Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson, Watson sweep preseason ACC voting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson, Watson sweep preseason ACC voting

Jul 21, 2015, 8:06 AM

Clemson, Watson sweep preseason ACC voting

Clemson is the preseason favorite to claim the Atlantic Coast Conference football championship, according to a poll of 158 media members in attendance at the 2015 ACC Football Kickoff at Pinehurst Resort, while Deshaun Watson nabbed the preseason Player of the Year honor. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So much for flying quietly under the radar.***

Jul 21, 2015, 8:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: So much for flying quietly under the radar.***

Jul 21, 2015, 9:32 AM

It's hard for something this big to be missed by radar. The best news is the competitors know we're coming for them, and there is nothing they can do about it except take hope their #### whippings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2015, 9:56 AM

I think our program is past the point of flying under the radar

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2015, 10:21 AM [ in reply to So much for flying quietly under the radar.*** ]

I agree, and it feels to me as if the voters intentions was to paint bright red target on our back. All of those ACC voters know that Clemson and FSU are a lot closer than their votes insinuate. That is the reason I believe they are shining their spot lights right in our faces, to ensure everybody can see they have painted the brightest, reddest target on our back as they can. The last time they done that if I remember correctly, FSU came into DV and kicked the living chit out of us up and down the field. Dabo, all of our coaches and fans should start playing the ACC votes down. FSU is a talented team, and they are capable of winning where ever they play. For me personally, I don't want any disrespectful comments from Clemson Nation plastered all over their locker room walls. There are only a couple of give me games on our schedule, and FSU in the Valley isn't one of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2015, 10:31 AM

I havnt posted in awhile, since football. I think this team has the potential to won the Acc and make the playoffs. If we do then BV and the co-oc's have done a helluva job! Also gotta give it to Dabo for the job he would for us to get there

Re: New Story: Clemson, Watson sweep preseason ACC voting

Jul 21, 2015, 8:12 AM

so, the coots are going down to the 5th place team in the coastal huh. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2015, 8:28 AM

What nimrod reporterhead gave NC State a shot at winning the ACC Championship ?
Oh lawd.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 21, 2015, 8:51 AM

Lol.... His money is on the loooooooooooong shot... lol

Jul 21, 2015, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson, Watson sweep preseason ACC voting ]

Someone picked NCSU to win the conference, but didn't pick them to win the division? Seems reasonable...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2015, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson, Watson sweep preseason ACC voting ]

Honestly, I wish we would have been place 2nd or 3d. Being place 1st has always been bad luck for us, and with all the young talent we will have to play this season, making them think or believe they have already arrived before they have play a college game, much less a college season ain't good. That is what causes a team to lose games they shouldn't have, guys that believe they are to good to lose bc the media has said so!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2015, 8:30 AM

The only good thing about all this FSU off the field stuff is that although we were picked first and Watson voted best player, no one is really talking about it.

It has been overshadowed by off the field incidents, particularly by FSU.

Our players know we have the potential to be great again this year, but I don't think they take it for granted. The veterans know how tough it is to win the conference and I'm sure the freshman are taking notes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is cool but

Jul 21, 2015, 9:12 AM

Im always more comfortable with us starting out as the underdog. We always seem to play better when we are the underdog

Re: This is cool but

Jul 21, 2015, 9:34 AM

I hope those were the old days. I believe we have a different mantra now. We will see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What he said!

Jul 21, 2015, 9:37 AM

This is the new Tigers, playoff bound and Heisman winner!

Re: This is cool but

Jul 21, 2015, 10:42 AM [ in reply to This is cool but ]

We have always played better than we were told we could. It's that Tiger pride reacting after we feel we have been disrespected!!!!

Jul 21, 2015, 9:17 AM

by.bu.but Walt said he was the only one picking Georgia tech to win their division

Well that clinches it

Jul 21, 2015, 9:27 AM

We're doomed, DOOMED I tell you!

Watch Duke win it all now.

Poot

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: Well that clinches it

Jul 21, 2015, 9:35 AM

I will take that bet.

UNC will win the coastal

Jul 21, 2015, 9:38 AM

they have virtually the same team back from last year that beat Georgia Tech. LOL so that means its a lock right?

Best Is The Standard

NC State though...

Jul 21, 2015, 9:47 AM

How do they have a vote to win the title but no votes to win the division?

We'd be preseason #10 in the SEC right coots?***

Jul 21, 2015, 9:50 AM

Jul 21, 2015, 9:54 AM

This is great summer reading, and I am excited for this football season. But my recollection is last time we were favored to win the ACC was 2008. And I have a memory of coming to the realization that the prediction was wrong sometime in the second half of the Maryland game that year. Could one of you experts check me on this?

Jul 21, 2015, 6:43 PM

Picked to win 2 years ago.

It's over Jimbo, go home.***

Jul 21, 2015, 10:06 AM

Certainly no sneaking up on anyone now, they've got the

Jul 21, 2015, 10:42 AM

bulls-eye on their backs, lets see how they can perform as the favorites. If DW remains healthy all year, they should be able to accomplish their goals.

Listen! The culture has changed

Jul 21, 2015, 12:28 PM

Today's Clemson football athletes understand that they have to EARN every yard, first down, touchdown that they make. Nobody is going to give it to them. This is why you see all the games we have won when we were favored the last few years...what, 26 straight to Unranked teams? Dabo has done an extremely good
Job of making sure these guys don't buy into the hype.

And the fact that we have a QB with icewater in his veins.

Jul 21, 2015, 1:17 PM

The only other Tiger QB/leader that I've seen even close to DW4's composure is "Da OG Coot Killa" Charlie Whitehurst.

This will help our recruiting for the best guys!

Jul 21, 2015, 3:12 PM

If they know they can come in and win a starting job, they are coming to Clemson. Every top recruit wants to play for the best team.

Our ability to recruit the best will be enhanced by being picked to win the ACC. Especially in Florida against Florida State.

We have a better program, better fans, better facilities, a much prettier campus on the hills and lake, better academics and a better Stadium.

We have recruited very well but this year we could take it to a new level in the next few years by making it to the playoffs.

All the best players want to play for the best team. Love to set a standard for OLU, DBU, DLU and DEU to go along with QBU, WRU, RBU,LBU, CBU and SU. Then we could work on STU & TEU.

I hope we exceed expectation, it could put us in the top teams for years to come.

Go Tigers!! 1981 & 2015 would look great in the stadium. The clean way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: This will help our recruiting for the best guys!

Jul 22, 2015, 9:06 AM

I do like the way you think!

I'd rather be an underdog....

Jul 21, 2015, 6:33 PM

That said....

This is a new era @ Clemson, we should be favorites every year....

We EXPECT to win championships here @ clemson and this is no exception...

Besides... the ACC stands for Another Clemson Championship!!!!!

That is All....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

win this year and we should be poised for repeating next yr

Jul 22, 2015, 11:19 AM

Because if we win this yr, what do we really lose for next yr?

Offense
QB: DW will be back
RB: Return all with the exception of Davidson and adding Feaster
WR: Lose Peake and possibly Williams, return all others plus incoming freshmen
TE: Return all but Byers and add Chalk
OL: Lose Norton, Gore, Mac Lain but return a multitude of young talent plus incoming freshmen

Defense
CB/DB/S: May lose Alexander and that should be it
DL: Lose only Reader
LB: Lose Goodson and thats it

Hope they know better than Vegas & grasp OL, DL PK situation

Jul 22, 2015, 3:01 PM

Clemson's experience and depth on the OL & DL is worrisome, as is the PK situation. I wonder if the media truly grasps the full depth charts for Clemson, FSU, et al, or if the media more-superficially bases their picks on the prominent skill players.

The people who actually put money on it give FSU a slight edge to win the ACC.
http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/13080912/college-football-conference-title-odds-released

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic