heart attack.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know it Bill! It was a perfect day. Here are a few

Oct 22, 2018, 10:02 AM

pics of the mountains.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Thoughts from the Upper Deck

Oct 22, 2018, 10:24 AM
IMG_6529.JPG(60.5 K)
IMG_6533.JPG(120.5 K)

Some pretty good picture-taking up there

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hines

Oct 22, 2018, 10:47 AM

was hurt and played poorly in 2017. 8 rushes for 34 yards and 2 passes for 5 yards.

The difference was the secondary.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 22, 2018, 11:26 AM

Our secondary played much better than anyone expected.

It's REALLY hard to stop those short outside routes but our DBs got hands on the ball as it arrived without interfering.

On some of those runs by ETN, it was similar to the Wake game where, with one missed tackle, it would have been a touchdown. State made the tackles while Wake did not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was great to see the Upper Decks full in the corners!

Oct 22, 2018, 11:57 AM

NCSU fans do not travel. I worked at State for many years and my co-workers who were grads and “big fans” wouldn’t even travel down the road to Duke, UNC, or Wake ... much less to Clemson.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was great to see the Upper Decks full in the corners!

Oct 22, 2018, 12:43 PM

they dont hang around their home games in the second half either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 12:40 PM

The Wolfpack had an excellent plan to stop our running game. The LBs were plugging the holes and if they missed a tackle we would have had some long gainers. Unfortunately, they overlooked the fact TL is as advertised and his passing riddled their secondary. This should give our future opponents cause to worry.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 12:50 PM

+1 Nolan Turner had a great game. Made some great tackles

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,800
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic