Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year

Jan 20, 2020, 7:50 PM

Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year

The South Carolina Offensive Lineman of the Year is a Clemson Tiger. Will Boggs is a 2020 lineman out of York (SC) who had a stellar season. Boggs made the Shrine Bowl and was voted Region Offensive Lineman of the Year. He graded out at 88 percent and added 41 knockdowns and one sack in the 2019 season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year

Jan 20, 2020, 7:52 PM

This stood out: Presbyterian, Newberry, and Davidson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 20, 2020, 7:59 PM

Not the Offensive Linemsn of the Year part?

Jan 20, 2020, 8:00 PM

Also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 20, 2020, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year ]

Yeah, pretty similar to Hunter Renfrow, right?
That worked out ok!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2020, 8:03 PM

That’s what I’m saying.

Anomaly?

Jan 20, 2020, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year ]

Anomaly

Jan 20, 2020, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year ]

hey dickweed did you miss the part that he will be a walkon. guess we can not all be stud tiger swimmers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2020, 8:11 PM

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH.

What is wrong with you? You think that’s a weak offer list? Shame on you.
Shame.

You kiss your mother with that mouth?

Ah, so it was a compliment of sorts. Glad you clarified...

Jan 20, 2020, 8:22 PM

...that for us. I thought, at first, you were serious.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Ah, so it was a compliment of sorts. Glad you clarified...

Jan 20, 2020, 10:39 PM

I’m going to say tiger_swimmer® meant good with his response. Totally get the perception otherwise, but not his style.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2020, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year ]

Just have to overlook Deroberts..,..he ain’t right and has really serious anger management issues......told him awhile back he needed help but I guess he didn’t listen to my advice......seriously that guy needs help.....Go Tigers!!!!

Jan 21, 2020, 12:56 AM

Couple years ago, when I first started commenting, some poster always made nasty comments to me (I forget who it was.) Back then I only posted at night.

Once I realized that all his negative posts weren't just to me, and occurred around 9 PM, I encouraged him to see someone and/or take his meds.

His behavior changed.

I'd like to think I helped him, but at least i got him to stop talking out of his %/$# at 9 pm!

Jan 21, 2020, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year ]

User Logo
tiger_swimmer®
Ring of Honor [27933]
TigerPulse: 100%
Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year [3]
Posted: Jan 20, 2020 8:11 PM

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH.

What is wrong with you? You think that’s a weak offer list? Shame on you.
Shame.

You kiss your mother with that mouth?

no but i kiss your mother with it.

Jan 20, 2020, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year ]

Big Fella can ball and not scered of work. Wouldn't shock me one bit he cracks the 2 deep his rs sophomore year... Maybe sooner.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2020, 9:01 AM

I see it for him about the same. I think that the main reason that he doesn't have the big time offers, its mainly bc of the quality of HS coaching that he has gotten at the HS level. All HS coaches can't coach offensive lineman to what they must be able to do at the college level of the offensive game plan. There is a reason that it's harder for offensive lineman to get the same star quality as defensive lineman get. There is a lot more to being a top offensive lineman, especially from the HS level when most are running the ball more so over a HS passing game....

Jan 21, 2020, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year ]

Agree - kerigantoo !! And - wouldn’t be surprised if he has a PhD by the time he graduates .. Entering as a second semester sophomore ... how many players do that ?? ??

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Lol he said

Jan 20, 2020, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year ]

Dickweed

I FOR ONE, WOULD LIKE TO COMPLIMENT DE FOR NOT USING

Jan 21, 2020, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year ]

ALL CAPS FOR HIS POASTS. WAY TO GO, DARLING!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I FOR ONE, WOULD LIKE TO COMPLIMENT DE FOR NOT USING

Jan 21, 2020, 12:41 PM

Agree .. Maybe his anger management courses are helping !! ??

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: I FOR ONE, WOULD LIKE TO COMPLIMENT DE FOR NOT USING

Jan 21, 2020, 4:28 PM

I SURE HOPE SO!

This stood out...entering as a second semester sophomore

Jan 20, 2020, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year ]

Who really knows what this kid will bring to the team. I'll put my trust in Swinney.

And yes, I was the thumbs down.

Re: This stood out...entering as a second semester sophomore

Jan 20, 2020, 8:32 PM

he certainly seems to have the intellect to be successful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 20, 2020, 9:27 PM

Last time I checked, offensive lineman need intelligence.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2020, 8:59 PM [ in reply to This stood out...entering as a second semester sophomore ]

You can TD me all you want.
But if you take his offer list as an insult, you have some introspection to do.

Jan 20, 2020, 10:42 PM [ in reply to This stood out...entering as a second semester sophomore ]

You didn’t TD.

I was afraid of that, head scratcher* ***

Jan 20, 2020, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year ]

Jan 21, 2020, 5:05 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year ]

Dabo loves them all the same except ETN & Trevor!????????????????????

Dabo has delivered fresh air to Clemson and big poots to the chicKENS!!

The Best is yet to ........ sing it but add the last word!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jan 21, 2020, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year ]

Grady Jarrett was recruited by Clemson, Buffalo, Georgia State, Western Kentucky. We have found TNTC gems in South Carolina even in down years. Don't want to walk away from those even when you have a 5* class.

Welcome to the family!!!***

Jan 20, 2020, 8:12 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

GPA booster for football team average while....

Jan 20, 2020, 8:28 PM

He grows into a stellar lineman.

Jan 20, 2020, 8:48 PM

They dont bring guys in who cant play. I trust the coaches on scholarships and walk ons.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2020, 8:51 PM

I went to Clemson 3 years before I was a second semester sophomore. Nice to have brains.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2020, 9:00 PM

Congrats Will. Thanks for coming to Clemson. Don't worry, you'll get that scholly soon. You can red shirt, learn from the seasoned vets and ball out on the scout team, work your weights and hit power hour hard.

Big Fella gonna steal someone's spot in a couple years. Will is a baller. Needs hands and feet work, but like I said, lerrn from the best!!!!

If he red-shirts, he could have a PHD or 2 when he graduates

Jan 20, 2020, 9:41 PM

That would be AMAZING!

Jan 20, 2020, 9:32 PM

Did I look over it, I didn't see HT and WGHT. Looks about 6-3 6-4 290

Jan 20, 2020, 9:39 PM

6-4 285 is listed on his 247 profile. Which, ain't bad comin in. Trend overall is lighter quicker olineman. I really think all he needs is coaching up. He might have been a 3* had he gone to a different school.

Jan 20, 2020, 9:46 PM

lmfao he was coached by one of the best oline coaches in the state who happened to be his dad and played for the head coach of the shrine bowl this year also. he played at a 4a school.

Jan 20, 2020, 10:35 PM

You are a dickweed yourself. A real piece of work. Look at all the comments I've made about him. The ONLY thing I was giving him was praise. What I said, had he gone somewhere like img or omg or whatever them academies are, he'd had more visibility. That was ALL I was pointing out.

Jan 20, 2020, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year ]

As for coaching up, read above, power hour, weights, playbook... And nothing said about he didn't have good coaching. Merely a reference for all our recruits.

Jan 21, 2020, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year ]

As I have stated K too, most HS coaches don't know how to coach up offensive lineman.

Hmmm... I know some Boggs from that area.......

Jan 20, 2020, 9:48 PM

I doubt there's any family ties because this kid is smart.. And they are... well.... not.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Welcome and Good Luck Mr. Boggs!

Jan 20, 2020, 9:48 PM

Go get that scholarship.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2020, 10:18 PM

Congratulations! More than just book smart, Smart young man to want to play for coach Caldwell! Welcome to the Clemson family!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2020, 10:51 PM

The 4s and 5s certainly look nice on paper and that gets you the accolade. But there has been enough busts from those types of players, that nothing is guaranteed. I also remember a certain Larry Nance . . .

Jan 20, 2020, 10:55 PM

Amen.

OL's are some of the hardest to judge and rate anyway

Jan 20, 2020, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers land commitment from SC Offensive Lineman of the Year ]

Re: OL's are some of the hardest to judge and rate anyway

Jan 21, 2020, 5:18 AM

Intelligence will allow him to become a stellar O lineman.

Welcome to Clemson!!!!***

Jan 21, 2020, 7:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ut oh...

Jan 21, 2020, 9:32 AM

We have a guy locally at my son's HS that is an OL/DL our coach mentioned has been offered a preferred walk on spot at CU. He's about 6'3 280, state champion wrestler, hardly ever left the field, even played special teams. He's planning to be a mechanical engineer. Hope this didn't take up that offer. Either way, glad to have Boggs in the fold. Go Tigers!

He looks more than a bit like

Jan 21, 2020, 10:43 AM

Bresee...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ut oh...

Jan 21, 2020, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Ut oh... ]

Not gonna mention any names but there is a guy where I live played for a private school. He was 6-5 300+ but usually outweighed his opposition by 30 pounds. Rated high, going to UGA. He did play in army all-star game but some of us here wonder how he is going to do when he gets in trenches with equal guys. That's another reason you have a hard time rating O-Line. This kid may turn into an all-american, but give me guys like Boggs who has a burning desire to play everytime.

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic