Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Those of you bashing these two for no defense are hilarious
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Those of you bashing these two for no defense are hilarious

Dec 7, 2013, 7:26 PM

They're pretty d@mn good offensively. They're in the SECCG, so their defenses have been good enough.

Who do you think would stop AU? FSU? Ha.

I think I'd love to see AU/FSU.... I'm not sure FSU could handle it. You can make fun of Gus all you want... man can flat out coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: Those of you bashing these two for no defense are hilarious

Dec 7, 2013, 7:27 PM

We handled Gus 2 out of 3.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow***

Dec 7, 2013, 7:30 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Are you drunk?***

Dec 7, 2013, 7:31 PM

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please elaborate***

Dec 7, 2013, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Wow*** ]

I think we were 1-1 against Auburn when Malzahn was OC.

Dec 7, 2013, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Those of you bashing these two for no defense are hilarious ]

The first year we lost a heart breaker in OT when Billy Napier's O was just as impressive as Gus's was with Cam Newton. The next year we whooped Gus and his O pretty good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

No***

Dec 7, 2013, 7:27 PM

Yep.***

Dec 7, 2013, 7:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those of you bashing these two for no defense are hilarious

Dec 7, 2013, 7:31 PM

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They must be in prevent mode ;)

Gus only calls three plays. lucky he has a good O line***

Dec 7, 2013, 7:38 PM

fsu would bend both of these teams over.***

Dec 7, 2013, 7:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think FSU shuts AU down?

Dec 7, 2013, 7:42 PM

I think they win a high scoring one, but I don't think they dominate

yes, i think they dominate auburn. auburn can't out athlete

Dec 7, 2013, 7:46 PM

fsu.

this is horrible football that started with a turnover fest. neither team can gain traction. fsu would set the tone early and often.

can auburn hurt them? yep, about as much as osu could with miller.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's much better coach when he has great players like he

Dec 7, 2013, 7:44 PM

has this year (as any coach would be), and like other coaches, he's not so great without the talent.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Do you know anything about his career?

Dec 7, 2013, 7:47 PM

ARK

Tulsa

Auburn

ARK ST

you could argue they overachieved after Cam left by winning 8 games

I never said he was a bad coach. He's a very good coach.

Dec 7, 2013, 8:01 PM

When we went to head with them when Gus was there, our O was every bit as good as his or better, and he is much more successful with better athletes, and is very beatable when there is a talent drop off. That's all I'm saying.

- H. L. Mencken

Who's not?

Dec 7, 2013, 8:03 PM

But you could argue that the opposite this year... he's got a former DB playing qb

Everybody is better with better talent. His former DB who is

Dec 7, 2013, 8:11 PM

now his QB is very, very good as a QB, particularly in this offense. Their entire offense is very talented.

Great coach + great players = great team.
Great coach + not so great players = not so great team.

To the extent Malzahn is responsible for assembling the talent, he gets the credit for that part of the equation as well.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: He's much better coach when he has great players like he

Dec 7, 2013, 7:52 PM [ in reply to He's much better coach when he has great players like he ]

Last year Auburn stunk it up. Was it because Chizik had no talent? Obviously not since basically the same talent, now coached up, is about to win the SEC.
Coaching is always THE difference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is very "cootish"

Dec 7, 2013, 7:46 PM

To defend SEC defenses whose claim to fame is tough hard nosed defense....well one team is probably going to have 600 yds of rushing alone and in the 50pt range. Unless you are Denver Broncos playing a local high school, that is ridiculous

Good Lord if these guys lost to UGA like they should have

Dec 7, 2013, 8:04 PM

Nobody would be having this conversation.

SEC

Dec 7, 2013, 8:20 PM

Is the best conference but it's not head and shoulders better. In fact it's a down year for the sec as a whole. Even with these 2 teams in seccg Bama is still their flagship team. If the sec has another down bowl season espn might think of reneging before the playoff.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic