Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Those of you who hate ESPN, why don't you get off the grid?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 2,121

Those of you who hate ESPN, why don't you get off the grid?

Dec 11, 2016, 3:13 PM

Cancel your cable or satellite service, buy one of those $40 digital antenna or $10 rabbit ears and move on.
I'm tired of hearing people fuss about ESPN. IF you grew up when I did you'd be thankful for it. Back in my day there were 3 channels you got (ABC, NBC and CBS) and lucky if you got all 3. There was 1 or maybe 2 college football games on each week.
ESPN does not hate us.
There is no conspiracy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those of you who hate ESPN, why don't you get off the grid?

Dec 11, 2016, 3:16 PM

Remember when I first got cable . Espn was so great , coming from 3 channels

Dec 11, 2016, 3:22 PM

I probably grew up in the same period, but I despise ESPN. Only watch that commie channel when Clemson plays football and no other time. Don't watch, basketball, baseball or anything else. Refused to watch the Heisman last night since I knew what kind of a spin they were going to have and what I have read, apparently I was correct.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 3:27 PM

At some point the fow news model will be used for sports and there will be a viable alternative. ESPN will be relegated to eating scraps

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2016, 3:42 PM

exactly, said format would allow announcers and commentators the opportunity to call specific players thugs, while others represent american families values. All this nanny PC crap from ESPN is over the top.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those of you who hate the coots, why don't you just move out of SC?

Dec 11, 2016, 3:21 PM

They are never going to stop being pathetic proud loser idiots. They are never going to shut their squawking loser beaks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

wow

Dec 11, 2016, 3:24 PM

you got 3 channels
i remember only having 2
twas a while before we got abc

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wow

Dec 11, 2016, 3:27 PM

and benny hill on the UHF knob was the bomb if you could find him. you could flat out see titays on public access.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking about this the other day. Everyone complains, but

Dec 11, 2016, 3:24 PM

what if it really did go away? Is your sports experience better, worse, or unchanged?

I know I'd be bummed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Better or unchanged.

Dec 11, 2016, 3:31 PM

FS1, CBS Sports and NBC Sports would pick up the slack on broadcasting games. Hopefully none of them would pick up the slack on 'hot takes' and progressive propaganda.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hasn't been for me, outside of watching games...

Dec 11, 2016, 3:35 PM [ in reply to I was thinking about this the other day. Everyone complains, but ]

I don't watch ESPN. You can find highlights of games online anyway, so ESPN is obsolete. Especially having to turn to SVP as lead sportscenter anchor

I agree, but the online games are still mostly ESPN

Dec 11, 2016, 3:39 PM

productions, including the new online ACCN.

Dec 11, 2016, 3:28 PM

Why don't you get over yourself AND if possible as soon as possible... we all pay the same price for esecpn, we don't pay for or tune in to see a bunch of pundit clowns who probably have never played a team sport bombard us with their bias and corruption! Get a life??

yeah they do hate us, did you not see how they slighted Watson...

Dec 11, 2016, 3:31 PM

by intentionally making his segment the shortest after Jackson's long winded segment? Not too mention one of their anchors going on an hysterical tirade against us. They have been bashing Watson and Clemson all season. I don't dwell on it, and only time I watch ESPN is for games, but ESPN hates Clemson with a passion. You're a fool to deny it. It showed against Wake when the play by play announcer kept on bashing Watson the whole game. Thing is it's nothing to get overly angry about, because ESPN is a failing network and can't do a thing to stop our success. And let them add as much fuel to the fire as they can, as Watson will prove them dead wrong

You only watch games, huh?

Dec 11, 2016, 10:50 PM

I.e. the events that produce like 80% of their revenue.

Thank YOU for sticking it to the man on behalf of all of us.

Dec 11, 2016, 3:34 PM

When I grew up I can't recall ever seeing a college game except for army/navy. Pro ball was the redskins or nothing no basketball to speak of and only the dreaded Yankees in the summer. I like ESPN and am able to tolerate most of their announcers. I can't believe all the coverage that the Tigers get every day. Amazing

I agree they don't hate Clemson. They don't hate anybody,

Dec 11, 2016, 3:36 PM

but they are a tremendous influence to their viewers and that includes media across the country. They do still pump the SEC, but their new agreement with the ACC network will probably cause them to give our conference more attention.

I watch a lot less ESPN than I used to. I hardly ever watch their College Football Daily or any of those other weekly shows. I watch the network for the games, as there is no other option for the number of college games they provide.

I'm 57 years old, lived with the 3 network TV channels plus PBS until we first got basic cable my senior year in high school in 1977. That doesn't change anything about my distaste for the influence ESPN has on all sports media, but it also won't stop me from paying my $269 per month Direct TV bill for the gazillion stations they provide. The games are more important to me than the ridiculous talking heads.

Dec 11, 2016, 3:38 PM

Because 24/7 sports scores and highlights beats staying up until midnight on Saturday to watch The George Michael Sports Machine for a 2 second mention.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do all that when I can just not watch ESPN?***

Dec 11, 2016, 3:40 PM

Holy crap! They've gotten to Tiger Contractor.

Dec 11, 2016, 3:41 PM

Look away guys, he's a goner.

TRUST NO ONE!

The contract between the SEC/ESPN isn't a conspiracy, but

Dec 11, 2016, 7:52 PM

an inappropriate contractual relationship that is bad for college football. The PAC 10 and BIG 10 have FoxSports promoting them 24/7.

I got rid of my cable last year

Dec 11, 2016, 10:38 PM

Best decision I made in a while. Life is good without ESPN

ESPN's hype/love of LJackson won him Heisman.

Dec 11, 2016, 10:46 PM

AND ESPN's love of SEC is apparent, and fully of hype.

I am allowed to hate ESPN and stay on TigerNet. Most of the Tigernetters are not in love with ESPN.

Re: ESPN's hype/love of LJackson won him Heisman.

Dec 11, 2016, 10:59 PM

Alabama, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan....

If ESPN loves you you're probably pretty #### good....

Does that go for the SEC as well?

Dec 11, 2016, 11:08 PM

Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Mizzou, Miss St., Arkansas, Tennessee for the last 10 yrs, Scar for the last 100 yrs.

They love the SEC.

Re: Does that go for the SEC as well?

Dec 11, 2016, 11:14 PM

The SEC was pretty good for a while....you can't deny that.

Yes I can. Bama, LSU, and Florida were good during their

Dec 11, 2016, 11:22 PM

run of success. The rest, not so much

Three teams does not a conference make

Re: Yes I can. Bama, LSU, and Florida were good during their

Dec 11, 2016, 11:28 PM

Add Auburn to that list as well. They won it all in 2010 and played for it again in 2013.

From about 2006 when Florida won its first of back to back titles to about 2013 when FSU broke the streak the SEC was a very strong conference.

The love fest has died down because it's more even across the board now.

Re: ESPN's hype/love of LJackson won him Heisman.

Dec 12, 2016, 9:40 AM [ in reply to ESPN's hype/love of LJackson won him Heisman. ]

When a player scores 50 TDs he deserve hype.

Dec 11, 2016, 11:00 PM

Seems you're missing the point...

Dec 12, 2016, 7:35 AM

I don't hate ESPN myself. I even use the WatchESPN app often and cast to my big screen TV. It's great IMO.

Growing up with those 3 channels, I mostly watched the NFL teams and the NBA. For college games, it was ND, Michigan, OSU, USC, UCLA, Texas, PSU, and OU. I don't remember seeing any other teams on TV. Not even Alabama.

Now - I never watch the NFL or NBA games. Not interested at all. I still watch most of those college schools along with every CLEMSON game I can. ESPN allows me to do that often, which I appreciate. I'll put up with their obvious love-fest with the SEC and BIG schools for now until something better comes along.

Dec 12, 2016, 9:32 AM

Yes sir. Tell em! How can they hate us when they show every single football game we play? They advertise the heck out of it all week. They really like us IMO.

3 Channels!?! Why in my day there was only one show in town

Dec 12, 2016, 9:40 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BbU4Cb4A4-o

null

Replies: 32
| visibility 2,121
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic