Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This post may earn me some "Coot"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

This post may earn me some "Coot"

Nov 5, 2017, 4:00 PM

accusations, but I assure you that I am as true Orange as anybody on this board, and for more years than most (Class of 1963). But I have set my rose colored glasses aside and looked at SCar with some degree of objectivity. Are they as talented and as deep and as well coached as our Tigers ... NO. But Bently is an above average QB, he has very good receivers (at least 3 of which we tried hard to get), they are improved in the trenches on both sides of the ball, and are capable of beating us if we waltz into Willy-B taking them for granted. I know our players and coaches are not going to do that, and neither should we.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This post may earn me some "Coot"

Nov 5, 2017, 4:10 PM

GA was already looking ahead to Auburn before the ball was spotted for the kick off.
Let the Coots feel like they are relevant, it'll make their loss to us even more enjoyable.
Remember, this is the team that lost to KY at home and squeaked by the Offensive Juggernaut that is LA Tech.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We probably will not win 56-7 this year.

Nov 5, 2017, 6:22 PM

But we will win ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

STOP. Bentley is NOT an above avg QB

Nov 5, 2017, 4:12 PM

They have played bad competition. Since starting he has won 2 games against FBS teams with winning records. Anything can happen but they have been crazy lucky to win most of their games, best example being NC State. Look at the stats.
and for wins:
https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=22483251

Re: STOP. Bentley is NOT an above avg QB

Nov 5, 2017, 4:24 PM

I do not agree that Bentley is not above average. If you look at all 65 Power Five QB's, I really believe that more than half of them would be considered less talented than he is. He is not great, and we will beat him as long as out players and coaches don't agree with you .... but he is not chopped liver.

Nov 5, 2017, 4:14 PM

Coots are ranked 114 in total offense

Coots are ranked 61 in total defense

They had only 250 total yards on Georgia Saturday.

Weak conference foes are elevating your estimation of them

Their SEC wins are against teams that have won 2 sec games

We will win by 14+ when we play them.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 4:20 PM

One of their SEC wins(Arkansas) had to come from behind last night to beat 1-8 Coastal Carolina 39-38.

Nov 5, 2017, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: This post may earn me some "Coot" ]

Yes, yep & yeah. It’s just this simple & I don’t understand why so many can’t see it.

We will beat them by 3 touchdowns.***

Nov 5, 2017, 4:19 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

I won't call you a Coot

Nov 5, 2017, 4:24 PM

but I take contention with your claim that we tried hard to get 3 of their receivers. We've pretty much got our top choices the last three years.

Bryan Edwards we only offered at DB.
OrTre Smith... Tee Higgins was much higher rated and after we got a commitment from Amari Rogers I think we stopped recruiting.
Shi Smith... Amari Rogers was higher rated and who we wanted. We didn't have a place left after Rogers committed.
Deebo Samuel we didn't even offer. We got Deon Cain and Ray Ray McCloud that cycle (both 5* out of Florida).

Honestly, South Carolina has benefited from some talented in-state prospects that were lower on the board than who we recruited. We landed the WRs that we wanted more the last three years. TJ Chase might be the only exception, who committed really early. We could have got a higher recruit that year, but we don't reneg.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: I won't call you a Coot

Nov 5, 2017, 4:55 PM

Appearantly the OP doesn't follow recruiting very closely or he would know this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 4:42 PM

Yeah don't know what team you are watching. Heck their fans are starting to turn on Bentley. He's an average QB and there is no argument about it. As far as trying to get 3 of their WR hard, don't know what hat you pulled that -it out of. Yes we wanted Edwards but at Safety. Didn't even recruit Shi Smith and being offered and being recruited are 2 entirely different things. OreTre Smith was recruited hard by Clemson but only after James Robinson took himself off our board by being a criminal. Clemson practically came in late and still almost got OreTre. Deebo wasn't even on the board and thats nothing against him because he has turned into a great player but he was a developmental type guy and Clemson is recruiting guys out of the box ready. Could Clemson lose to South Carolina, sure they could if they played like they did against Syracuse and have a hurt QB and the defense plays horrible but make no bones about it South Carolina is a bad offensive team. You can feel how ever you want but I totally disagree with you on Bentley and the recruitment of the 3 WRs you couldn't be more wrong on. I think so many people get recruiting wrong so often. Just because a kid has a offer doesn't mean he is actively being recruited by that team.

Nov 5, 2017, 4:52 PM

They should 2 to 3 more losses. The ball bounced their in La.Tech and N.C.State and one more I cannot think of. The only reason the Georgia game was as close as it was it was a sandwich game. In between Florida, which is their rival and who they were jacked up for, and Auburn this weekend which is an important SEC game. Georgia did not come in to the SC game with much enthusiasm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 4:47 PM

Sure sound like a coot? Why do you feel compelled these things? Certainly the coots could beat us, but why distort the facts?

True.*****

Nov 5, 2017, 4:53 PM

Nov 5, 2017, 4:54 PM

I agree with you. They are much improved, especially on defense. And, their offense has capability to make big plays. We CANNOT assume we'll beat them like last year.

G T F O, he is well below average and has only one quality WR...

Nov 5, 2017, 4:56 PM

Jack Bartley can't complete passes if his Receiver isn't 5-10 yards open. Our Defense is going to give him CTE

Coots can not stop a running QB ask Kentucky.

their oline sucks ??????????????***

In the words of their own fans

Nov 5, 2017, 4:57 PM

No one gets up to play scar

Nov 5, 2017, 4:58 PM

I don't think we'll ever just waltz into there and not take them seriously. We have a stomp on their throat mentality for that bunch.

Re: Benlley would never get off the bench if he

Nov 5, 2017, 5:03 PM

played at Clemson.

Nov 5, 2017, 5:30 PM

Ok...let me be clear...when you are dealing with 18-22 year old kids, anything can happen. Hence, the recent use of the term “rat poison” by coach Saban. Certainly, we are capable of talking the “posion” and laying an egg in Columbia. (see Syracuse game) Let me also be clear on this, the only team that can beat Clemson in Columbia on the last Saturday in November is Clemson. South Carolina is not a good football team. Yes, they are 6-3, but they have beaten no one...and I mean no one. And before you mention NC State...NC State beat NC State. Look...numbers don’t lie. To date, SC has played one team that has a top 50 defense, yet SC’s has a total offense rank of #114. By contrast, Clemson is ranked #34 in total offense but has played 4 teams with a top 50 defense. On the defensive side of the ball, SC has a total defense rank of #60. This is respectable until you realize only 3 of their 9 games have come against teams with a top 50 rank in total offense. Clemson is ranked #13 in total defense yet 6 of their opponents are ranked inside the top 50 in total offense. If you add GA Tech, which is #52 in total offense, 7 of Clemson’s 9 opponents have an offense ranked 52 or higher. To further my point about SC not playing anyone with a pulse, 4 of the teams they played have a total offense rank of #105 or lower and more than half of their schedule comes against teams ranked #76 or lower in total offense. Don’t fall into the trap that SC is this juggernaut...they aren’t!!! If both teams play there best it is still a 14 to 17 point game in favor of the Tigers. Clemson has vastly more talent than SC and avoiding the “posion” will be the key to a Clemson win.

Nov 5, 2017, 6:26 PM

#114 in Total Offense. Lol. Try again

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21/p3

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Nobody on their team was recruited by CU as a wide receiver

Nov 5, 2017, 6:29 PM

They have two guys on their team who wanted to play WR for Clemson who were recruited as potential DB and TE candidates.

Don't be ridiculous.

Nov 5, 2017, 6:39 PM

Coots are 6-3 and they haven't played any good teams yet.

Dude, they played NCST and UGA

Nov 5, 2017, 6:49 PM

Granted, they were VERY lucky to beat NCST. NCST beat themselves, with the help of the refs late in that game. But they have played two good teams.

AND it is a rivalry game. The better team does not always win the rivalry game, especially on the road. We need to BRING IT and WIN IT.

That said, let's beat FSU first.

If it earns you that, sign me up for a double then!!!***

Nov 5, 2017, 9:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic