Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We would love to have Gary
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

We would love to have Gary

Jan 31, 2016, 8:43 PM

But if he chooses Michigan it will effect Clemson football's future little...good luck to him and

GO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We would love to have Gary

Jan 31, 2016, 9:08 PM

It appears he and his family are a great fit for Clemson....and Clemson is a great fit for them.
We welcome them with open arms and family forever !!!!

This type of player does affect the program. They don't come

Jan 31, 2016, 9:14 PM

along every year. On top of that he is a high quality kid with a great family. Not getting a DE that can move like him would not kill our defense but getting a player like this, it's pieces of championships.

Message was edited by: RenegadeTiger® Because of be grmmers

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: This type of player does effect the program. They don't come

Jan 31, 2016, 9:16 PM

maybe he'll come along and teach folks the difference between affect and effect
/sarcasm

Re: This type of player does effect the program. They don't come

Jan 31, 2016, 9:23 PM

Michigan bound...imo

It's the Tigernet effect of bad grammars***

Jan 31, 2016, 9:39 PM [ in reply to This type of player does affect the program. They don't come ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

I agree

Jan 31, 2016, 9:50 PM [ in reply to This type of player does affect the program. They don't come ]

and I hope we land him.

getting a little old don't ya thank

Jan 31, 2016, 9:30 PM

Bengal lame

Keep your day job. Recruiting isn't your strong point.***

Jan 31, 2016, 11:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2016, 12:00 AM

:) Actually, I could be wrong, but Gary might just be the single addition that we need to make it to the NC playoff once again. I'm just a little worried about our D after two consecutive seasons losing so many to the NFL or graduation. I would feel more "warm and fuzzy" with Gary on board.

Feb 1, 2016, 12:06 AM

My thoughts also. If you lose starters every year, they have to be replaced with players that make an impact walking in the door

Feb 1, 2016, 12:11 AM

Exactly. We have a lot of talent coming back. No doubt. But no matter what, losing 16 or so players from our defense alone the last two season WILL take a toll. If you look at the dominant teams that sent a lot of early NFL guys like Miami, USC (real one) and others, it did have some impact. I think with addition like Gary we mitigate that somewhat, while BV continues to coach em up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2016, 12:19 AM

Hopefully the offense carries us while the defense takes shape. Plenty of time for that before fsu..jmo

We did lose a lot...

Feb 1, 2016, 3:21 AM [ in reply to Re: We would love to have Gary ]

But you also have to love the fact that our defensive quarterback is back in Boulware. We have an extremely experienced Jadar Johnson stepping in as one safety. Tank will lock down one side and we rotated a lot of new guys in Mac's spot and they are ready to contribute. Van Smith looked great in his limited action and Tanner Muse has been getting great reviews. We have big time talent returning in Dorian and Korrin for one OLB spot (maybe Korrin plays safety). Then we have a pretty good pool of talent to choose from for the other. Chad Smith has better measurables than Boulware or even Rahshan Smith. And Rahshan and Tre are on campus already. We are the deepest in the country at DT and that position can make it easier on everybody else with being able to rotate fresh bodies. Bryant is going to be a stud. Probably better than Vic or Shaq when it's all said and done. And we've got a handful of really physically gifted players that we can test out on the other side. I'm looking for either Ferrell or Lasamuel Davis to take it over though. Davis is crazy fast, can bend the edge and is a natural speed-rusher. He is like Vic, if Vic would have figured his position out 3 years earlier.

So all-in-all... In Venables I trust.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Feb 1, 2016, 1:04 AM

Gary is not a make or brake addition to this recruiting class; great player and would love to have him as a Tiger. But we have Lawrence, Wilkins we will be fine.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic