Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Financial Aid Office and Online All Semester
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,666

Financial Aid Office and Online All Semester

Aug 13, 2020, 3:00 PM

Just got an e-mail and after nearly a month of asking the financial aid office to update my daughter's Life GPA with her latest transcripts they finally did it. It sucks that they are not responsive at all to issues that are caused by them not doing their jobs.

On another note my daughters Spanish professor, for a class scheduled to be face to face all semester just sent her an e-mail stating that they will be online all semester. I imagine this is coming from all classes, interesting timing on the day that payments for the semester are due. This is a complete ripoff, online classes should not cost the same as face to face. We're moving into the apartment that we have leased through July on Saturday. I feel bad for the students.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

Re: Financial Aid Office and Online All Semester

Aug 13, 2020, 3:04 PM

Are you willing to take a pay cut if you are asked to stay at home to complete your job. The professor is likely doing more work each day to re-design the class for a remote audience.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 3:20 PM

I get your point. We have several engineers working from home and no I don't expect them to take a pay cut. The wife teaches and I assure you it is a pain to setup and teach from home or online.

My point is we signed up and are paying full price for a service. That service has changed negatively and I personally believe that CU was aware that it was changing for the entire semester yet we didn't receive an update until it was too late to change our mind. We would have paid full price for online but it makes me unhappy that CU can't be straight up and tell us that the classes are completely online prior to the payment deadline. It feels very dishonest or at least disingenuous.

Message was edited by: 1994CUTIGER®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

Are you willing to pay the same to watch a game on TV

Aug 13, 2020, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Financial Aid Office and Online All Semester ]

as you are to be in the stands?

At least your daughter isnt graduating in December like my

Aug 13, 2020, 3:12 PM

son. Been paying for an unused apartment since mid-March.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe you sent the request to the wrong office.

Aug 13, 2020, 3:12 PM

I work in college administration, and Admissions usually updates transcripts for new students, and the Registrar’s Office does it for continuing students.

The FAO would then award aid based on what’s entered in the system by the Admissions Office or Registrar’s Office.

Of course the FAO should have forwarded your email to the proper office if they didn’t do that initially.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe you sent the request to the wrong office.

Aug 13, 2020, 3:22 PM

She had 60 hours which were shown clearly on her CU transcripts yet the financial aid office only had 43 hours. We have been dealing with this since early July.

Chris Fowler

Those hours would be entered into the system by

Aug 13, 2020, 3:28 PM

another office, not the FAO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those hours would be entered into the system by

Aug 13, 2020, 3:35 PM

You would think the two offices could communicate.

Chris Fowler

Re: Those hours would be entered into the system by- why

Aug 13, 2020, 4:04 PM

no one gets off their behind to do their job anymore. If it requires any effort they sit there and ignore it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel your pain...but I don't think that CU is trying to

Aug 13, 2020, 4:16 PM

be sneaky. The professors/teachers I know would much rather be in the classroom. An A is an A either in class or virtual.

My senior is doing her internship in Greenville so paying for her apartment isn't that big of a deal for us since she had to live somewhere. Really hate it for those having to pay rent if everything goes virtual. I'm surprised that CU didn't handle your scholarship issues better. My daughter had to put her scholarship on hold for a semester when she did her practicum and it was fairly easy, but then again that was pre-Covid. Go Tigers!

Re: I feel your pain...but I don't think that CU is trying to

Aug 13, 2020, 5:10 PM

With so much uncertainty in today’s normal life I can understand how this could happen. I’m sure that the problem will be corrected by Clemson but they are like the rest of us. Searching for answers to questions that no one has the answer to at the moment.

How do you feel about IPTAY giving refunds?

Aug 13, 2020, 9:10 PM

I’ve read a lot of comments here from people saying that IPTAY shouldn’t ask for refunds, because “IPTAY needs our support now more than ever.”

I would argue that Clemson University needs our support now as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Aug 13, 2020, 9:20 PM

My son is an incoming freshman. I don't mind supporting Clemson University this semester, but I do hate it is at the expense of my child's education.
I am sick and tired of 2020.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Aug 13, 2020, 9:27 PM

We are all sick and tired of 2020. I think the situation is a lot worse for kids in school and for those starting a new school. I cannot imagine how bummed I would be if I had seen my senior year in high school frozen in March, missed a prom, a graduation and then to find out I would not be going away for a normal college experience. And it would be awful to have just finished college needing a job or finding out I had to start working from home instead of meeting my new work environment face to face. And the situation for young couples planning that big wedding that got blown away sucks too.

I feel sorry for all the young adults caught up in the Covid disaster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2020, 8:59 AM

They are ones suffering the most. This can really have a lasting effect on the school age kids. We have let our son go to the beach with friends 3 times and take a trip to CA this summer just to keep his spirits up. I hope things get back to normal next year.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,666
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic