Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sunday Dabo teleconference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 3,542

Sep 11, 2011, 7:06 PM

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said during Sunday's teleconference with the media that his team has to play more physical and cut down on errors if they hope to compete with defending national champion Auburn next Saturday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sunday Dabo teleconference

Sep 11, 2011, 7:14 PM

Can you post the audio to this? Thanks!

"We didn't execute the fake FG"...

Sep 11, 2011, 7:20 PM

if only we could find a person to come into practice and teach the players how to execute... if only....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't mind some people getting executed!***

Sep 11, 2011, 7:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was a low point in his coaching career

Sep 11, 2011, 7:24 PM [ in reply to "We didn't execute the fake FG"... ]

there was nothing to be gained - kick and we are up 2 scores.

No excuse for this decision.

Re: That was a low point in his coaching career

Sep 11, 2011, 9:38 PM

I completely agree. The fake fg was the most ridiculous call ever. Like we needed to respond with a fake of sorts just because Wofford had some success with it. Of course if Cant. were dependable at least 90% of the time maybe we would have had more confidence to just kick it.....

Re: That was a low point in his coaching career

Sep 11, 2011, 9:49 PM

.........my agreement with the previous comment is in reference to "no excuse", but I disagree with it being the "low point in his career".....

8+3=11...why even fake it. could have cost us the game***

Sep 11, 2011, 11:05 PM [ in reply to "We didn't execute the fake FG"... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess he missed McClain doing his

Sep 11, 2011, 7:35 PM

Barn door impersonation. And no, I do not think this is Dabeaux's low point....

Antoine "El Matador" McClain

Sep 12, 2011, 9:55 AM

is the biggest liability on the O-line. Showed up over-weight, apparently is receiving regular injections of lead in his butt and I think I saw him wearing those new Cosa Nostra Cement-Tech cleats. Our only hope is that he gets so big it takes the defense 10 seconds to just get to the other side of him. I don't know what happened to him. I thought he played pretty well last year

I would say he played inconsistently last year

Sep 12, 2011, 10:06 AM

He has talent. When he decides to play, which this year apparently he has not.

Re: I guess he missed McClain doing his

Sep 12, 2011, 9:58 AM [ in reply to I guess he missed McClain doing his ]

on 2 plays the def "lopped" and hos man went inside and the other tack came over to his side.. he never moved while the guy got a sack one time!!! where are Caldwell`s eyes?????????????? IMHO he is by far the weakest likn in our poor ?????O/L

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This teams got major issues. Strangely Boyd isn't one of

Sep 11, 2011, 8:27 PM

them. He's performed as well as could be expected. The back look very good as well. But the o-line stinks. Not a single 3rd or 4th and short conversion yet that I remember. We're talking Wofford and Troy here. And way too many mistakes by the defense. Embarrassing pass coverage, poor tackling. Maybe the defense can be blamed on youth, but what's the excuse for that o-line. Future results based on what I've seen so far. Probable wins over BC, NCSU, and Wake. Losses to AU,FSU ,VT, USC and MD. Probable loss to GT. That's 5-7. Skip Holtz are you still committed to USF. Don't get me wrong I like Dabo's personality and I wish he'd get us there, but I really think him and Spaziani are the coaches to get he ax in the ACC.

Re: This teams got major issues. Strangely Boyd isn't one of

Sep 11, 2011, 8:54 PM

Are you a crybaby and this pessimistic in the rest of your life...losers say that we are going to lose games...

Re: This teams got major issues. Strangely Boyd isn't one of

Sep 11, 2011, 9:44 PM [ in reply to This teams got major issues. Strangely Boyd isn't one of ]

Wow, discouraged much? I respect what you're saying and completely sympathize. But, I refuse to throw this on Dabo as well. These guys are young. You can coach and coach but you cannot make a player execute and play physical. It's on the players for there lack of discipline completely. Mis-tackling, on the players. Missed assignments on the players.......those mistakes aren't coaching flaws. The o-line needs to wake up. The youth is to blame on defense. I think our coaching staff is pushing these guys in the right direction the best they can and it's not just press conference jargon that so many have referred. Have some faith people.

I know facts are frowned upon on here,but we were 7-15

Sep 11, 2011, 11:43 PM [ in reply to This teams got major issues. Strangely Boyd isn't one of ]

on 3rd downs.I have no idea what ^^^^^^is smoking.

hell yeah!!! we're undefeated!!!!***

Sep 11, 2011, 11:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

will it take 10 freakin years to get rid

Sep 11, 2011, 10:16 PM

of this under-qualified coach?!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: will it take 10 freakin years to get rid

Sep 11, 2011, 10:39 PM

you pessimistic cornballs. again for the uneducated our team was practicing trying new things in the field of play so they could have live game footage to check out to see what they need to do to correct any problems. fake field goal? PRACTICE. bad fourth down call. PRACTICE. among other things i saw. it was close because we were practicing against these guys. if i'm wrong i will admit it. but i do not think so. GO TIGERS AND NOBODY ELSE

For the uneducated...

Sep 12, 2011, 10:00 AM

Our head coach is still playing favorites, starting kids he recruited over kids who can out-play them.

There is NO WAY McClain should be starting over Cloy, and I can't believe Caldwell hasn't done or at least said something about this.

Re: will it take 10 freakin years to get rid

Sep 12, 2011, 9:34 AM [ in reply to will it take 10 freakin years to get rid ]

I've always been on that feels 'any' coach should be given 4 full years as a measuring stick. Dabo is in his 3rd year. I also consider myself a football fan, not just a fan of a football team. I don't know how many of you guys played football...but breaking in a new QB, O-scheme, Fresham WR and LB's...and everyone is looking for a miracle. Collectively this team will develop but have growing pains. Just give the man his 4 years and see what happens. The Ole Ball dude in Columbia has been there how many years? and they are just getting a team that is making some noise. Everyone jumping for an 'experience' coach, complaining after 3 years...would you have been as patience if it would have taken an experience coach like SS as long as it has with USuc?

You realize that we played Troy & Wofford, right?***

Sep 12, 2011, 1:16 PM

Re: Sunday Dabo teleconference

Sep 12, 2011, 12:34 AM

Go Tigers!!!! Beat Auburn!!!

Replies: 22
| visibility 3,542
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic