Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This was SC's year - and they BLEW IT!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

This was SC's year - and they BLEW IT!

Dec 2, 2013, 8:14 PM

First Post. Joined Tigernet several years ago... check in mainly for news.

This really doesn't take away the sting of Saturday night but I'm so glad SC didn't make it to Atlanta this year. Curiosity got the best of me regarding SC's schedule and their chances next year.

This year: Didn't play Alabama, Auburn, LSU, or A&M. Even with Florida, Tennessee and Georgia having a down year, they still didn't win the East.

Next year: Get's tough for the yard birds. They play both Auburn and A&M from the West.

THIS WAS THEIR YEAR and they blew it.

There, I feel a little better already. Does it make me a bad guy by wanting them to fail?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This was SC's year - and they BLEW IT!

Dec 2, 2013, 8:19 PM

No but you could say the same thing about us. 2013 was supposed to be our year and WE BLEW IT! So, what else is new?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will see what Winston looks like without those WRs &

Dec 2, 2013, 8:45 PM

some OL next year.

Prediction is he is not FSU!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2013, 8:21 PM

Unfortunately, you are absolutely correct. My first thought after the game saturday was about where we could be if we had shown up to play at tennessee.

Dec 2, 2013, 8:25 PM

I wish for once that we would BOTH have a dream season and play each other well.

Dec 2, 2013, 10:07 PM

After Clemson beat Georgia, I would have bet money that both Clemson and South Carolina would be undefeated going into this game. I'm a Gamecock and I was rooting for the Tigers to take down everyone up until the rivalry game. Unfortunately Florida State is a lot better than everyone thought they'd be, and South Carolina's defense took half a season to gel. The Tennessee loss was all on Spurrier.. poor clock management and poor play calling.

Dec 2, 2013, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: This was SC's year - and they BLEW IT! ]

The winner of the SECCG, due to schedule strength, should probably jump OSU to #2, but likely won't. In a 4 team playoff, SEC champ will always be one of the 4, even with 1 loss. Margin of error less in other conferences.

cha-ching

Dec 2, 2013, 8:22 PM

I feel the same way. I believe we have seen the best of Carolina for a while. This year was the best shot they've had ever...and the loss to Tennessee must but the crap out of them.

I strongly believe that the best is yet to come for the Tigers.

If the best is yet

Dec 2, 2013, 8:24 PM

To come for the tigers, how is it not the same for the gamecocks?

Re: If the best is yet

Dec 2, 2013, 8:29 PM

Good question, wise one. We must have a monopoly on the future.

Haha

Dec 2, 2013, 8:32 PM

Let me in on that, I need some guaranteed future stuff myself

I don't know about the schedule being harder

Dec 2, 2013, 8:35 PM

South Carolina avoids playing back to back road games all year for the first time under Spurrier. I think that's pretty rare in CFB.

Auburn is by far and away the toughest game as it stands right now. A&M is at home and they will have a QB making his first start on the road, at night, at WB. Florida is apparently going to try and install a new fast pace offense and, as Clemson fans are aware, it can take some games to get it running optimally. Tennessee will be better next year, but it's also at WB. Georgia loses Murray, so their quarterback's first big road start will be at WB.

But, yes we did fall flat on our face against UT and missed a big opportunity this year. Next year is too far away, but it's going to be an interesting year for both teams. New quarterbacks on both sides, we're lucky as our first couple "big" games are at home. Hopefully we both win the games we're supposed to win which will set up for a classic next year at Clemson.

Re: I don't know about the schedule being harder

Dec 2, 2013, 8:41 PM

They play back-to-back road games every season. This year it was 3 in a row.

Re: I don't know about the schedule being harder

Yeah, but not next season.

Dec 2, 2013, 8:38 PM

This was Clemson's year - and you BLEW IT!

Absolutely correct. They pulled a gamecock vs Tennessee and

Dec 2, 2013, 8:40 PM

really blew the year that was made for them to win the SEC Title and maybe the national title

Yeah

Dec 2, 2013, 8:41 PM

But we get another chance next year.

all that squawking just turns into what?

Dec 2, 2013, 8:43 PM

More dirt peckings!!

They will never be relevant.

Shaw is gone & Our D will be complete in The Valley 2014, not to mention I could coach our O next year.

I don't even hear the birds who squawk all night bc of artificial light.

Dec 2, 2013, 8:44 PM

Schedules are prepared well in advance of the season no matter what the standings are. I don't think it's ever anybody's year because so much happens all season. Sure it would have been nice to go to Atl but we didn't so it is what it is. I'm happy with the way our season turned out. We just need to win our bowl game, wherever that might be.

No offense,but you are going to Atlanta this year***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:00 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No offense,but you are going to Atlanta this year***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:09 PM

Chik-fil-A bowl? That would be fine with me since I live 25 miles from Atlanta. :)

Technically, Clemson lost the games we were suppose to lose.

Scar lost to Tennesee. A game they should have won

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Technically, Clemson lost the games we were suppose to lose.

Dec 2, 2013, 9:09 PM

I completely agree.

Best is yet

Dec 2, 2013, 8:46 PM

To come for tigers yes, we've shot ourselves last few years, not like single shot but machine gun, yet we've beat teams that have beat the #####(chuckle) each year. We are through the dandy dozen recruiting cycle, have great young db's and depth on d. Offense will pick up with o line and stronger backs. If auburn can win with a converted backup corner from uga we can win with Kelly or Watson. Stoudt could win the battle for QB but I'm on a tangent. Our depth and recruiting and systems will keep us in top 10 for a long time.

Meanwhile scar has benefited from taking our recruits since coaching change. They still can't recruit with us(buy, maybe) but we are getting all the parts in place that next time they will need 10+ turnovers to win(ok sarcasm) . The sec east has been in the crapper for a while, I mean 2 years in and the 2 new teams have really shown they can't compete. Knocked off Bama and won heisman 1st year and competing for conference title second year, wow, clemson should've gone to sec! Anyway coot stock is falling and will crash when Spurrier heads to the beach. Of course we will give them 21 points off of ### turnovers(hope not) but it won't save them, Morris trick plays and fumbled punts aside.

You are aware

Dec 2, 2013, 8:58 PM

That even as far out as 2015 we are getting 5 stars already from our own state regardless of coaching for Clemson. We have proven that we can develop talent better than Clemson. We have proven that we can beat you when you have an improved d. We have proven that we can beat you with the qb who will be playing in the game next year. We lose 0 receivers, we lose 0 rbs. We lose 1 olineman. We retain all of our linebackers who will be much better. We get 2 juco d lineman who will immediately contribute. Our secondary will be young but I have pretty good confidence they will surprise people still. Consider this, every touched down scored Saturday was scored by a sophomore aside from shaws. I've heard for years that we will digress but I haven't seen it yet. I think we will be just fine.

I GOT SOMETHIN THEM COOT SUMMBICHES CAN BLOW!***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coots already have kids decomitting from 2015

Dec 2, 2013, 9:04 PM

2014 looks terrible for you

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Coots already have kids decomitting from 2015

Dec 2, 2013, 9:13 PM

We had 2 guys verbally committed, but after the UGA loss they decommitted. I think they both want to attend UGA. Whatever. I think we'll be fine.

It's little consolation, to be honest

Dec 2, 2013, 9:12 PM

I mean, it's nice to see they're shut out of the SECCG yet again thanks to "Cocking" against Tennessee (and, apparently according to everyone now, UGA) but it doesn't make me feel a whole lot better about my own team's results.

That being said, I specifically remember saying before the season started that SCar had drawn the golden ticket to the SECCG and even the National Championship game thanks to their schedule. And they couldn't get it done either. So that's enjoyable. If there's one bright spot in comparing our two schedules and results, it's that the only team who "pulled a ####" is SCar.

(And yes, this is part of my continuing attempt to put "pull a ####" and "Cocking" into the national football lexicon.)

Shameik blackshear

Dec 2, 2013, 9:16 PM

Says he's 110% gamecock and we are in on several other big prospects in a big way. You can't deny that

Re: Shameik blackshear

Dec 2, 2013, 9:20 PM

Glad he wants to play for a septuagenarian

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I was SOOOO happy

Dec 2, 2013, 9:17 PM

When Missouri won . Scar would have beaten Auburn most likely. Now we can rest easy as Tennessee, Florida, and UGA restore order

Not to mention

Dec 2, 2013, 9:17 PM

We are probably picking up Samuel this week and sawyer later this month. Probably get Wesley green back in the fold too

He's no Clowney***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:18 PM

Dec 2, 2013, 9:19 PM

> First Post. Joined Tigernet several years ago...
> check in mainly for news.
>
> This really doesn't take away the sting of Saturday
> night but I'm so glad SC didn't make it to Atlanta
> this year. Curiosity got the best of me regarding
> SC's schedule and their chances next year.
>
> This year: Didn't play Alabama, Auburn, LSU, or A&M.
> Even with Florida, Tennessee and Georgia having a
> a down year, they still didn't win the East.
>
> Next year: Get's tough for the yard birds. They play
> both Auburn and A&M from the West.
>
> THIS WAS THEIR YEAR and they blew it.
>
> There, I feel a little better already. Does it make
> me a bad guy by wanting them to fail?

Pot......meet kettle. Same can be said for Clemson. This was "the" year and you blew it. What's next?

Nobody will be a clowney

Dec 2, 2013, 9:20 PM

So that's kinda dumb to say.

We have conference championships in the last 40 years***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:21 PM

Which means he's a down grade***

Dec 2, 2013, 9:21 PM

Dec 2, 2013, 9:31 PM

Schedule wise you are correct. Talent wise we were very young this year, especially on defense. Not as good as last year or not as good as we will be next year. But you are correct schedule is a little tougher.

Not having clowney

Dec 2, 2013, 9:37 PM

We won without clowney, don't see why we can't keep it up. Who knows, maybe we will have someone step up and become the next tiger killer on d. My money is on Thomas

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic