Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thought Stoudt looked pretty good today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,870

Thought Stoudt looked pretty good today

Nov 23, 2014, 12:04 AM

when he has time to throw, he is an above average QB. He just isn;t built to scramble and throw on the run and thus he has struggled when we get handled up front. When he has time to sit back, his decision making is decent, and he does have a pretty decent arm.. Either way, I never though the kid sucked or is a bad QB and was happy to see enjoy some success today.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the hair.***

Nov 23, 2014, 12:06 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like Sampson, his strength is in the hair.

Nov 23, 2014, 12:10 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, I just meant looking good.***

Nov 23, 2014, 12:12 AM

Stoudt doesn't have a decent arm

Nov 23, 2014, 12:28 AM

that is the problem and why teams stack the box, cause they don't fear him throwing deep at all. Ga st has one of the worst defenses in the country and Stoudt couldn't even manage 200 yrds passing. The guy continues to miss open WR's. Hopper dropped one that was right in his hands, but other than that Stoudt wasn't very good. Bottom line is we need Watson badly, cause our offense is pathetic without him. SC will stack the box, so we won't be able to run the ball like today if we can't throw something down field, which Stoudt hasn't shown he can do consistently

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stoudt doesn't have a decent arm

Nov 23, 2014, 12:31 AM

he does have a good arm, he is just terrible under pressure.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 12:38 AM

Stoudt under throws just about every deep ball he throws. He also missed wide open TE's on the roll out with ground balls. He has a 5 out of 1-10 scale on arm strength. Watson or bust

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 1:34 AM

Oh look we have the Tigers new QB coach. You have posted the same thing about Cole I know at least 5 times. Dang how many times you going to say the same thing?

Nov 23, 2014, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Stoudt doesn't have a decent arm ]

No..he has a terrible arm and is terrible under pressure. I mean..what game are some of you watching?

Cole really didn't gain his composure until the 2nd half.

Nov 23, 2014, 1:27 AM

He looked like he was having a little fun. I'm glad he came to Clemson and I'm glad he's graduating. I wish him the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thought Stoudt looked pretty good today

Nov 23, 2014, 2:23 AM

Nope
can't run throw or make quick good decisions. He is Not Good.

Re: Thought Stoudt looked pretty good today

Nov 23, 2014, 7:09 AM

Stoudt is not a good qb at all. He makes Will Proctor look like an All Anerican qb.

No offense

Nov 23, 2014, 8:26 AM

but if you think that, then you didn't pay attention to the game. In Cole's defense, he would be a much better QB if our OL wasn't a POS.

I dunno, he has really poor footwork and needs a perfectly

Nov 23, 2014, 8:32 AM

clean pocket to throw. He's still staring down his primary receiver and rarely/never throwing to anyone else. His deep ball is really poor, he waits too long to throw them and/or floats the ball so the WR never has a chance to catch the ball in stride - every single one turns into a jump ball.

He actually did look OK rolling to his right and throwing the two times we did that with him yesterday, so the designed roll out might be something to look for more against the coots if we have to play him. The hot read to Mike Williams that we threw a couple of times against soft coverage was pretty good too. Better than a screen because he was catching the ball 2-3 yards down field already and then had a 1 on 1 situation to pick up more yardage that wasn't reliant on WR blocks that we can't seem to get right this year.

Agree. So why didn't Morris make those adjustments earlier

Nov 23, 2014, 9:10 AM

in the year instead of "doing what we do."?

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,870
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic