Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Praise from the Democrat who said he shouldn't go
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Praise from the Democrat who said he shouldn't go

May 27, 2015, 5:35 PM

Before I get started, just to clarify things. I haven't voted for a democrat in a while. I wrote in Otis Nixon for president last time around.

Now, on to the praise:

I would like to say that I have always been a fan of Coach Swinney, but that wouldn't be true. I thought he was a stupid hire when it was announced that Clemson was making him our permanent coach. I mean, come on, the dude was a wide receivers coach, best known for his wild gesticulations when calling in plays, and now he's our head coach? I assumed we were either flat broke (kind of true) or Terry Don was dealing with senility, and Dabo's first year seemed to support my feelings. It was a cluster of disorganization, no one knew who was calling the plays, and Kevin Steele seemed like the only adult on our coaching staff. I was not a Dabo fan, but I was willing to concede that if he could some how win the ACC (which looked pretty impossible) I would fully support him as our head coach.

Dabo won the ACC, and I have been "all-in" ever since. He proved me wrong, and not only did he prove me wrong, he proved me wrong beyond my wildest dreams. The one quality that makes Dabo an elite coach is his ability to assess and change. He is willing to make the hard choices. When it was obvious that Napier wasn't going to cut it, he let him go, and brought in and up and coming in Chad Morris. When it was clear Steele wasn't going to cut it, he let him go, and brought in an established defensive coordinator in Brent Venables. This is not to say that the assistant coaches make Dabo a good coach. He is an excellent coach because he has a great long term vision for the Clemson football program. His plan to groom Elliot and Scott as Morris's successor was, in my opinion, a stroke of genius. When Venables eventually decides to give head coaching a shot, I hope we have someone on our staff ready to go. If I know Dabo, he has a plan.

Beyond the football field, I have nothing but respect for Dabo. His commitment to surround our program with former players is awesome. He has truly made Clemson football a family, instead of just holding pen for NFL players. When our players decide to stay 4 years instead of going to the draft, I'm not surprised, even though many people outside the program are shocked. It's easy to leave a job for a better job, it's much harder to leave your family. Our players go to class, graduate, and seem to genuinely enjoy their college experience. They leave as better players and better men, and they win a bunch of football games along the way. Clemson football is different, and Clemson football is special, and Dabo Swinney has a lot to do with that both on and off the field. I give the man nothing but credit, he is a exemplary representative of my fine university.

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post!

May 27, 2015, 5:38 PM

Good stufff??

Re: Great post!

May 27, 2015, 6:03 PM

Totally agree with your sentiments!! Thank you for a well thought out commentary on our coach and our football program. Well done!

Yep great post..........but I think he should've gone. JMHO***

May 27, 2015, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Great post! ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Praise from the Democrat who said he shouldn't go

May 27, 2015, 7:07 PM

You like to talk about yourself.

The bullies won. No reason why he couldn't go accept some dumb award.

This was a response to another post

May 27, 2015, 7:13 PM

I would say Clemson won.

Thanks BluecountryRaconstark.

Re: This was a response to another post

May 27, 2015, 7:16 PM

You voted for a guy who went to Jeramiah Wright's church. That guy is a dumb racist hatemonger.

Blue, LowCountry, Ned

May 27, 2015, 7:18 PM

You don't know who I voted for.

oh yes we do

May 28, 2015, 6:36 PM

I wrote in Otis Nixon for president last time around.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, you do know I voted for Otis

May 28, 2015, 6:51 PM

You don't know that I voted for Jeff Blauser in election before that.

Re: This was a response to another post

May 27, 2015, 7:18 PM [ in reply to This was a response to another post ]

I don't think you speak for Clemson. I doubt you have a degree from there.

You may want to start living your own life rather than living Dabo's for him.

Ouch, that hurt Blue***

May 27, 2015, 7:19 PM

Re: Ouch, that hurt Blue***

May 27, 2015, 7:26 PM

I'll leave you to do another 5 hour monologue on gay related issues. lol

My two cents, if you a straight guy talking about gays and gay issues all the time, it is because you are gay.

You keep talking about how been married but seem like you spending more time on here talking about gays than talking to your wife.

Wife is still at work

May 27, 2015, 7:30 PM

I'll be speaking with her a little later tonight (if you know what I mean). Then I'll go cruise the gay bars. Like I said, you got me.

Re: Wife is still at work

May 27, 2015, 7:33 PM

NO i def. don't 'got' you.

I don't understand you at all. A straight guy always talking about gays and gay issues is hard for me to understand. There are a lot of issues out there, why is that one issue so important to you.

THe funny thing is you probaboy don't talk about gay issues to the people you know off the internet. It prbably never comes up. But on here you never stop talking about it.

May 27, 2015, 7:49 PM

Drew just ignore this loser.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2015, 1:54 PM

Sounds like he knows what he's talking about to me. You a gay backer too?

and what are you talking about?***

May 27, 2015, 10:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Wife is still at work ]

the very fact

May 27, 2015, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Ouch, that hurt Blue*** ]

The very fact that you think calling him gay is some sort of 'win' for you represents the problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the very fact

May 27, 2015, 8:55 PM

Wow that Ned guy has some kind of boner for Drew.

Thinking same thing

May 27, 2015, 9:01 PM

Ned is trolling for man love it appears

Strange, this being a sports site

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey "Drew" Baby...I knew there was a good reason I followed you!

May 27, 2015, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: the very fact ]

And, you proved me right to do so with your fantastic post of extreme doubt to full support of DaBO! So, "ALL IN" is still alive & bright ORANGE.

GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GREAT post! Agree 100%***

May 27, 2015, 9:11 PM

May 27, 2015, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: the very fact ]

or I just getting tired of seeing his gay themed and other democrat pet cause posts all over a Clemson sports website. he never takes a break from it.

if i wanted to think about gay issues I would watch something on HBO. lol

May 28, 2015, 1:38 PM

Why so much consternation over the gays, Ned? Does a couple having a stable same sex marriage with equal legal and financial protections threaten you in some way?

May 28, 2015, 1:56 PM

Really? Has nothing to do with being threaten has every thing to do with what's right

May 28, 2015, 1:59 PM

Right according to whom?

null

May 28, 2015, 2:30 PM

Let's just say human bodies of the opposite sex are designed to fit together a certain way. It ain't natural and you can argue til you are blue in the face and it's not going to change mine or anybody elses opinion. Some of you jump on the gay bandwagon for one or 2 reasons. Either you are gay or you are just trying to impress gay people into thinking you are on their side to make yourself look better. Just sayin...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2015, 2:38 PM

Or 3 I dont give a #### what others do and think that the Government should stay out of religious matters.

null

May 28, 2015, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: the very fact ]

You don't even have to make biological arguments against it. From a cultural aspect, only a few societies have openly tolerated (Greeks, certain Middle Eastern civilizations, Japanese culture), but none have widely venerated it. The current movement isn't satisfied with mere tolerance. The legal system is to be used to impose it on states (even ones that vote against it). Then the legal system is to incorporate disagreement under the category of "unjust discrimination". Every high profile figure that even personally opposes same-sex marriage needs a public relations beat-down as far as they are concerned.

May 28, 2015, 4:28 PM

How ya doing TQ79?

null

May 28, 2015, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Re: the very fact ]

Ah, the "It ain't natural!" argument. Great stuff. So I'm sure as an "all natural" person, you've never participated in any form of ############, oral sex or sex before marriage...and you didn't have any sex that didn't result in reproduction. The natural order of sex is to reproduce, after all. No other species on the planet kisses to show affection, so surely you haven't ever kissed anyone, since that's a societal norm and not a natural action. Here's a few other things:

Have you ever eaten any non-organic food?
Have you drank anything other than water or pure milk (and have you ever drank milk post-nursing age)?
Ever had a beer?
Ever done any drugs?
Have you ever taken medicine?

If so, you're consistently participating in an unnatural life. Just accept the fact that all of us are living unnatural lives, and don't persecute others who are participating in the unnatural life that makes you feel scared because you just can't wrap your brain around it. It doesn't affect your life.

Maybe some people jump on the "gay bandwagon" because they're gay or want to impress gay people. However the vast majority of us just know gay people and realize they're just as human as the rest of us and think they deserve the same rights as the rest of us.

May 28, 2015, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: the very fact ]

Do you think anyone should be able to create any form of marital contract and force others to legally recognize it? For example polygamous contracts? Communal marriages? If not, why?

May 28, 2015, 4:27 PM

What was your old screen name?

null

May 28, 2015, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: the very fact ]

No I don't. I just think there should be equal protection afforded to gay couples. Pologamy often leads to bad stuff like child abuse and 60 year old creepy men marrying 13 year old girls, so I do not support that because someone gets hurt. With a consenting adult couple hurts no one.

I also don't believe churches should be compelled to perform gay marriages if it is against their religious convictions. To me it's a legal discussion, not a religious one.

May 27, 2015, 9:19 PM [ in reply to the very fact ]

I never said it was a win. You said that.

I said it is odd a man who claims to be straight is always on here talking about gays and gay issues. There are a lot of other issues out there. Why not talk about cancer research, etc?

You say that like you can't talk about gay rights and cancer***

May 27, 2015, 9:57 PM

Re: You say that like you can't talk about gay rights and cancer***

May 27, 2015, 10:00 PM

why does it offend you if i tell a person obsessed with one issue to diversify his portofolio some?

lol

you guys would be so mad if I came on here very single night and got on a soapbox about abortion. but drew can do this with gay marriage and it is awesome.

Well, see, abortion and cancer aren't relevant topics right

May 27, 2015, 10:03 PM

now.

When they do become relevant, I'm sure everyone will be more than happy to read your imput.

Re: Well, see, abortion and cancer aren't relevant topics right

May 27, 2015, 10:05 PM

gay marriage is only relevant because you guys are in Dabo's personal business. lol there is nothing forcing you to talk about Dabo's personal life on Clemson sports website.

There's nothing forcing you to read/respond

May 27, 2015, 10:12 PM

You can very clearly read what the topic will be by the title. So...skip it? Crazy idea, I know.

Re: There's nothing forcing you to read/respond

May 27, 2015, 10:23 PM

lol you guys have like 50 different threads about the same topic. the whole reason i'm posting is i've seen Drew spam the forum with his politics for the past year or so. it is fun to knock people off their soapbox sometimes.

I might go make 50 more threads about it.***

May 27, 2015, 10:28 PM

Re: I might go make 50 more threads about it.***

May 27, 2015, 10:33 PM

ok fine with me , don't get upset if i post about abortion and make snarky commnets about Democrats on them. lol if you want politics, i can give you politics all day :)

Re: I might go make 50 more threads about it.***

May 28, 2015, 4:12 PM

Ned, you're right. He could have gone. In fact, if he were truly sticking to his principles, he would have gone. He shouldn't give a tinker's cuss what some milksop politician said about him. But he chickened out. Maybe he'll think about it and regret it. Trust me....he's getting an earful from people who look up to him as a visable leader and spokesperson for his values. You will not hear about this reality on the news though.

Re: There's nothing forcing you to read/respond

May 28, 2015, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: There's nothing forcing you to read/respond ]

> lol you guys have like 50 different threads about the
> same topic. the whole reason i'm posting is i've
> seen Drew spam the forum with his politics for the
> past year or so. it is fun to knock people off their
> soapbox sometimes.

You're failing miserably at knocking him off his soapbox, though.

Re: Praise from the Democrat who said he shouldn't go

May 28, 2015, 12:44 PM

holy #### man move on.

null

You might be jumping the gun a little bit.....

May 28, 2015, 5:00 PM

on the new OC situation...

just sayin'.

Re: You might be jumping the gun a little bit.....

May 28, 2015, 5:01 PM

Thanks Skeeter3

null

I think we just scored on Oklahoma again***

May 28, 2015, 5:42 PM

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic